It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short introduction about occupied Palestine in a 5 min. video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2
Your question in the form of an answer:
if Israel continues to illegally occupy Palestine, regardless of International law and current events, what prevent's Israel of continuing the stealing land, opress, arrest, torture and killing Palestinians?»

answer: Nothing prevents them.

now its your turn to answer my question: is there anything that can guarantee there wont be a repeat of the 67 war or a way to prevent this situation from occuring again e.g. un peacekeeping force, un backed peace agreement etc etc if israel withdraw to 67 broders?

still no answer!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: combatmaster

Yes Israel hit first but get real man, it called a 'pre-emtive' strike and any retard knows that egypt jordan and syria were preparing to wage war any day...

Apparently I'm older than you to know if you strike first then you started the war.

Israel Military Intelligence: Intelligence During the Six-Day War (1967)

According to Service estimates, the Arab armies would not be ready for war until 1969-70. The Egyptians had large numbers of forces tied down in Yemen backing the anti-Saudi, anti-royalist forces there.
On June 2 the Israeli Cabinet decided in principle on war. The military realized the dangers of waiting any longer: more Egyptian troops would arrive from Yemen, and the Soviet Union would continue with its supply of weapons to Egypt. Moreover, it was understood that the United States and Washington would do nothing to break Nasser's blockade of the Gulf of Aqaba.

So it looks like you know even less than a retard when even Jewish sources admit it would be at least another two years before Egypt would be ready for war. So go spout your nonsense to people stupid enough to actually believe it.

So Israel should have waited two years then when Egypt hit first, respond then?? Gee, I'm glad you don't run a country in the ME. It would be the first one to go down......

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I don't bother answering your queries as you have ignored most of the points in mine.

As far as the U.N. creating a Palestine goes, Israel's response is identical as the 'Palestinian' response was the day Israel was created..."go forth and multiply".

What goes around, comes around. Deal with it..

I agree. "palestinian supporters" have consistently showed disregard for anything(even verified facts and links to said facts) As nothing more than lies. The PLO ans Arafatt have admitted this is a ploy to destroy Israels claims due to their in ability to win in a shooting war against them. As to claims the european jews are not related to the area have also been tested before and more than most do have a genetic marker. the only ones who do not are converts and according to jewish law are to be accepted as if they are and have always been jews. I can already hear the i want verification post coming but you know what? Theres no point because even if i give it to them they will automatically disregard it.

I see you didn't bother watching the You Tube vid I linked to of the Palestinian that supports Israel or the many other sites showing both Muslim and Palestinian support for Israel.

Perhaps the fact that the 20% Muslims in Israel are in no rush to leave..

Perhaps that's why your 'facts' are disregarded.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The other block you ignore is the "non-negotiable" right of return to Israel of any Palestinian.

If that was agreed to there wouldn't be an 'Israel', would there. They'd be the minority.

Tell me again how it's Israel that blocks diplomatic negotiation?

BULL.

Even when there is a legitimate negotiation occurring, some faction immediately pulls some act in Israel just to derail it.

Once again, get rid of the Persian influence in the Palestinian Authority, Hamas, and Hezbollah and progress will be made.

Until then?? Not much will change.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So Israel should have waited two years then when Egypt hit first, respond then?? Gee, I'm glad you don't run a country in the ME. It would be the first one to go down.

Glad you totally ignored what we were talking about which was Israel starting the six day war. Also in those two years Israel could have built their forces up more. I never said anything about just sitting idle now did I?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Once again, get rid of the Persian influence in the Palestinian Authority, Hamas, and Hezbollah and progress will be made.

Getting rid of the Zionist influence in the Israeli government would help as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

never mind
edit on 2015-10-28T20:38:30-05:00201510bpm3110pm3031 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

To correct your BS about Israel starting the six day war, the following is from the Encyclopedia Brittanica:

Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser had previously come under sharp criticism for his failure to aid Syria and Jordan against Israel; he had also been accused of hiding behind the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) stationed at Egypt’s border with Israel in the Sinai. Now, however, he moved to unambiguously demonstrate support for Syria: on May 14, 1967, Nasser mobilized Egyptian forces in the Sinai; on May 18 he formally requested the removal of the UNEF stationed there; and on May 22 he closed the Gulf of Aqaba to Israeli shipping, thus instituting an effective blockade of the port city of Elat in southern Israel. On May 30, King Ḥussein of Jordan arrived in Cairo to sign a mutual defense pact with Egypt, placing Jordanian forces under Egyptian command; shortly thereafter, Iraq too joined the alliance.

