It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain to me why Jesus Christ is the son of God and not just a man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
he aint the son of God, so no explanation is needed

Prove He isn't.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is an interesting Documentary on how Jesus the Man became God.

www.youtube.com...

There are several interesting Documentaries regarding the historical Jesus and the hijacked Jesus. I find the links between Jesus and Mithras to be very interesting. Dr, Eisenman who has worked on the Dead Sea Scrolls, has written a book about James the brother of Jesus. There are a lot of historical records about James, but very very little about Jesus.

www.youtube.com...

Paul was a false apostle He was responsible for writing most of the new testament. www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot

Prove He isn't.

Prove he is.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You aren't asking the right question. Jesus was the man, the individual construct we call the body. Christ is the english translation of the hebrew "Anointed One." Christ, just like the name Jesus is a title, a representation of reality using words to express it. As the language changes the words change with them but the meaning never changes. For instance, if you were to translate Christ into the Pali language it would be translated as "Buddha."

There was only one Jesus, the man. But the Christ is in all men, figure out what part of your being exists in heaven/space and by what means this Christ in you is connected with the All, i.e God.

The foolish will never understand this.
edit on 23-10-2015 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Prove He isn't.

Prove he is.

Evidence supports my position, whereas any perceived lack of evidence does not support yours.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Prove He isn't.

Prove he is.

Evidence supports my position, whereas any perceived lack of evidence does not support yours.

Good day.

Well, I guess that's it then. You sure told me. Have a great weekend!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Prove He isn't.

Prove he is.

Good day.

Well, I guess that's it then. You sure told me. Have a great weekend!

I sure will. Especially Sunday

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We're superstitious creatures, is it really surprising that one collection of superstitions caught fire back in a time when we knew no better?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silenthill666007
I know this is sort of blasfamous, but it's like the whole world loves him. My neighbor said he assaulted Jesus then we could just kill him? I used to be lost before finding faith about five years ago. I know bits and portions , but never understood the whole world or 2000 years of history. I was in a government program and I was chosen to have my personal life sacrificed to see if he would come back. I am the Beast who acquires an empire then black 7 in popular music cause I looked like a school shooter. I believe what I have long suspected today, that I am Omega. F you, F you for spitting on me , F you for locking me up, F you for stealing my money. This is great. What if Jesus story was embellished for the greater good. I got practically castrated and made fun of persecuted all of life for what? I know the secrets of the world that is pulled over everyone's eyes.

a lot of that requires a more detailed explanation.....
Your neighbour assaulted Jesus ? Government program? Personal life sacrificed? He's coming back? You're the beast?!? And the Omega?!? Almost Castrated?

I feel so sheltered some days......

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Silenthill666007

Look I am not going to get into the symantec's of it for you but here take this and think about it.

God is a Spirit?.
This is what he said.

Many people have encountered fully physical being's they have later found out were dead, others have seen people walking past and said good morning to them such as soldiers whom have been killed at more or less that same instant as if maybe there dying wish was so strong them projected themselves accross that distance sometimes several thousand miles away.

These Ghosts show that in some circumstance the ghost or spirit can perhaps warp reality, what quantum law's are entailed I have only the sketchiest possible answer for and that would require an explanation several thousand word's long so I shall not get into that.

So A ghost if powerful enough or if given enough environmental and other emotional factors may be able to become/manifest physically but of course this must require huge amount's of whatever passes for spiritual energy.

So God is a Spirit, A spirit can manifest as physical.

Can a spirit form half a being, can such a child come into being?.
Is our reality merely a projection of such a powerful spirit.

I say yes and the ascension in cloud's (turning back into spirit mist maybe) would definitely be indicative that after his work was done and after the 40 days of purification before he ascended (shedding the matter or this corporeal state) he returned back to the greater spirit whom manifested him and of which he was and is part, AKA GOD.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Paul was a false apostle... He was responsible for writing most of the new testament.

The same organization that was behind the crucifixion is still alive and well today.

They are the ones behind this anti-Paul movement...

Whistle blowers have been silenced since the beginning of history.

Paul used to be a part of the "elite" and he turned against them and exposed them for what they are.

Throughout history anyone who has exposed the TPTB AKA money changers have been attacked and killed.

That one single FACT points directly to who is behind the anti-Paul movement...

