It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the woods are scary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When we were teenagers, our family would go out for the day to visit the various stone circles in Aberdeenshire. Several of 1 these would be surrounded by forest. By twilight, they would have this very otherworldy atmosphere. It was becoming so dark, you could hardly tell the difference between ground and vegetation. The sky would just be a faint glow above the treeline. Standing still, we would hear all sorts of "things" moving about, as well as wood pigeons, owls. One of our womenfolk once had a mouse run over her sandals.

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...

crooktree.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This whole country was stolen from the org natives that dwelled here, the denizens murdered outright or shipped off to places they did not want to be.

I don't doubt for a minute we have offended the greater and lesser spirits here and they do in fact haunt these woods, driving out the invaders by magic.

Now howls like a wolf…

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is my own personal experience from a few weeks ago

So today is my girlfriend and I's first anniversary. So we thought we would go hiking up to a waterfall called Martins falls to do some photography. It's about 40 miles outside of town up in the boon docks. So we get there and I'm setting up my gear at the bottom of the falls and my gf finds a game trail going up the side of the falls and starts climbing it.Which in of itself is out of the ordinary as she hates climbing anything high. So I get all my stuff packed up and start up behind her. 30 min's or so later we are at the top looking down. It started raining so we took cover so as to not get the camera soaked. once that passed we started looking around. Up behind the main falls are another series of smaller falls going back up the mountain.

We walked maybe 300 feet and I was setting up my gear to get some shots and she had walked up ahead of me. She was standing up there for a couple of min's and she comes back down and the look on her face, something was wrong. She goes "babe there is something bad up ahead, there is something up there." I just sorta looked at her for a second. For whatever reason I felt the urge to move my head. As soon as I did that a branch came crashing down from the canopy above us and hit my hand and camera. Had I not moved my head it would have hit me. It was weird because I was not leaning on a tree or anything like that to cause this branch to fall out of the tree and hit me. I looked at her and that's when I felt it. There was something or someone there too. I packed up my gear as quickly as I could and I turned and looked across the creek and I saw something very large and black dart between the trees. I told my gf we needed to get the f outta there and now. About two hundred feet or so away from us was a road so we quickly headed towards that road and started climbing the ravine to get up to. half ways up I turned and looked back to where we came from. Directly across from where I stood on the other side of the creek was a rock ledge that was above it and there was something that was golden color standing there watching us.

I asked my gf if she could see it and she looked at it and described to me what I was seeing. Once we got back up to the road we started walking back to our car which we thought was only 3 or 400 feet down the road. Turns out we ended up walking almost 2 miles to get to our car. Which makes no sense. Before getting hit by the branch I had turned around and looked down the creek and I could see the top of the big falls were we had climbed up. We went on a direct horizontal line from the water to the road so I can understand for the life of me how we ended up almost two miles from the car when we only went up 300 feet from the falls?? When we got to the car we looked at the time on our phones and it was 7 pm when we got to the falls it was after 6. So in less then an hr we climbed the falls stopped a couple of times to take pictures and then walked almost 2 miles. The math doesn't work. I know it took almost a half hr to climb the falls, we took cover for 20 mins waiting out the rain and stopped twice for me to set up my gear and take photos. So somewhere we lost almost two hrs. It should have been a lot later then it was.

On the drive out we talked about what we had just experienced. She said that when I was taking pictures and she had walked a little further ahead she saw what looked like a small cave or grotto off to the side of the creek and she wanted to take a picture of it and she pulled out her phone and went to take a picture and her phone freaked out and wouldn't take a picture. She said that's when she got the feeling that there was something bad there and came back to get me. When we talked about the thing on the ledge she said she got a distinct feminine feeling from it and looked somewhat female. For me when I saw it I knew it was not good. I've had a lot of experiences in my life and this is the first time I've actually been scared to the point were I realized that if we didn't leave we wouldn't have gotten out of there. The other feeling I got was that we stumbled into something that we were not supposed to find and it didn't want us there.