In response to the apparent mobilization of its Arab neighbours, early on the morning of June 5, Israel staged a sudden preemptive air assault that destroyed more than 90 percent Egypt’s air force on the tarmac. A similar air assault incapacitated the Syrian air force. Without cover from the air, the Egyptian army was left vulnerable to attack. Within three days the Israelis had achieved an overwhelming victory on the ground, capturing the Gaza Strip and all of the Sinai Peninsula up to the east bank of the Suez Canal.

I would say the move By Israel was completely justified and provoked. Get in the first punch is a wise tactic.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Your question was:

originally posted by: combatmaster
Ok... assuming for a second that Israel do all of the above... what would prevent another similar situation to the 6 day war?

my answer:
What would prevent another similar situation to the 6 day war is «Independence, freedom, justicy and respect for Palestinian sovereignty, cultural and religious rights.»
edit on 29/10/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Now it's my turn to ask you a question:

How can we prevent Israel to continue illegally occupying Palestine, stealing land, opress, arrest, torture and killing Palestinians?»

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

What would prevent another similar situation to the 6 day war is «Independence, freedom, justicy and respect for Palestinian sovereignty, cultural and religious rights.»

With all due respect voyager.... those things you listed have no relevance to stop Jordan Syria and Egypt if they decide to attack Israel. Therefore, you still have not answered my question. Please try again.

to answer ur question "How can we prevent Israel to continue illegally occupying Palestine, stealing land, opress, arrest, torture and killing Palestinians?»"
Palestinians should elect a government that is not viewed by the world as a terrorist org... this is first step! secondly, recognize the state of israel has a right to exist. these 2 things should get you the palestine you always wanted!

im still waiting for an answer to my question.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Theres one group of people who were simply living in their own country. They never went looking for a fight or a conflict. Theres another group of people who felt (and feel) that they are entitled to this particular country and have made it clear that they will stop at nothing to acquire it. But this relatively simple issue (with regards to determining whos in the wrong) has been blurred, primarily because one of these two groups is incredibly influential and has, among other things, been able to mount an incredible media blitz portraying themselves as the victims...

Two old adages come to mind. "What you sow; so shall you reap". "Chickens always come home to roost".

It is not surprising that a massive influx of a group of people that feel they have been wronged, once given the opportunity to gather and prosper in a new land, will try to rebuild and reestablish themselves as the controlling group. Watch children on the playground. See how we instinctively divide and conquer.

Religious people speak of "The End Days", and they speak of prince and principalities. The real beast of destruction is the beast that lives within us, and our constant battle with those primordial demons we are born with; our true original sin.

We are all born with the power of good and evil. The power of goodness is fragile and must be nurtured and fed. The power of evil, the dark beast within us will survive at all cost. The dark beast will destroy all within its path and use that which will allow it to grow. It grows its power through consumption and destruction. It is a cannibal, an ouroboros, that will consume itself if there is no other way to survive.

The power of goodness, the being of love and light, must be continuously fed and it is able to grow through sharing joining with other beings of light. Light can be easily consumed and destroyed if overpowered by the darkness in mass. It can overcome darkness only by absorbing the darkness into its brilliant light, but can only do so in small portions and with time. We often hear the tale of how light always wins over darkness, but we know that this is a fairy tale we want to believe.

Darkness thrives on consumption, a constant taking in. Light thrives on sharing, a constant outpouring. Our only saving grace is that light is sustainable. Darkness will eventually consume itself until all that is left, is the embers that gave it first life; and so the story goes on.

We have little trouble identifying and understanding the evil we see in others. It is that beast that we feed within ourselves that remains invisible to us, which makes it the deadly beast we only glimpse in the dark hours of the night and sometimes vision in our dreams.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

With all due respect voyager.... those things you listed have no relevance to stop Jordan Syria and Egypt if they decide to attack Israel. Therefore, you still have not answered my question. Please try again.

About relevance, that’s your opinion. I did answer your question. Your first question was about preventing a war similar to 1967, and that haves multiple factors and events on it’s core.

