It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain to me why Jesus Christ is the son of God and not just a man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Throughout history anyone who has exposed the TPTB AKA money changers have been attacked and killed.

yep

I just recently had a vision of the eighties and I was a kid begging tptb to spare the trump for some reason

I do not support trump because he seems like a loose cannon still but somehow they agreed that he was no longer a problem for them. I think it was around the time he was talking of moving homeless into highrises

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Aah creationists memes......they only make sense to other creationists.

Right... Darwinism just makes SO much more sense than ID...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Last night I had an epitamy. All the history of the world was opened up to me. Jesus was a man , the three wise men followed a star to his town, Astrology. Then his mother said she was pregnant while being a virgin which you know.....isn't possible. Then they told their son Jesus what happened he went on a messiah complex all his life. I never really believed the whole super power thing cause why couldn't he just use his powers on the Romans. I heard there was a star or something in space the day he was crucified. Also again Astrology. And then the apostles saw this an believed. Wrote the NT.

Did you ever play the game " telephone" . You say one thing into an ear of another and it gets passed along. I wasn't there to see "his miracles" so always been skeptical.

The Middle Ages before they had any technology people fought and died over religion . 2000 years. All my life has been under the boot of the Masons in the government , the illuminati and the New World Order. I had a massive head injury when I was 13 almost died. Told I fell off a train. The medical records were changed which is illegal. I was really attacked and stabbed by a gang. My whole life I have been in servitude of the American government using me as the Beast and a sacrifice to see if he would come back.

Primitive Astrology? Yeah probably , that makes the most sense. The world pulled beneath your eyes. I can see the history of the world as it really is. People's ideologies. The time of the pyramids used to have Gods and the native Americans. It would seem our "belief" of a higher power has always been our downfall.

What makes the most logical sense?

Also I was saying the atheists were being ...instigators or not content with believing whatever they want to belief trying to push it on others. I used to be sort of an atheist or agnostic. I guess I am done with Catholocism. And sorry but I was in a mood today and didn't feel like kissing a$$ of the religious out of respect when I don't really believe what they do.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

you can not legitimately say that to be true anymore now that them satan followers started using magnets to change peoples minds about god

Can we maintain the proper context please? Silenthill666007 suggested atheists [in a particular thread] were attempting to force him to believe certain things. That's ludicrous. Opposing views does not equal force. Hyperbolic crap.

I also don't think Christians are forcing me to believe their faith when they share their thoughts.

Grow up people.

Your memes are absurd.

For one I am not making the claim I know with any certainty there exists no god [which your meme claims is the atheist position]. We can't know with certainty things said to exist outside of nature. Nature is what we observe. When we can't observe evidence for the existence of something then lacking belief is more than reasonable. I disbelieve in leprechauns for the same reason.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually Jesus is the Sun of God.

Jesus is a metaphor for the sun.
He is the light of the world
the bringer of light
the sun of the highest
the giver of life

the ancient people knew that no one could own the sun. So they called it Gods Sun, or the Sun of God. Jesus is just a metaphor, just like the gods and goddesses of paganism. All based off the visible spheres in the sky or other astrological formations.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Your memes are absurd.

On the contrary...

In reality, the word 'absurd' is one of the most accurate definitions of evolution I've ever seen.

Utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false...

Since you mentioned leprechauns, the odds of them being real is probably much higher than Darwinism.

edit on 23-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Why are you even bringing up evolution? I didn't...

The comment chain you entered was about proof or lack-thereof for god's existence.

One member said he/she has proof. Hence my meme.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

For the same reasons you brought up leprechauns and circular reasoning.

The evidence that supports your position is in fact not evidence at all.

The hypocrisy of accusing the ID crowd of what Darwinism is guilty of itself (circular reasoning) is extremely ironic.

Hence, in an indirect way, you brought it up yourself.

The credibility of scripture has been demonstrated.

Your imaginary 'evidence' has demonstrated just the opposite.

Which is why I refer to evolution as a tool of religious propaganda disguised as a viable scientific theory.

Atheism and evolution are joined at the hip.

One cannot discuss one without the other.

Both of them are religious propaganda.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The evidence that supports your position is in fact not evidence at all.

You're confused. It's the lack of evidence that lays cause for my position on god's existence.

The credibility of scripture has been demonstrated.