From there we went and got dinner and that's when we found this on one of the two photos she had taken. This was taken with a Samsung Galaxy phone. When she took this photo she said that it was not there. Only when she looked at them later did she see it. From first sight it looks like a damn bear except for the way its standing all hunched over with its paws drawn up to its chest. You can see part of it on the other side of the tree. I've never heard of a bear walking on its hind legs hunched over like that. There are some other strange things in the photo too. I could buy it as a bear except for the fact I saw something large and black dart between two trees extremely fast and then the thing/being that was golden standing on the ledge watching us. I just really do not know how to explain this experience. Nothing about it makes sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: w810i

Glad to read you didn't take a tree limb to your cranium. The missing time aspect is strange. Were you absolutely convinced that you had experienced 'missing time'?

Thanks for sharing your story and pic. My two cents: that's a black bear.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That story is incredible. I wonder if the black hole thing you saw is what's responsible for some of David Paulides "Missing 411" vanishings?? The clothes in the tree made me think of the 411 cases. In some of those cases, the clothes of the missing person have been found, sometimes folded or in an otherwise weird state, like pants and shoes being found, as if the person had laid on the ground and just disappeared, leaving their clothes behind!

Another strange aspect of these cases is that it's always a single person. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't a single case of 2 or more people vanishing.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, some very interesting stories in the thread! Nice to read, as always! S&F for interesting. Love the gif in the OP, too!

For me, the scariest moments I have experienced have never been in the woods. One was in a neighborhood, when I was in high school. One was seeing some weird flying thing, over an empty field across from the apartments where we lived. Other moments have always been places with people. The only time I recall having woods seem scary is one patch that was way out past some fields behind the ex's parents' place. Those woods felt wrong. When I mentioned it, I got a funny look, and was told someone had sighted a Bigfoot in that area. Go figure!! The forest, though? Never. Odd, I know, especially considering all of the stories. I am actually reading the third of the Missing 411 books now. Creepy stuff, and I have no doubt that something odd is involved. Yet I've never had that sort of odd experience in the forest.

We used to go camping, when I was a kid, every summer. That was the normal vacation for us. Most years, this was in the Cherokee National Forest, and there is even a case, one never solved and one of the stranger ones, not that far from where we were, as far as I can figure. We were in Chilhowee, the same area the bear mauled someone. We would wander all over those trails, usually just my sister and I, all the time, and, with our dad, would even hike to the waterfall, and sometimes down the mountain. I never once felt afraid. We lived in the Southeast when I was a child, and woods were our playground whenever possible. One place, we had them right by the house, along with blackberries. I've seen plenty of "weird" in my life, though, and I don't doubt the stories of those seeing creepy things in the woods. I know what being stalked feels like, too, and that would have to be doubly frightening way off in the forest, with no one else around!

Some comments on the stories shared.

a reply to: ColeYounger
The story of the children in the forest is seriously wild! If it's not simply made up, it's very creepy, with the shoes and the dazed kids.

a reply to: 38181
Harp music?? Now that's not an instrument you'd expect someone to haul into the wilderness! How interesting!

a reply to: fossilera
Scary stuff, and fascinating, the bit about the train tracks. Iron is supposed to repel some things, isn't it? Seems likely in your case, anyway.

a reply to: eluryh22
I have read a little on that forest, and it's definitely similar, I believe! Thanks for the link - more strangeness to read!

a reply to: DAVID64
That's bizarre! I have read other stories, though, of strange holes or portals; can't recall exactly where, though. The clothing, up that high in a tree, is creepy!

a reply to: mikell
Well, something strong enough to toss bowling-ball-sized rocks could be scary to moose as well, I suppose! I'd have fled, too!!

I don't know that I would feel comfortable walking alone in a forest, as some have also stated. Even known dangers are very real, and alone is vulnerable. The unknown dangers are even stranger! Reading more of the stories about all of the missing people, and looking at all of the oddities in the stories, one can't help but wonder!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Afraid in the woods? Never. Cautious, yes.

A few years back sharing a bonfire with my native friend I did see something odd moving at the edge of the woods that surrounded us. It looked as tall as an average man but my eyes could not adjust quickly due to the light of the fire. We ended up going out looking for it with a spotlight. Found nothing of course. Eyes playing tricks on me, possibly.

Later his father joined us (old school native and a marine, a man who does not embellish much) and told us about a local legend "bearwalk" he called it. A shapeshifting spirit that feeds off of fear. Similar to skinwalkers the Navajos had in legends.

Definitely made me think twice about what I saw that night.

