It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Nice, I dont look much into who says what, personal agenda s and such. I just take the information I find and build an opinion of that slice of information.

It's definitely a good point, though we are lucky to have lived, those that have lived are not always so lucky.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat
a reply to: Anaana

Nice, I dont look much into who says what, personal agenda s and such. I just take the information I find and build an opinion of that slice of information.

It's definitely a good point, though we are lucky to have lived, those that have lived are not always so lucky.

I not long ago watched The Unbelievers, it's a good documentary, worth watching. Insightful.

Attacking beliefs is easy, they are not (entirely) tangible objects unless you believe in them. Pull that rug out from under people, and they will grasp for another rug. The devotees of Dawkins have adopted, through him, "atheism". That is no less intangible than the rest of them unless you believe in it. The absolute truth is that we just don't know, that question, without exception, gets answered after death according to every source I can decipher, hence why religion emerges, to show us how to die, to ease us in that passage into the unknown, our consciousness demands it and our subconscious responds by reconnecting to the/a source (I don't know the "what", "why" or "how", but can respect and understand from my own experiences with psychosis), but only when we are good and ready, having lost all fight.

I don't see any shame in simply admitting that we "don't know" and leaving it at that, allow people to make up their own minds and fill the spaces as they see fit, as long as it isn't harming anyone...and that really is the crux of the matter, because this "either or" bull# does harm people, even the seemingly benign and rational perspective that Dawkins promotes is based on closing his mind to numerous unanswered questions about the universe and it's genesis.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

In the end, (and even in the middle) mostly everyone is unlucky, because all will succumb to old age, disease and death, being separated from what is dear.

And even before the end, (in the middle) there is a continual - separation from what is dear (or fear of separation), that is a cause of suffering.

Suffering is not beautiful.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
I've always had the impression that the whole "life and death" setup as we know it along with the associated BS every living being has been through was actually UNNATURAL. Although given this stuff seems to have been going for billions of years, at least in this universe, we'd better get a complete "Deus Ex Machina" solution 'cos sometimes the only way to win a game is to cheat...

edit on 15201529amk2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I want to add small correction to the OP:

We are not going to die. We will (probably) lay down this fleshly body, say thanks to it, and continue to live together with God.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

But please just makes it quick and painless. I'm hoping for a massive heart attack! That's the best I can hope for as I won't make it to old age.
a reply to: lifecitizen

I think pain is probably the biggest fear of dying. Dying of a heart attack, no. Dying in your sleep, yes. I believe when people die in violent deaths, their soul leaves their body before feeling any pain.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hombre

..or not.

The only true certainty is this life, so it should be lived to the fullest.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I think directly under an atomic bomb would be quick.
Wouldn't want to go like that though knowing its an atomic bomb and everyone going at once.....there may be a queue.
edit on 23-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you Mister Dawkins, nothing like stateing the bloody obvious.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join