Now you’re pushing your question for preventing specific countries from attacking Israel. Like you said before «Nothing prevents it like it doesn’t prevent Israel from attacking anyone like it did 1967 and it still does it, today, to the Palestinian people.

Palestinians should elect a government that is not viewed by the world as a terrorist org... this is first step!

They want to make general elections in due time. Has stated by the formal representative of Palestinian people, Mahmoud Abbas, at the UN General Assembly, 70th session.:

we seek to form a national unity government that functions according to the program of the Palestine Liberation Organization, and we seek to hold presidential and legislative elections

So, there you go. There is no terrorist organization representing Palestinian people. Actually, Mr Abbas, President of the State of Palestine was yesterday in a Special Meeting with Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein - UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, where was stated that Israel must stop the occupation and comply with UN resolutions: vídeo

Step one – checked, the actual government of the State of Palestine, in fact, is not a terrorist org.

secondly, recognize the state of israel has a right to exist.

In is last speech at the UN 70 th General Assembly, the Palestinian representative said:

This is Palestine that is still looking for peace, and its people want to live in their homeland in safety, security, harmony, stability and good neighborliness with all peoples and countries of the region.
[..]
From this rostrum at the United Nations and in this period of religious holidays, I also extend a sincere call to the people of Israel for peace based on justice, security and stability for all.
[..]
The policies and practices of the Israeli Government and the positions of its Prime Minister and cabinet members lead to a clear conclusion: it is working extremely hard to destroy the two-State solution that we are seeking on the basis of the resolutions of international legitimacy.

Step two – checked

these 2 things should get you the palestine you always wanted!

You are being delusional.
Amazingly, the robbers and oppressors, are the one’s who still makes demands and call’s the shot’s. One day, that will change, I hope.

If it depend's of me, Palestine sovereign state will be a reality.
edit on 29/10/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The other block you ignore is the "non-negotiable" right of return to Israel of any Palestinian.

If that was agreed to there wouldn't be an 'Israel', would there. They'd be the minority.

Tell me again how it's Israel that blocks diplomatic negotiation?

BULL.

Even when there is a legitimate negotiation occurring, some faction immediately pulls some act in Israel just to derail it.

Until then?? Not much will change.

You've got a point but again, you totally miss the other side. What about equal rights for Palestinians. What about settlements in Palestinian territories? What about Israel blocking all UN and world stage diplomacy? What about Israel asking for talks and negotiating? If Israel asked John Kerry to kick start negotiations and put pressure on the Palestinians to talk and make comprimises it would be done. They don't ask...ever wonder why? Israel doesn't want peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I feel it's you that's one-sided on this.

However, I will cede the Israeli position may be hardening. I believe rightly.

Humor me on this as while you won't agree with the premise, there's an evolution occurring here, politically.

First this:

www.i24news.tv...

An interesting policy statement.

Apparently, a few hours ago he's back-pedaled on this statement. Understandably.

New alliances are forming. Jordan, they've been mellow for a while now, so that's no surprise. Egypt is basically covering Israel's backdoor in a virtual ally pose. Saudi Arabia, there's been agreements on security issues between the two for a while now.

This newest item is a political statement, which is taken the relationship to a new level. Both seeing Iran as deadly enemies.

My view sees Israel almost done with traditional negotiations. They've gotten nowhere for decades. They are now in a position of strength. At least from regional threats. Syria being the only real avowed enemy that's close and their ability to prosecute a war with Israel is non-existent.

Israel may very well take stronger actions in light of the increased attacks. Stronger than previously....

But please spare me the genocide crap. If they wanted to, they have had the ability to commit that genocide any time.

First, they've suffered that type of activity and I believe it's an evil act in their eyes. (Please spare me the usual rebuttal that the only reason Israel hasn't done so is due to international pressure. That is self-evident crap. That public pressure has not moved Israel one iota on the Palestine issue...as most of the pro-Palestinian poster say yourselves, violation of international law...blah, blah, blah.

If those laws and pressure hasn't moved them then those same laws and pressure wouldn't restricted them either. Rather simple.

An accord will not be reached until Hama, Hezbollah and Iran are out of the equation.

If you really want change? Take them on...Israel isn't budging....surely you can see that.....SURELY...LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Humor me on this as while you won't agree with the premise, there's an evolution occurring here, politically.