The credibility of scripture is quite easily demonstrably shown to be in error. Your failure to recognize it as such when we show how is your shortcoming and not ours. I'm sure I have done such in many threads you have been in.

Your imaginary 'evidence' has demonstrated just the opposite.

Which is what? You are talking about me, right? So what are you referencing?

Atheism and evolution are joined at the hip.

They are not. Atheism is a lack of belief in god(s). Not a belief in evolution.

Support for it is commonplace among atheists because there are plenty of intelligent atheists that value evidence. Support for anything scientific, however, is not a requirement of atheism.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Can we maintain the proper context please? Silenthill666007 suggested atheists [in a particular thread] were attempting to force him to believe certain things. That's ludicrous. Opposing views does not equal force. Hyperbolic crap.

It is true that atheist are forcing their non belief on the world. We see proof all around us when people that believe are forced to hide their beliefs.

Coming onto a religious forum and citing a lack of proof about a religion that is based on the unseen and tells you upfront that faith is required is kinda mental. What do people have to gain by telling Christians they have no proof when Christians know it is about faith and the unseen.

News flash technology has proven that everything cited in the bible is possible but is currently beyond our capabilities.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Aah creationists memes......they only make sense to other creationists.

Right... Darwinism just makes SO much more sense than ID...

You just proved my point.....that image is utter nonsense, and only a creationist would use it.

And ID? it's creationism in a cheap lab coat .

inb4 you post quotes from other creationists disagreeing with evolution and parroting the same old dishonest BS.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You just proved my point.....that image is utter nonsense, and only a creationist would use it.

And ID? it's creationism in a cheap lab coat.

inb4 you post quotes from other creationists disagreeing with evolution and parroting the same old dishonest BS.

You just proved my point as well...

IE: Evolution as a tool of religious propaganda disguised as a viable scientific theory.

I could care less what type of lab coat someone wears as long as they speak the truth.

This is a classic symptom of cult behavior as well.

The proponents of Darwinism can't help but react with cult-like fanaticism whenever someone challenges their dogma and presuppositions.

If that's not utter nonsense I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

You just proved my point as well...

IE: Evolution as a tool of religious propaganda disguised as a viable scientific theory.

Sheer projection on your part, it has to be religious, it has to be propaganda as that 's all you've been exposed to. I mean, how else could a person come to believe in creationism? the idea that magic is responsible for everything...

I could care less what type of lab coat someone wears as long as they speak the truth.

You could care less? so you do care somewhat?......its no surprise that it went over your head....

This is a classic symptom of cult behavior as well.

The proponents of Darwinism can't help but react with cult-like fanaticism whenever someone challenges their dogma and presuppositions.

Even more projection! the amount of times I've seen you post in evolution threads with a wall of quotes from other
creationists all making the same dishonest claims makes the quote above the height of irony...

If that's not utter nonsense I don't know what is.

Too easy.....tell us again about how you think an invisible alien creature created everything before sending itself as it's own son down to ancient Palestine?.....
edit on 25-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silenthill666007
All my life has been under the boot of the Masons in the government , the illuminati and the New World Order. I had a massive head injury when I was 13 almost died. Told I fell off a train. The medical records were changed which is illegal. I was really attacked and stabbed by a gang. My whole life I have been in servitude of the American government using me as the Beast and a sacrifice to see if he would come back.

Is that you, Letmeon? Telling the same bull**** stories that got you banned before?

Does Eminem still sing to you through the television?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Augustus Masonicus, i am writing a book . Got 115 pages of a manuscript I am sending to publishers. It will be done this year and January getting sent. The book Behold a Pale Horse written by William Cooper in 1991 I believe is about my story. Written to help show me mercy when the sh** hits the fan. Did you see any Eminem songs this year, " Best Friend" or " Phenomenal" or " Kings Never Die"? Or " Beast" off the Southpaw soundtrack? I wrote him a letter 200 pages , he got it December of last year. I am on Relapse, Recovery and the MMLP 2 . I don't know if you listen to them ?

I wrote in a post after writing this thread maybe I should talk to a pastor or someone who devoted their whole life to Christ rather than an Internet forum. I wasn't trying to " make fun" like most atheists I was seriously asking a question having a crisis of faith. Their is a Matthew Good song ( he is a Canadian artist) with a lyric, " when the last comes for the first". I know some of my government friends read this and was feeling like a kamikaze just to get back at them for what they did to me. I was going to include," I am Omega and Alpha, the last and the first". Just something the musicians never thought of when tearing me apart and making fun. I will have my revenge for what they did to me in Mr. Perfects name.