Remember, these same people said the same things about the Lord Jesus Christ when He was still alive on the earth as well.

They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

They have lied to us about everything else so far, don't be gullible.

"Please be aware of the anti-Paul movement, it was set up by the foe (today's Edomites) to fordo (destroy) the Israel Insight.

This movement twists what Paul says in order to make him look like a huckster but who are the hucksters in this world? The Jewish Encyclopedia and other jewish writings makes makes it clear that one of the greatest of the foes for Judaism is Paul. The jews spew hatred upon Paul.

“Needless to say, observant Jews objected to Paul, ... whom they saw as the worst kind of heretic. Indeed, because of Jewish complaints against him, Paul was arrested by the Roman authorities, held for a time under house arrest, and finally executed in or around 67 CE (the year of the start of the Great Revolt against Rome in Israel.)” ~ Rabbi Ken Spiro

• To be Anti-Paul is to tear the living heart out of the New Testament.

• To be Anti Paul opens up a Pandora’s Box among people as to what is inspired in the Bible and what is not. The Canon is a sacred Ark, man’s unsanctified hands are not to touch it. Will this foolishness never end? QUESTIONING GOD’S WORD DENOTES UNBELIEF!

• To be Anti-Paul lays that person open to the full force of Rationalism, Modernism, and “doubt” far worse than any NEO-ORTHODOXY ever dreamed of!

• To be Anti-Paul is an outright denial of the Providence of God in settling and arranging the Canon of Scripture as we know it. Of this Scripture the God of Israel is most jealous! The whole question is: MAN’S MOUTH versus GOD’S WORD!

The Anti-Paul Movement is Jewish

Your problem is not with Paul.

Your problem is with the Lord Jesus Christ himself...

He is the one that all of us must answer to one day, not Paul.

Anyone who assumes errors in Scripture contradicts Christ to His face. He said of the whole Scripture and every single word of it “And Scripture cannot be broken.” Those who wish to restrict the inspiration of the Holy Scripture contradict the Apostle of Christ who testifies “All Scripture is inspired of God.”

Scripture Cannot be Broken

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I had a long night last night, I missed my meds and my mania kept me up all night. I was persecuted by neighbors they were making fun of me and playing games. They both have a non challenging belief of Christianity from birth. They said I assaulted Jesus and then said we can just kill him. Willing to kill or die for there beliefs?

Yesterday I was arguing with atheists about being sort of d***s to everybody all the time. And forcing their beliefs on others. In the last few days I read a lot on this site and went through pages of religious threads. I went to Sunday school to 4th grade then got kicked out and don't remember anything. Then in high school wore black listened to Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails and other goth punk bands. They all hated religion and said it wasn't real. I remember Fear Factory had a song , there is no God is first lyrics , and Lacuna Coil , Heaven is a lie. I was putting away childish things and growing up the last five years and asking myself , why are we here.

I never read the Bible, I didn't want too, see people here quoting scripture since 2008 when I first started reading and I know that's not me. I didn't want to put God in a box and think some of those texts are ancient. But I was a spiritual person. Then I was reminded of videos I watched here months ago about Jesus. Talking about his birth and talking about when he was 12 or 13 somewhere and had great knowledge of religion. Then started his church. This got me to thinking, what if all his life told he was born from a virgin birth and special cause of the star over Bethleham. Then studied religion all his life. Possibly even getting a massive head injury from others who didn't believe he was divine. What if Revelation was a secret identity story? The horsemen of the Apocalpse , what if they were the things Jesus and his teachings would stop. And what if the antichrist just became Christ instead of getting killed by him because that didn't happen. What if the rapture , ascend into heaven we all did and it's Earth.

I talked to some religious and I said Jesus was just a man for thirty years he made mistakes before becoming son of God. They said no he wasn't that's not what scripture says he was a shining ball of light incapable of making mistakes. I don't believe that. I think he might have been thinking about God and he was the messiah all his life and saying your God used to be a crime back then that's why he got crucified, so he also was a criminal.

In my own life I found out in 1950 my grand father was contacted for the American government for some slavery exploitation thing around the Millenium that I was drafted into. They had a "Truman Show" of sorts, wire taps in my house and popular music followed me around. Then I got set up for a gun scare at my high school graduation in 2001 ( just when he was supposed to show up ) . Went into black 7 in music, the years of tribulation.