First this:

www.i24news.tv...

Apparently, a few hours ago he's back-pedaled on this statement. Understandably.

New alliances are forming. Jordan, they've been mellow for a while now, so that's no surprise. Egypt is basically covering Israel's backdoor in a virtual ally pose. Saudi Arabia, there's been agreements on security issues between the two for a while now.

This newest item is a political statement, which is taken the relationship to a new level. Both seeing Iran as deadly enemies.

My view sees Israel almost done with traditional negotiations. They've gotten nowhere for decades. They are now in a position of strength. At least from regional threats. Syria being the only real avowed enemy that's close and their ability to prosecute a war with Israel is non-existent.

Israel may very well take stronger actions in light of the increased attacks. Stronger than previously....

But please spare me the genocide crap. If they wanted to, they have had the ability to commit that genocide any time.

First, they've suffered that type of activity and I believe it's an evil act in their eyes. (Please spare me the usual rebuttal that the only reason Israel hasn't done so is due to international pressure. That is self-evident crap. That public pressure has not moved Israel one iota on the Palestine issue...as most of the pro-Palestinian poster say yourselves, violation of international law...blah, blah, blah.

If those laws and pressure hasn't moved them then those same laws and pressure wouldn't restricted them either. Rather simple.

An accord will not be reached until Hama, Hezbollah and Iran are out of the equation.

If you really want change? Take them on...Israel isn't budging....surely you can see that.....SURELY...LOL

Public pressure is stopping Israel from just "invading" and taking over the Palestinian territories. So they do it slowly, mile by mile as in this last little war and settlement and military installations by settlement and military installation.

The only hope of peace is for more people to side with the Palestinians. Boycott, Divest and Sanction type movements. More countries are taking that stance and it especially resonates with millennials who can see through the politics.

When I say side with the Palestinians, I don't mean against Israel, I mean for statehood. Egypt and Jordan, the two biggest players in that region, don't want war, they can't handle the refugee crisis that would be unleashed. They'll help with security as will the US and most other countries in the world.

The issue is that Israel simply will not negotiate or talk. That's it. That's the only thing stopping peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
«Two Blue Lines provides an unswerving examination of the human and political rights situation of Palestinian people living under Israeli rule.

The documentary, shot over a period of twenty five years in Israeli occupied Palestinian territory, presents Israeli narratives of the Palestinian experience from the 1930's to the present.

Two Blue Lines - Video

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

First this:

www.i24news.tv...

Public pressure is stopping Israel from just "invading" and taking over the Palestinian territories. So they do it slowly, mile by mile as in this last little war and settlement and military installations by settlement and military installation.

The only hope of peace is for more people to side with the Palestinians. Boycott, Divest and Sanction type movements. More countries are taking that stance and it especially resonates with millennials who can see through the politics.

When I say side with the Palestinians, I don't mean against Israel, I mean for statehood. Egypt and Jordan, the two biggest players in that region, don't want war, they can't handle the refugee crisis that would be unleashed. They'll help with security as will the US and most other countries in the world.

The issue is that Israel simply will not negotiate or talk. That's it. That's the only thing stopping peace.

If you believe public pressure is stopping Israel, there's no help for it.

The sad part of this is there's never been a better opportunity for, at least, the return of the West Bank. With accords reached with Egypt and Jordan, the only close potential State enemy is Syria and they are hardly in a position to attack anyone. In other words, the current situation has never, NEVER been safer for Israel.

I suspect you didn't even read the Link I shared. When even a major Muslim country, Saudi Arabia, publically states support for Israel in a Palestinian-Israeli conflict due to Iranian influences in Palestine, then my point is beyond debatable.

Iran is an active player in the Palestinian issue and has goals that do not match Palestine's.

Palestine's current position has never been weaker-world attention now being on Syria- and at the same time never has an easier solution been at hand.

Get Hamas and Hezbollah out of Palestine. Do that and an accord would be reached.

Your hope for 'public pressure' swaying Israel, is the path for continued no change. I even begin to suspect your loyalties aren't , in fact, with Palestine at all. Rather anti-Israeli or pro Iranian....same difference.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Some brave Israeli boys speaking against the occupation and the humiliation of Palestinians:

edit on 30/10/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join