It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Ross Twitch Marathon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks but nah, oil paint is a bitch to clean up and I hate the smell of turpentine and I don't have the space to beat the crap out of my brush like he did. Paint spatters everywhere!
edit on 10/31/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I always admired his ability to create stunning landscapes in 30 minutes or less.

This is a happy little tree painting Bob Ross

edit on 10/31/2015 by N3k9Ni because: typo

edit on 10/31/2015 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's really not bad. Has sort of a Van Gogh style to it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It was my third try at painting and my last lol.

If you laugh, I will kick you.

What's wrong with it ?!

I see happy trees and happy sky and happy mountains and a happy sun reflecting on happy water...

And Bob Ross's awesome brush technique is screaming all over that happy pine tree !

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
In honor of Bob:

edit on 31-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks guys now back to Bob Ross

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

It was really a surprise when I heard this guy died at the age of 52 from cancer. With his calming voice and his love for painting, you would think he lead a stress free life! You would think he would have lived to be a 100 years old!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He speaks to his palette and his paints constantly "just let it happen"...."see all happy"......in his calm voice.

I have zero art skills so I consider Bob (and others like Banksy) a cut above normal humanity - they see life completely differently and I am constantly reminded of the sculptor who exclaimed that "the statue has always been there - I just needed to remove the unnecessary rock to show it" (or words to that effect).

Bobs ability to both paint as well as explain how to do it.... is the stuff of legend.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I love it! Don't give up and keep brushing away, I found music playing when I paint really helps.
Here's a painting of mine that I was inspired to do based on Bob Ross' painting style. I really like the mountain range, but it was way to small, compared to my happy 'little' cloud on top which kind of got way out of hand, I have trouble getting things to sit right, but it's time to start a new painting I think.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah, he seemed so balanced and a healthy weight too. I think the world is desperately in need of more people like him. He's still painting away folks though in spirit and thankfully he left us his episodes of joyous painting.
(50,602 people are watching now, that's a full stadium worth of happy little people)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Wow! That's really, really good!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thanks, but I really need to keep at it and work the layers up better so it doesn't look so flat. The mountains should have been 5 times higher really, oh well I'll do better on my next one

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Thanks but nah, oil paint is a bitch to clean up and I hate the smell of turpentine and I don't have the space to beat the crap out of my brush like he did. Paint spatters everywhere!

There are water miscible oil paints now so you don't have to deal with turpentine. Working with it is almost exactly like working with regular oil paint. Plus it's a lot easier to clean up.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo

I'm just using acrylic, but Ateliers brand which you can re-wet and move around on the canvas a bit. However, it still dries very very quick. I'd much prefer to be doing the wet-on-wet oil approach, but the clean-ups are a pain. But it's very interesting to hear about water based oils. Have you used them much? How long does it remain wet on the canvas? I'm rather interested and will have to see what my local art place has.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ha! My costume this year

Happy Halloween!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Words cannot express how awesome that get up is! Well done, great choice for a dress up!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The drying times are similar to that of regular oil paint. You can definitely use it wet-on-wet. Generally if I'm going to use oil paint, I reach for the water miscible ones. I find myself using them way more often than the traditional oil paints.

Here is a site with some information and tips about it: www.finearttips.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo

Thanks for the info, gave my local store a call and they carry them so I'll grab a few basic colours and hope to see a improvement in my blending

The Bob Ross stream is still going by the way everyone, probably until Nov 6th. Although he just mentioned about the baby bird in this episode that he brought in a few eps ago, so I missed it!!

So, I looked on the ole YouTubes and there's a clip with him bringing in a baby owl to the show.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This episode that's on live right now had him introduce with a little bird on his hand
Live Link to Bob
He put him to the side, not sure if you will get to see him again, but the marathon is still going strong!

Bird loves Bob so much he was a happy little nugget just perching on his hand.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Twitch chat is not the place to relax lol...that many people, there are bound to be trolls galore. Many a Jimmy will be rustled in the next few days.

<< 1    3 >>

join