It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi prince arrested on private plane with 2 tons of drugs - reports Lebanese sec

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wouldn't be the first time someone used their diplomatic credentials to transport goods surreptitiously.

Wouldn't be the first time a "rogue employee" from a Drug company "back-doored" some stock for one of their contacts.

Heard a story about a minor middle eastern royal who attended college in the US that used to use his private jet and diplomatic status to fly to Columbia in the 80's and pick up keys of coke for the local party scene.

edit on 27-10-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

You're right, none of it is surprising...or new. I was actually thinking about how a few major corps helped out the Nazis during the war. It seems a similar thing that a pharmacorp is helping out IS by giving them tons of uppers. Ironic too, as the Nazis used the same sh!t and came unstuck with paranoia and other consequences of using speed every day.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
the daughters have the surname "bint Abdul Aziz Al Saud".

Hence the term 'bint'

From Arabic بِنْت ‎(bint, “girl, daughter”), used to denote a patronym.

The term entered the British lexicon during the occupation of Egypt at the end of the nineteenth century, where it was adopted by British soldiers to mean "girlfriend" or "bit on the side". It is used as a derogatory slang word in the United Kingdom, meaning 'woman' or 'girl'.

Thanks for the lead. Etymology is a useful and interesting tool.

My thoughts are that the drugs were destined to some sort of (para)military unit, as other members have suggested.

Interesting. I didn't know that's where the word came from. I never liked the term because it sounded too much like the other b-word used for women.

And yeah, I think the pills were either for their militant proxies or even for the Saudi underground drug trade. I've always tried to tell people that's it's not the poor people smuggling the majority of contraband; it's the powerful. There are numerous articles online of large ships & even supermarkets shipping illegal drugs. Here's a story about millions of dollars worth of some being shipped through Aldis stores in Germany.

More than £11m worth of the drug turned up in boxes of bananas delivered to 13 stores in Berlin.

According to the police it was a "logistical mistake" after arriving at the port of Hamburg, but this isn't even the first time.

It seems exactly the same error was made back in January when £5m of coc aine turned up in the same place.

Cocaine accidentally delivered to Aldi supermarkets - again
edit on 27-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (facepalm) ugh.. my grammar sucks sometimes. i blame ancient aliens

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Among other things he should be executed for having a name like: "Abd al-Muhsen bin Walid bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud" and not having it changed legally to something like bill or Joe (something short) as soon as he reached majority age.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Off with his head!?

But seriously, this sh!t's gotta go. Bye bye monarchies and bye bye drug wars. Enough is enough.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Drugs would be the only thing that would get me through living in Saudi.

he tried to pull a fast, got caught now waiting to see what happens to him.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Perhaps closer to proof that al Qaeda was nothing more than a drug cartel in the Middle East. Nevertheless this is great news that flies in the face of Islamic beliefs and traditions.

The rich do what they want while the average citizen suffers.

Also, how did we miss this little news nugget? Saudi prince arrested in LA over sex crime suspicions...

edit on 27-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I wonder... if he was caught in Saudi Arabia would he receive the same justice as everyone else?

Haha Hehehe...that's a good one.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I wonder if the drugs were for the ISIS fighters ? I have never heard of the drug and wonder what it's affects are .

Maybe these drugs accelerate radicalism?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: muSSang

The drugs he was attempting to smuggle in were pills of captagon, an amphetamine allegedly widely used among fighters in the Middle East.

Do they still make that stuff? ....very prevalent in the 1960's along with Preludin, and collectively known as 'Speed'

So this guy has two tons of it..
He'd be spending 24 hours of the day talking double!
I hope they inspected the containers thoroughly, there could be contraband hidden deep inside the packets of pills.
I reckon he'll get 74 eyelashes over this..plus a zipper on his gub!

BTW, I forgot to mention that this is also IS's favourite grub???

It's a very popular drug in Syria at the moment.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I wonder if the drugs were for the ISIS fighters ? I have never heard of the drug and wonder what it's affects are .

I've watched some documentaries about how that drug influences the fighters/terrorists in Syria and it ain't pretty.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I hope they cut off his body parts.

2020 fast approaches... DIAF Saudia Arabia

edit on 27-10-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
But The Koran says take 5 at each prayer time, and kill the infidels.

Or something like that. Don't you just love religion, politics, and chaos.
edit on 27-10-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I can already see it now...

"It's all personal"

hahahaha

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Money is money. It doesn't matter what the rules and beliefs of the land are - the mega-rich will always do what they want because they can afford to get away it. They're pigs, and pigs like to roll around in sh-t.
edit on 27-10-2015 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If this is true, burn the drugs. Some Saudi's treasure money above all, and those drugs must be worth a lot of money.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

It's a very popular drug in Syria at the moment.

www.theguardian.com...

It seems also a big thing in Thailand and elsewhere other than the ME.. My guess is that Captagon is likely being made without licence as well, same probably goes for the stronger Preludin as the two were always hand in hand. They were both made originally by two separate German companies. The Germans used to treat Captagon like Smarties, or peanuts. The Beatles were big users of the stuff, German beat clubs were awash with those drugs anyway, and people rabbiting away until five in the morning. Crazy!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've read about an american DJ hired to do a rave or club appearance there in S. Arabia and at their airport they claimed to find a single pot seed stuck to his luggage and gave him 10 years.

Another prince in uk (Link killed his servant slave in a uk hotel after a night of gay club scene but after charged was able to do his time in Saudi Arabia. Most likely house arrest. Because slaves are legal their and beating them or letting your pet lion eat them is widely ignored.

Another recent story of a prince in California who got rape charges dropped since cops felt his status was to high. Rape

A true prince or king lives and is among his people not above receiving unfair biased treatment.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Drugs are move valuable than oil.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What interests me is what led to the bust.

This is likely not unusual...and someone has to have an agenda when a Saudi Prince gets arrested with literally tons of illegal drugs on a private plane.

Someone pulled his plug and in a very public way. Maybe a message to the Saudi Family? And 2 tons of an Amphetamine widely used by extremist fighters in the Middle East? Whats a Saudi Prince to do with that?

Lots to this story...I wonder how much of it we will never know?

edit on 27-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join