It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The refugee crisis, captured in one staggering animated graphic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow, this graphical representation reminds me of missile command. Definitely telling as the moving dots show the countries of origin and the destination countries.

Really puts in in perspective when you see it like this.

www.marketwatch.com...

It can be difficult to fully comprehend the scope of the refugee crisis flaring up across Europe based on the numbers alone.

That’s where Lucify comes in.

The Finnish data visualization site took the U.N.’s monthly count of asylum-seekers from 2012 through 2015 and used the numbers to create an amazing animated graphic. Each moving dot represents 25 people leaving their home country and moving into another.

“We aimed to convey the magnitude of the crisis in a way that is intuitive, memorable and engaging,” the creators wrote on Medium. “After building a proof-of-concept, we recognized that such a visualization does not only show the scale of the numbers, but also beautifully tells the story of what those numbers mean.”

Check out the full graphic:

www.lucify.com...
edit on 30-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
"Lucify" seems an appropriate name for this.

Thanks Infolurker for the thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The biggest hemorrhages are from Iraq and Syria. According to the time line, juuust about the time the US declared ISIS and the new bombing campaigns in both countries.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, because the ME was the modern day Atlantis before we got there. : @@ :

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, because the ME was the modern day Atlantis before we got there. : @@ :

You mean all those people in Tikrit, Iraq didn't need these bridges or Marshaling yards to distribute food to a city of millions?
"We" laid siege to an entire city, shutting off power, water, communication and transport to starve out a population. It worked, the proof is the streams of refugees.

You don't think thousands of sorties by aircraft were just pounding sand or playing whackamole in the desert did you?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What really irritates me is that, when the U.S. was facing a tidal wave of illegals coming from Mexico, South America, etc, we were the targets of shame and ridicule for not supplying "those poor people who are only trying to find a better life and escape the violence" with a place to live, food, clothes, medical care.....
Now that Europe is facing the same, I all hear is complaints about the violence, refusal to assimilate, attacking Drs and Nurses, strain on resources....basically the same complaints we had, but now, it's Europe facing it.
So..where's the compassion? Where is that willingness to help those poor people? Why aren't you making room in your homes, donating money, demanding they be given free medical care, that they are entitled to be treated exactly the way a citizen would be treated. After all, they're human too, right?
Not calling you hypocrites, but....If the shoe fits, lace that bitch up and wear it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Allied forced totally nuked everything required to keep civilization going; power stations, power lines, telephone exchanges, government offices, power lines. Everything related to command and control or keeping a country running and remaining civilized. It's probably going to take decades to recover if places like Lebanon are anything to go by.

Having reduced a country that was living a first-world lifestyle back down to the stone age, we are now surprised that the population want to regain that lifestyle and move to Europe?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Awsome video.

My takeaway is this. Massive migration from the eastern world to safehouses apparant.

The US experiences the same from the southern hemispheres.

But the cold hard facts are, people are scrambling to places that appear safer than the ones they are leaving.

It must be pretty bad now outside of northwestern Europe and the upper west side.

This is a global exodus unlike anything we have seen in human history.

Something is about ready to pop.
edit on 30-10-2015 by smirkley because: Correcyion

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

What really irritates me is that, when the U.S. was facing a tidal wave of illegals coming from Mexico, South America, etc, we were the targets of shame and ridicule for not supplying "those poor people who are only trying to find a better life and escape the violence" with a place to live, food, clothes, medical care.....

When and where did this supposed European hypocrisy take place?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Already posted here.

Please add to the pre-existing thread.

closing

new topics

top topics

join