It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Files for lawsuit against CIA stolen in ‘suspicious’ break-in at UW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

University of Washington police are investigating a break-in at the offices of the director of the school’s Center for Human Rights after a computer and hard drive containing sensitive information about a recent lawsuit against the Central Intelligence Agency were stolen.

The center says that the office of Angelina Godoy was burglarized sometime between Thursday and Sunday. Godoy reported that the hard drive contained “about 90 percent of the information” relating to research in El Salvador that is the foundation of a freedom-of-information lawsuit the center filed Oct. 2 against the CIA.

The lawsuit alleges that the CIA has illegally withheld information about a U.S.-supported El Salvador army officer suspected of human-rights violations during that country’s civil war in the 1980s against leftist rebels.
www.seattletimes.com...

AN interesting watergate esque move by the CIA I thought they weren't allowed to operate within the borders of the United States or has all that changed,

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
AN interesting watergate esque move by the CIA I thought they weren't allowed to operate within the borders of the United States or has all that changed,

Pretty sure anyone on this website doesn't actually believe the CIA held to their agreement of no US operations...

Good find though S&F

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When you're above the law, you do what you want.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Interesting just posting for my memory. CIA, Police, and criminal organizations are stepping it up. Food for thought!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I remember all the BS about US meddling in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras…

Right wing death squads murdering people in the night. They looked like the ISIS people do today, black hooded, machine gun toting thugs.

I bet the CIA is embarrassed about it, they been manipulating and subverting governments this way for a lonnng time.

Skullduggery

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Food for thought -

might it be possible the items weren't stolen (or were stolen by the very group bringing the law suit) in order to garner attention to their cause?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Spider879

Food for thought -

might it be possible the items weren't stolen (or were stolen by the very group bringing the law suit) in order to garner attention to their cause?

True very true.

new topics

top topics

join