It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zuckerberg Speaks Fluent Chienese At Tsinghua University About Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Facebook VIDEO
Not sure on how to embed facebook video but the Zuk spoke today at Tsinghua Univesity in Bejing about Facebook's "world mission" in perfect Chinese. It's pretty incredible. His second language is better than most peoples first...

This was also my first real speech in any language sharing how I started thinking about Facebook's mission, what has kept me going through challenging times and what our mission means now looking ahead for our community of 1.5 billion people..

Last year I joined the board of Tsinghua's School of Economics and Management. This is a great center of innovation and many of the students here will become global leaders in technology, business and government. It's an honor to have the opportunity to help this university and talk with its students. I look forward to coming back again next year!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I live in an area with a high population of refugees and I also play video games in which I speak to a lot of people from around the world. For a large percentage, you would never know that English was not their first language. It is normal for people in most countries to speak more than one language.

The strange thing here, is that it is an American native speaking a second language. I think it is sad that because he is an American it seems shocking.
edit on 10/24/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Thill

I'm sure it was pretty good. But don't you think saying that he spoke it better than most people speak their first language may have been a bit of hyperbole?

I mean, he's a smart guy and stuff but c'mon.

Well it might be a stretch I agree, but to be fair I did meet some people, that did not have a decent grasp on their own language, so its a matter of perspective I would say
Never the less considering the vast difference between both languages it is pretty amazing unless he learned it for 10+ years

edit on 24/10/15 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

A T T E N T I O N

Thread topic is "Zuckerberg Speaks Fluent Chienese At Tsinghua University About Facebook", not making personal snipes at each other. I'm sorry to have to make swiss cheese of a topic that should garner a good discussion. Please post on topic and remember that
  • Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com.

Thank you.

• posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:10 PM
    link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
    link   
    I've been living in Taiwan for most of the last 3 years both working and studying Chinese. Zuckerberg's Chinese is quite good - better than mine - but, from my personal experience, I wouldn't call it fluent. He seems to pause a fair bit between words and phrases, and he is clearly working from a memorized speech or at least an outline. I'm not trying to take anything away from him - Mandarin is a very challenging language, and his language skills are very impressive - but no one, upon hearing him speak, is going to mistake him for a native speaker.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
    link   
    a reply to: PhloydPhan

Thank you. I was looking for a considered and educated opinion.

edit on 10/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:49 PM
    link   
    I always love coming into a thread with half the posts removed wtf?

If I was a self made billionare id make an attempt at kissing the asses of the "anyone's" that would help my empire grow. Learning Chinese should not only be a hobby for him but part of his near and future term business plan

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join