It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead after car hits crowd at Oklahoma State parade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Three people died when a car hit a crowd during a parade Saturday morning in Stillwater, Oklahoma, a police official in that city said.

Eight were flown by "air ambulance" after suffering critical injuries, seven suffered "serious injuries" and seven others had less serious injuries, Kyle Gibbs of that city's police department said at a press conference.

Gibbs added that the 25-year-old woman who drove a car into those people has been arrested for allegedly driving under the influence. That woman is in a jail in Stillwater.

3 dead after car hits crowd at Oklahoma State parade

If it turns out that this was another cowardly and selfish drink , high , distracted driver I hope she never sees the light of day again..

Im sure someone on ATS will soon show up with their BS arguments why their is no such thing as driving under the influence or that person was only .1 over the limit it's just another example of the law sticking it to the man. In the end those driving under the influence or those texting or this winner of a female driver I saw this morning smoking with 1 hand and talking on the phone with the other are nothing but selfish disasters waiting to happen.

RIP those who once again lost their lives to selfish fools.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I grew up in Stillwater. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

(portion redacted)

This was a full on parade crowd, maybe we can get some eyewitness testimony…

edit on 24-10-2015 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This sucks. Have to wonder how a car even got near the parade, usually there are logistics to keep this sort of thing from happening. I used to go to Stillwater when I was younger for the OU/UT games and I know people there, so I really hope they are okay, the families of those involved have my deepest regards and positive thoughts.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Im sure someone on ATS will soon show up with their BS arguments why their is no such thing as driving under the influence

I agree with what you are saying, drinking, texting, they are selfish aholes, but we do need all the facts before we hang her from the gallows.
From your OP

allegedly driving under the influence

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How awful!
Amazing how many lives can be ruined by one irresponsible person behind the wheel.
My sympathies to the families and prayers for the survivors.
My family are all Sooners so this hits close to my heart.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Everybody is doing it these daze. Driving while adjusting their collar devices I mean. I know this because when I walk I watch them drive, and it's epidemic.

I just checked her FB page. The Sound of Music, that's a nice movie.

It's nice that she stopped after the collision; lot's of folk do not stop after causing such mayhem.

All I can say is this could happen to anyone, because hundreds of feet fly by your windshield when fiddling with stuff on your lap. They are busy adjusting laws and technology and technofascist surveillance as we speak, and they know about each time a person is happily texting at 60 mph and then suddenly comes to a crashing halt.

They know.

Try to remember how nice everything was before you ran over someone, couldn't process it, choose cognitive dissonance instead, and scurried home to hide the damaged vehicle with bones clinging to the undercarriage, and do this before you start the car. Before you reach for the goddamn phone while driving.

If you run a bike over, yeah keep on truckin'.

Chances are another texter, or three, will run the victim over for ya, confusing forensics.

Think about this and perhaps be thankful that you have gotten away with it so many times.

A car is like a slow moving missile. You are the controller and the target is to hit nothing. Ever.

But when I look at the evolution of bumper design of the E type Jags, I see that things really began to fall apart around '72 or so. Probably earlier considering that making things takes time. Late sixties is when it took a dump. The high water mark of recorded history.

They'll have us riding in nerf cars, corpuscles that float down a grooved track, before they'll undo our collars.

# 527

edit on 24-10-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Regards to the victims.I don't think anyone is going to defend those under the influence while driving and or on their cellphones. I have dodge cell phone drivers nearly every day. It's a horrible epidemic.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

How sad. One day of drinking and being irresponsible ends up claiming the lives of 3 people. Really, anyone who drinks excessively can find themselves making one poor decision to drink and drive which will cause them to regret it for the rest of their life. This young lady not only has created a nightmare for herself, but also for the devastated families who lost their loved ones.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's 4 dead, a two year old died later on.
How sad and so very irresponsible of this driver who drinks and gets behind a wheel.

I thought streets got blocked off for parades though?

top topics

join