It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia just announced that it is sending humans to the moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is kinda old news but I thought I'd post since no one has yet. Just a couple years late but Russia is sending cosmonauts to the Moon. The ESA wants in on the action so there will be a joint Roscosmos/ESA mission which is planned for 2029. They won't just land there but there is also plans for a joint MoonBase.

Before 2030, Russia plans to land its first cosmonauts on the moon, and Europe wants a piece of the action.
They're a little late for the great space race of the '60s, but the mission is an admirable push for the re-ignited interest in manned deep-space travel.

On Tuesday, at a space and technology conference in Moscow, the head of Roscosmos Energia — Russia's version of NASA — announced: "A manned flight to the moon and lunar landing is planned for 2029."

Russia is making some serious moves to strengthen tries and increase its global power. This is another moves that proves that case in my mind. What says ATS?

finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 28-10-2015 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The first space race is widely regarded as a cover to justify research into ICBMs. With tensions high and the ruble down significantly from two years ago makes one wonder if this kind of spending is fueling any other research.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

On Tuesday, at a space and technology conference in Moscow, the head of Roscosmos Energia — Russia's version of NASA — announced: "A manned flight to the moon and lunar landing is planned for 2029."

Commence holding breath....now.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I have a theory as to why Russia makes these moon base announcements every couple of years. Nixon's Apollo

It's always 10-15 years away. Always.

Same thing happens when NASA's claimed (in the early glow of Apollo) that going to Mars in the 1980's was within our their grasp. Credible people, experts in the subject vouched for that claim.

NASA's Mars dreams were cancelled when Nixon ordered both Saturn & Apollo cancelled in favor of the STS. Mars was still a dream... by the end of the century... when 2000 slips away and then it's 2030 or some #.

Meanwhile, the Russians have never sent a human being over ~300 miles in space. Think about that for awhile. Oh yeay, we have been thinking about that elephant in the room since 1965 when the Russians made their last and final space altitude record.

Hrrrrmmph.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
............Just as soon as they figure out how to pass the VA Belts.

Oh, yeah, that's right, they'll use a "special" trajectory and magically skim through them with ease just like they did all those years ago.

Silly me.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

the Russians have never sent a human being over ~300 miles in space

Maybe we haven't either.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Their going to film it in Syria.

SnF
edit on Rpm102815v05201500000047 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
russia seems to be coming into big money...wonder where that is coming from?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
2029????? That's 15 years from now. FIFTEEN YEARS?????? Makes no sense to me. Sounds like posturing.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Maybe we haven't either.

We have.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
............Just as soon as they figure out how to pass the VA Belts.

Oh, yeah, that's right, they'll use a "special" trajectory and magically skim through them with ease just like they did all those years ago.

Silly me.

This nonsense is still going around? You're aware Van Allen himself has said that the radiation belt poses no threat to humans, correct?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: CB328

Maybe we haven't either.

We have.

Who is "We"?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Announcements like this are easy.

Bush made the same claim in 2004.

Bush 2004 Annoucement NASA going to Moon and Mars

As the saying goes: "Talk is cheap". I doubt there is a serious effort on Russia's part for a moon mission.

edit on 28-10-2015 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, two things.

1. The Moon albino human ETs won't allow it.

2. United States has never been to the Moon either.
i.imgur.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One step at a time =)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
GOOD, I love progress.
I wish them the best of luck.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Going to the moon is considered "deep space," travel? I know its not an easy feat but damn

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Russia is making some serious moves to strengthen tries and increase its global power. This is another moves that proves that case in my mind. What says ATS?

The Russians make this announcement every few years. Nothing ever happens. See this article describing a similar (possibly the same) program with an identical timeline. Despite their ambitious plans, the money promised to fund such programs never seems to materialize.

Meanwhile, the new Vostochny Cosmodrome in eastern Russia has been delayed yet again, this time because the assembly building for one of the rockets (I believe a Soyuz) was built to incorrect specifications and is too small for the rocket it is meant to house.

Once the Russians get Vostochny up and running, and if they ever manage to get the perennially-delayed the MLM launched to the ISS, then MAYBE I'll believe they're going to the moon.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

In theory. I haven't seen anyone actually do it yet.......have you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join