Now I am questioning things and still believe in God how I see it him/her. I am considering if my math in that sequence is correct. I said in a previous post my sister had a fever saw the light then we went to church and she said the light was Jesus on the cross. That was twenty years ago she was really young innocent she doesn't remember , she was delirious and talking in her sleep when she saw the light. I am thinking if maybe reading pages upon pages in the Internet forums and all the atheists trying to destroy faith and kill God and my neighbors saying I assaulted Jesus and we should kill him might have led to this thread.

I have been coming to this site since 2008 . My story was big and people used to start threads about it every day for over a year about the illuminati , the Freemasons and the New World Order. The subliminals in global music. I was someone who was used by the government and tried very hard to keep me oblivious, but it would seem fate isn't without a sense of irony. Seven years of tribulation was fulfilled by no one telling me what was going on. Soon when my book is published, you will see....the pyramid the eye .

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yes, written by men as a tool to control the uneducated masses. It is hard for me to understand people believe this story from back in the bronze age or

Have heard that from quite a few people that the NT was written to control the uneducated masses. But what about the educated masses? Are they just uneducated because they believe the bible or are they full time stupids? Are you saying that the entire bible was written to keep the masses under control and whose control? What about the people who followed Jesus without the bible?
'
Abraham didn't travel all about with a bible under his arm and Matthew, Mark, Luke or John didn't travel all about with a Torah. And actually I never knew that they controlled masses of stupid people. In fact Abraham killed a few guys now and then and none of the Apostles that I know about had pots of gold and big estates. You know like the Bush clan and Clinton clan and the Obama clan. And these guys never even opened a bible except to get their picture taken.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silenthill666007
I have been coming to this site since 2008 .

Yeah, and you keep getting banned for posting your absurd fabrications.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just wrote on something thanking people for putting up with me and maybe I am bipolar . Lol. Didn't see LucdLunacy the magician avatar today coming back with his pro atheism stuff. I guess this thread is done.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Silenthill666007

Jesus was/is the debt paid in full...
God's unholy arrogance caused him to ask Abraham For the life of Isaac...
Moreso... because God opened up Sarah's womb at a late age.
Abraham in his most taxing loyalty to God was literally going to put the child Isaac to the sword. An Angel stopped it.
That was the day God put himself in the debt of his time.
A son for a son... so to speak.

Jesus was (see the passion of Christ) a redeemer and Lord.
He Paid God's Debt and now we have the gift that keeps on giving.
Classic... Holy And Sacred.... worthy of our efforts.

IMO... ask not of God for he has paid.... but instead give thanks. To God and to Jesus.
Both are worthy. We are their pride and joy. We Must Serve. At times with faith... loyalty... and trust... but at times with the passion in our hearts and with the reason in our minds.

I looked for Catholicism... as to honor the tradition of my matriarch... but found Jesus instead. He took my sickness from me and he did it quickly. I didn't even see it coming. Blessed are the pure of heart. There was no voice or visual... just the awareness that set in 7 days later when I wondered about my sickness. He's real. He is the son of God.

Believe it!

But remember the arrogance of God. Remember he is a jealous God. And remember he awaits you. Humility is the first step in that adventure..... let your passion linger in your trust.
Also.... I am Pinocchio..... I Lie! But God.... He is real.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Silenthill666007

"Can someone explain to me why Jesus Christ is the son of God and not just a man?"

Certainly. Jesus (or Joshua or Yeshua)...or possibly several men who represented a religious trend in Palestine...is the central figure in the "Christian myth." He is the son of God because this is part of Christian doctrine and dogma. Incidentally, "Christ" is actually a translation of a word which means "anointed," and is not part of his name. You might want to meditate on the fact that Jesus never, himself, claimed god status. In fact, when asked if he were god, he replied (a rough translation) "No, only Our Father in heaven is God." And, he spoke of us all as "children of the Living God." Now, when you speak to a "fundie" Christian, he/she will insist that--SURE--we are God's children, but ONLY BY ADOPTION (which Jesus would consider "pure baloney!!").

Now, things get even worse, because the early Christians could not seem to decide if JC was God, the Messiah, the "King of the Jews," the "Word" ("Logos"), a prophet , "Suffering Servant" or "Son of Man." Please, PICK ONE!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join