I don't mean to sound too harsh on the faithful , I just been always reserved in my beliefs or willingness to believe. Just yesterday I was fighting atheists asking if they could not be so destructive or just get in people's faces when there is no need. Maybe soul search awhile or try to read the Bible. I have a copy in my room , I used to study Revelation.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Evidence supports my position

Does your evidence look like this?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silenthill666007
I never read the Bible, I didn't want too...

Neither did I until God visited me one day and let me know that he wrote it...

It's not a religious book, in fact God hates religion.

Religion will only lead you away from the truth, which is EXACTLY what it was designed to do.

If one spends any time reading about supernatural encounters and NDE's, you start to see that a common experience with many of them is that Jesus refers to the Bible as "my word" or "my book":

"Didn’t you read my book?"

"If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"You don't believe my word the Bible..."

"an audible voice telling him to read a Bible..."

God spoke to me and said, "You have no need I appear to you. You now know all I ever did say and ever will say is what the Bible says. The Bible is My Holy Word. It is YOUR responsibility to read the Bible and find out what it says."

OUR NEED TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM

...he heard an audible voice telling him to read a Bible — an abomination to a Muslim.

Why Revival is Exploding Among Muslims

...that same Voice in a tone of gentle thunder echoed within my head: "Didn’t you read my book?" Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

He said, "You passed my test."I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith

He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian.

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

Even if one ignores all that evidence, Borel's law and the mathematical odds back it up as well...

"There are 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God. How do we know which one is from God? Only the Christian Holy Bible contains prophecy (foretelling of the future) that has NEVER missed. God tells us, if what the prophet says doesn't come true, he did not speak it."

www.ubm1.org...

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. " Accuracy Of Prophecy

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathemetically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Reincarnation Is A Lie

edit on 23-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Like I said last night, I think most of us make the mistake of trying to complicate things and figure God out...

Wisdom is only gained through experience.

Things aren't really as complicated as they seem.

The Bible tells us that if we DILIGENTLY seek God, that He will reveal Himself to us. So have at it! Just say "God if you are real, SHOW ME!" Say it out loud, and be patient and DILIGENT - Do it each day diligently and persistently until He shows up. It won't be God the Father, but it will be either Jesus or an angel who will appear to you or you will hear His voice - either in your spirit or audible. He will do it in His timing, not yours, so be persistent and diligent and patient!

A guy at my school was speaking and he said he talking at a convention and he went up to a girl and gave her $20, she started bursting crying.. And she said that when she woke up that she asked God "If your real someone will give me $20 today" So God can show himself in many ways. www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it. Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God. The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke...

Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would. You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...'' That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him. I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing.

He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways. Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yesterday I was arguing with atheists about being sort of d***s to everybody all the time. And forcing their beliefs on others.

I was in that thread. No one was forcing you to believe anything. You're in control of that. Also I wasn't and others were not, making things personal. We were expressing opposing views and asking questions. You on the other hand called all atheists "fat ugly nerdy social misfits". I think you have things backwards, friend.

asking myself , why are we here.

To experience life? Not going to lie I would love for there to be an afterlife and some grand reason to assuage existential crisis. Truth is we can find much meaning and purpose in this one life without the need for it. Sometimes that's hard work.

I don't mean to sound too harsh on the faithful , I just been always reserved in my beliefs or willingness to believe.

I think that's a good approach. Believe in things when there is good reason / evidence to, and not before.

If you're interested in pursuing religion and spirituality I would suggest not limiting yourself to Christianity or the Abrahamic Faiths in general.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Only one little problem with that scenario...

The entire theory of evolution is based on one vast circularity.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Aah creationists memes......they only make sense to other creationists.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

WRITTEN BY HUMANS - NOT "GOD"

I think that is just an opinion

do you say that god can not be human?

do you say that god can not direct humans in penmanship?

op I have believed that the term son of God and son of man denotes the source of dna

like natural copulating, cloning and dna manipulation

it is very important to remember that Christianity is based on more than one reality or place of dwelling realm whatever you want to call it all the mysterious can easily be explained by some among us with the ability to operate in more than one reality

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

No one was forcing you to believe anything.

you can not legitimately say that to be true anymore now that them satan followers started using magnets to change peoples minds about god

they even go so far as to present lab rats here on ats that are under control while caving on subjects

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join