Either way I feel at home in the woods. The memories they hold not soon forgotten.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I can't seem to find the words to describe how BLACK that hole was. It was just there, in mid air, about 1 ft or so off the ground. The words "deep space" keep going through mind, every time I think about it. Cold, Black, Alone, far from anything else, in the space between Galaxies. Terror is not even the right word. It was a primal, visceral, reptilian hind brain reaction to Get Away from it. I've never, in the last 40+ years, felt anything even close. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that, had we gone closer, we'd have never been seen again.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Tales of people experiencing high strangeness in forested areas has made Listverse's top 5 list of bizarre phenomena, right up there with shadow people. A paranormal researcher has given the phenomena the name 'PANic in the woods', referencing the mythological Greek God Pan, who is said to be a protector of wild places.

From the Listverse story:
Victims experience a feeling that there is a powerful, sinister force nearby, and sense imminent danger. This usually leads the person to flee the area, desperately seeking out civilization. One curiously common characteristic of PANic, is that people often describe the woods becoming quiet and strange just before the fear starts, except for an unusual, escalating, buzzing sound. At least one article on the phenomenon has been written for Fortean Times Magazine by Patrick Harpur, called “Landscapes of Panic”. Many other alleged actual experiences of panic have been posted on paranormal forums. Is there really a spirit of the woods that shuns humanity?

Some of the stories involve time rifts, where people literally get transported back in time. One such story involved a group of children playing hide and seek in some apple orchards. Three of the kids squeezed through a thick hedge of bushes, and we're freaked out to see an old farmhouse that "shouldn't have been there". They looked in a window and saw an old woman baking a pie. They ran home and told their parents, who thought the kids were playing a joke, but elderly relatives were astonished, as the kids described a long-gone farmhouse that stood exactly where the kids had said. (This happened in Washington state, not far from Seattle.)

I found this very strange story on a paranormal forum. It contains some elements of the 'Missing 411' stories, but thankfully the missing children were found almost immediately.

Forest Mystery:
It happened around the summer season of 2008, when I was only 7 years old. I used to live in the RAF quarters in High Wycombe, and due to the well-populated area, there were a lot of kids the same age as me.

Our mothers always gave us one rule: Never go in the forest at night. They never gave us a reason for not going in the forest, so against all our mothers' wishes, we would treck through the forest for hours on end.

Nothing ever really happened, apart from sometimes we would hear scratching on the trees, and have the urge to turn around because you would feel like someone was following you.

One occasion however, is more than likely to haunt me for life. It was just an average sunny day, and a group of about 10-12 of us all decided to sneak into the forest again, thinking nothing of it, as this had turned into something normal for us.

After about 20 minutes walking through the forest, a few of my friends noticed a count change in our group. We started with more than 10 people and when we did a count check there were only 8 of us. Confused by the decrease in numbers, we figured it was just a few of our friends fooling around (as that's what 6-9 year olds tend to do).

After about 15 minutes of searching, we came across one of my friends' shoes. And no more than about 15 feet back was one of my friends leaning against a tree in a very uncomfortable position. We asked her why she had run off and where the others were, but she never gave us a direct answer and looked very spaced out. We gave her her shoes back, and in doing so she said, "That's my shoe.
Somebody took my shoe..." and started crying.

Startled by her strange antics, we quickly rushed around the forest in search of the others, and they had been standing in the exact same awkward position and looked equally spaced out. They only regained what seemed normality to us when they left the forest.

The day after this had happened, the four that had wandered off had no recollection of anything that happened. And to this day, the two that I am still friends with now, have no idea what happened that day in the forest.

A gallery of eerie forest photos.

You know, it's interesting, I very much consider myself a nature person. I love to camp, hike, ski, swim in rivers/lakes, etc. Often alone!

But yes, there most definitely have been a few times where I felt a really eery feeling or maybe even danger out of nowhere.

However, I wonder sometimes if that is some kind of left over instinct from our evolutionary past, i.e. being alone or in an exposed group out in the wilderness?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Tales of people experiencing high strangeness in forested areas has made Listverse's top 5 list of bizarre phenomena, right up there with shadow people. A paranormal researcher has given the phenomena the name 'PANic in the woods', referencing the mythological Greek God Pan, who is said to be a protector of wild places.

