It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zuckerberg Speaks Fluent Chienese At Tsinghua University About Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Good for him. It's always impressive to watch people educate themselves and be able to communicate with people that do not speak the same language.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I reserve the word incredible for things that actually are.

What's so incredible about someone learning a second language? Millions of people world wide can speak more than one language.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Good for him. I thank him for Facebook. Because Facebook is a goldmine. Because of Facebook ViralNova Became a $100 Million Company Almost Overnight
edit on 24-10-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Isn't his wife Chinese? Their children will probably speak multiple languages fluently.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hate Zuk....I laughed for almost an hr straight when I read that he asked the Chinese Pres to give his unborn baby a chinese name....The Chinese presidents answer basically amounted to a big giant FU.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So how was my first post stating that he was speaking Mandarin, and was quiet good in my opinion Off Topic ?

Trigger happy mod much ? ...

Going back to the question if this is incredible or not, I would say not, but it is pretty impressive considering the fact that English and Chinese are vastly different languages, the whole idea behind the construction of both is vastly different and both are made for different mentalities.

So it all depends how long he learned in my opinion. If it was a year or 2 then that's damn impressive, if it was 10+ years then its pretty nice.
edit on 25/10/15 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Couldn't give a toss about Facebook - absolutely despise it.

However, he speaks Chinese brilliantly. Well done on him -- for a second language, he picked a really difficult one and I have a lot of respect for that.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Yeah it's really incredible when you have millions of dollars to hire the best tutors which allow you the advantage of learning the finest details of a foreign language. Impressive!

Not impressive at all. If he had no money and went to a public library where he studied and learned on his own then that would actually be incredible. This is just another rich guy with every possible advantage. Good thing Facebook is a slowly dying fad. He won't and hasn't had another idea since and has been riding this thing out for far too long. Facebook is one big government tracking system. No one should ever praise Zuckerberg. He's a mule for TPTB and now he's doing what all useless rich people do when they've run out of ideas. Makes money off the speech circuit. Classic case.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think it's fantastic! As an English-speaking person living among many Spanish speakers, I am always a little embarrassed that I haven't learned more Spanish. They can speak my language just fine.

Of the 63 languages analyzed, the five most difficult languages to reach proficiency in speaking and reading, requiring 88 weeks (2200 class hours), are Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean.
Source

It's funny and telling how Zukerberg speaking Mandarin is apparently so offensive to some people, that they have to criticize him for it.
edit on 10/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Money is a heck of incentive to learn a few lines of a new language.

Isn't 'Berg's squeeze Asian / Chinese / Chinese-American... or some such?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I always love coming into a thread with half the posts removed wtf?

If I was a self made billionare id make an attempt at kissing the asses of the "anyone's" that would help my empire grow. Learning Chinese should not only be a hobby for him but part of his near and future term business plan

And that is exactly what it looked and sounded like.

It was very insincere imo, almost forced.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thats a nobrainer... he just uploaded the language into to his brain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join