From the Listverse story:
Victims experience a feeling that there is a powerful, sinister force nearby, and sense imminent danger. This usually leads the person to flee the area, desperately seeking out civilization. One curiously common characteristic of PANic, is that people often describe the woods becoming quiet and strange just before the fear starts, except for an unusual, escalating, buzzing sound. At least one article on the phenomenon has been written for Fortean Times Magazine by Patrick Harpur, called “Landscapes of Panic”. Many other alleged actual experiences of panic have been posted on paranormal forums. Is there really a spirit of the woods that shuns humanity?

Some of the stories involve time rifts, where people literally get transported back in time. One such story involved a group of children playing hide and seek in some apple orchards. Three of the kids squeezed through a thick hedge of bushes, and we're freaked out to see an old farmhouse that "shouldn't have been there". They looked in a window and saw an old woman baking a pie. They ran home and told their parents, who thought the kids were playing a joke, but elderly relatives were astonished, as the kids described a long-gone farmhouse that stood exactly where the kids had said. (This happened in Washington state, not far from Seattle.)

I found this very strange story on a paranormal forum. It contains some elements of the 'Missing 411' stories, but thankfully the missing children were found almost immediately.

Forest Mystery:
It happened around the summer season of 2008, when I was only 7 years old. I used to live in the RAF quarters in High Wycombe, and due to the well-populated area, there were a lot of kids the same age as me.

Our mothers always gave us one rule: Never go in the forest at night. They never gave us a reason for not going in the forest, so against all our mothers' wishes, we would treck through the forest for hours on end.

Nothing ever really happened, apart from sometimes we would hear scratching on the trees, and have the urge to turn around because you would feel like someone was following you.

One occasion however, is more than likely to haunt me for life. It was just an average sunny day, and a group of about 10-12 of us all decided to sneak into the forest again, thinking nothing of it, as this had turned into something normal for us.

After about 20 minutes walking through the forest, a few of my friends noticed a count change in our group. We started with more than 10 people and when we did a count check there were only 8 of us. Confused by the decrease in numbers, we figured it was just a few of our friends fooling around (as that's what 6-9 year olds tend to do).

After about 15 minutes of searching, we came across one of my friends' shoes. And no more than about 15 feet back was one of my friends leaning against a tree in a very uncomfortable position. We asked her why she had run off and where the others were, but she never gave us a direct answer and looked very spaced out. We gave her her shoes back, and in doing so she said, "That's my shoe.
Somebody took my shoe..." and started crying.

Startled by her strange antics, we quickly rushed around the forest in search of the others, and they had been standing in the exact same awkward position and looked equally spaced out. They only regained what seemed normality to us when they left the forest.

The day after this had happened, the four that had wandered off had no recollection of anything that happened. And to this day, the two that I am still friends with now, have no idea what happened that day in the forest.

A gallery of eerie forest photos.

To follow up, I've enjoyed these stories of various commentators.

I actually do have a story along these lines.

One time, when I was about 19, myself and several friends were hiking in some of the deep redwood forests that make northern California so beautiful. Those trees are as tall and large as they get, and the forests as deep as they come. Some of the old growth trees there are as wide as a small house and 1-2,000 years old if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, at some point deep in the woods we came across these redwood tree rings. In the middle of one was a massive treehouse. When I mean treehouse, I don't mean some kids plaything. I mean it looked like someone built almost a cabin in the trees. Also, the strange thing was that in a few smaller tree rings there were some rotting wooden structures. We were able to get up into the treehouse through a hole in the floor.

We were sitting in there, and I remember getting what some are describing on here, a very powerful feeling of GTFU of there, that there was something wrong. I think a few of my friends felt really weird too. We got the hell out of there. In hindsight, this place would have made a good setting for a horror movie or witches story. It gives me chills just writing this.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I can't seem to find the words to describe how BLACK that hole was. It was just there, in mid air, about 1 ft or so off the ground. The words "deep space" keep going through mind, every time I think about it. Cold, Black, Alone, far from anything else, in the space between Galaxies. Terror is not even the right word. It was a primal, visceral, reptilian hind brain reaction to Get Away from it. I've never, in the last 40+ years, felt anything even close. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that, had we gone closer, we'd have never been seen again.

That's a crazy story. You said you had a few hypotheses. What are those?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The survivalist boards have a thread hundreds of pages long, called "creepy stories from the outdoors".
I stayed up late many nights reading it, was well worth it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

this thread probably?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Must say that I enjoy reading those kinds of stories and thank you for mentioning that there is a whole treasure of them here

also thank you for all the ones here! Some users have posted very scary stories in this thread.
Unfortunately or luckily I don't have one to tell even though I live near the forest all my life. I have been scared a few times in the forest at night, but manly due to paranoia. I mean every sound at night can be scary if you have wiled imagination haha

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I had no idea this was a recognized phenomenon. I went hiking through the woods a great deal over the years. Maybe 15 yrs ago now, I went walking along 'the tracks' (the path remaining of the railway tracks.) From there, off into a four-wheeler path and another one, and another one, still not too far from society. I passed a wide path for the tall power-lines, reentering the woods. I walked for a time, then drawn to a hollow-like area of few trees and an unusual amount of grass, like a natural picnic park or something. There were some large rocks, and it was very beautiful and had lots of character, I thought. Something drew me away from that and I went downhill, which became quite steep, holding onto alders and shrubs as I went, coming to a large rock which allowed me to rest. There was a mound next to it, so I was able to walk around a bit before going further. Before me was a small valley--I had entered halfway down into a large cut in the ground. The trees below looked very old and somehow I just felt that no human being had ever entered them. It felt like something ancient and sacred, hidden. (It always made me think of Fangorn forest from 'The Lord of the Rings.') I was intrigued...

While I rested and looked over the trees below there was a very exotic bird sound, although I did not notice it for a couple minutes or so (there are various bird sounds in the woods.) But this reminded me of something from a nature show about exotic animals on some jungle island or something. It was more of a high-pitched 'woo-woo-woo!' than the usual chirping or bird-songs you hear around these parts. It had a strong vibrational quality. It got louder and louder, like someone raising the volume, until at last I noticed it. When I started listening the sound shifted into a mischievous (or possibly demonic) laugh. By the sound of it, only a child or tiny person could make such a sound (as you could tell they had a small throat.) The laughter mutated again, this time into a coyote's howl, although my mind was still fixated on the mischievous laughter. The coyote's howl changed back into the bird sound, and then it died off. All went silent.

I saw nor heard anything strange now, but I felt, very strongly, all the negative energy in the forest around me moving, being drawn into a centre point in behind some trees not far from where I was. I felt the negative energy centering there, becoming dense. Then I felt the negative energy moving towards me. I sat down, on the steep drop I believe, my feet on the rock. I was determined not to be a coward and run, as I had done in previous incidents regarding the unknown. Feeling I was spiritually empowered in myself (quite capable of holding strong and defending myself spiritually,) I refused to get scared and held my ground. However, as it drew closer there was a strong intuitive feeling lifting inside me that was basically saying: RUN! I knew then that I had to. Stubbornly, I refused to run, but I walked as fast as I could up the drop and back to society. I felt the negative energy following me, fragmenting the closer we got to society. When I felt it was quite weak, I looked back. I even walked back to see it fragmenting, but there was nothing to see, or even feel at this point.

It was spooky enough that I decided to never return there unless I had people with me, and only then if they understood the potential dangers (I wondered if perhaps a natural habitat was being guarded by some mystical guardians who hated humans.) It sounded like a shape-shifter, due to how the same vocal expression changed so dramatically.

Another time (prior to the above experience) I was walking up the same path, beside that park-like area below, but I walked a little further along it. Everything was normal, until the wind died down more and more to the point where I realized the entire forest had fallen silent (at least around me!) No bird sounds, or squirrels moving about, or twigs scraping against twigs, nothing! I not only held still but held my breath, releasing it as silently as humanly possible! I was a little scared, but also very curious! I looked over the forest around me, looking through the trees, part of me imagining that I might see some mystical creature moving silently through the woods while all nature froze in fear of it. But, I saw nor felt anything odd, except for the silence and stillness. After a minute or two, the wind picked back up and all the usual sounds returned as if nothing had happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Nooo, this thread on survivalistboards.com

Creepy stories from the outdoors

Lots of people experience that hair raising gtfo feeling, whilst out in the woods. Many people assume that this is just a danger sensing "sixth sense" that all humans have built in, but now that we aren't neanderthals living in caves and forests anymore, we don't really experience it as much anymore. Makes sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I can't help but think of the many cases seen on tv about haunted homes and land that leed back to indian spirits or some activity going back to the revolution war or just the fact an Indian spirit doesn't want you there. If you died with a belief system of skin walkers and putting nature as a spiritual plane than most modern society would be offensive.

Further I remember a show showing some sort of thing that was built in the woods at a few locations by Indians that were believed and meant to be a portal. I firery the name but they were like a symbol or something that was laid in rocks. Wherever these were found there was a high increase in paranormal activity. Usually an offense spirit too. I remember a Caucasian girl getting a tattoo by the tribal people in Austrailia and the symbol she got was for an opening of the third eye and after getting it she had c tact with both her grandma but also people her husband killed in the war.

Lastly if I may add is Japan's Suicide forest. I believe ghost hunters int'l did a episode there. Also a movie is coming out based there called the woods or the forest or something. Many people go there to commit suicide so you have heaps of spirits that have a name in japanese denoting to the fact they are lost and or incomplete. I believe when you die premature under conditions of sadness, depression and other mental strain you stay roaming and you seek living people to act out harm or redirection so they don't repeat the mistake you have. Many people have linked this forest going back to ancient times where people would bring people to die. Maybe sick or people who had no one. This creating an energy for others who feel alone. They have reported suicide rates at the forest breaking 200 per year. And Japan stopped publishing the numbers for fear of further notoriety Nd attraction. It's absurd but it has taken volunteers to remove the bodies. I guess it wouldn't be hard to get away with murder if you ant even get authorities to be more proactive in the area to remove bodies and also stop people from going In this very sad forest.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Here's a particular spooky story that involves forests and mines...

When I was a kid, A close friend of mine lived in a remote area that was once a mining community. when I was a kid I would visit and we would go exploring and his mother told to watch our footing as there were many abandoned mine shafts that could be covered by foliage or underbrush.

Then one night my friends mother walked outside and she swore she saw an Asian man carrying buckets. I can't confirm the sighting but I do know that there were mines-that closed decades if not a century ago. It turns out it would not be the last time I'd hear tales of spectral Chinese miners.

edit on 30-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was once a boy playing alone outside among the ancient towering oaks in the neighborhood. I have distinct memories of a recurring abnormal experience from this phase in my life.

When the sky was overcast and grey, and a strong breeze only just begins to gust, moving the groaning and rustling canopy of limbs and leaves, I would get goosebumps as though "something else" was about.

Without knowing why, I would break into a full sprint until reaching an awning of my friend's or my family's house. I could watch the spectacle at ease.

a reply to: intrptr

Out of tremendous grief and anger over the atrocities they witnessed and were told, many medicine men all over the continent set out for every burial ground they could find and use "bad medicine" so that when the wasichus dig up the tombs, they will be cursed, hexed, knowing full well that no tribal would dare do so.

I have begun to wonder if there were very powerful medicine men so overcome with emotion that they used such bad medicine as to explain the mass insanity of much of the USA, being descendants of tomb raiders. Also, our excavators used in construction routinely dig up such cursed graves.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Usually there's not much to worry about around here, as there's not much bigger than coyotes and they avoid people when they can help it. However I heard enough about mountain lion sightings from various local sources before it made the news to be on guard when hiking or biking, a month or two later - that's when that mountain lion was shot in Chicago. Definitely had to pass through the area before heading that way.

Thing now is the coyote-wolf hybrids. Nothing too indicative of that yet here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Not so much as things being creepy in some mysterious way, but rather being aware enough that something in the situation indicates you're not currently in the top spot on the food chain. (Same reason why I don't go purposely swimming in large bodies of water, etc.)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase
a reply to: UniFinity

Nooo, this thread on survivalistboards.com

Creepy stories from the outdoors

Lots of people experience that hair raising gtfo feeling, whilst out in the woods. Many people assume that this is just a danger sensing "sixth sense" that all humans have built in, but now that we aren't neanderthals living in caves and forests anymore, we don't really experience it as much anymore. Makes sense.

I couldn't get that link to work, for some reason, but I did get the thread by searching, so maybe this will help others with a similar issue? link

Cool thread, in any case!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join