It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Trans-formation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A former U.S. marine, who served six combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, decided to change his life in late 2012.

So, he decided to become a she. And after 3 years, the transformation really is amazing.

"Since I came out I have tried to live a normal life - it's like anyone, there are good and bad times," Sona reveals. "There are certain things I miss, I lost a lot of friends but I've also made a lot of new friends. I was following the American dream - I don't even know who I'm looking at the before pictures, it was so depressing."

"Personally I'm much happier, I don't have any conflicts with who I am. I am definitely a tom boy and that's okay," Sona adds. "Before I couldn't stand myself and I couldn't interact with people."

Link

As medical science becomes more and more adept and efficient at transforming one gender into another, are we looking at a whole new etiquette in dating? Was he a she? Was she a he? before I met him/her? Should I ask? Should they tell?

edit on 10/20/2015 by Klassified because: correction

edit on 10/20/2015 by Klassified because: add video

edit on 10/20/2015 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think it already kind of is that way .. I've seen people joke "Ask for baby pictures before doing anything!" because there are quite beautiful trans-women (Interestingly, I don't personally ever see much from women being wary of potential trans-men)

It probably would be a good thing to be upfront with information of that nature in any case, as that's a part of who they are and dating is all about getting to know someone and becoming close with them.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Crazy laser eyes would've been amazing.

Almost as amazing as when a "transabled" person believes they are meant to be disabled.

edit on 20-10-2015 by Lysergic because: as a as a as

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sona is rad! Her story isn't unique and you will see a lot of transwomen with military history (it's a handy profession to bury the dysphoria in). She's super funny, too.

One thing people can't argue with when they look at transition photo timelines of transmen and transwomen is the gradual transition from a devastatingly depressed looking person at the beginning, then a few with half smiles, and the end are almost always pictures of the person smiling as if it were for the first time. It's so amazing to see.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
She has always been a She and i'm glad she is finally completing her transition to be her Authentic-Self

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i'll admit my own bias, but she looks better as a brunette

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Amazing - hope she's happy now!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Crocodile Dundee would be having a tough time making sure she is really a Sheila.
edit on 21-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
That's amazing to be honest.

Fair play to her.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

That's pretty impressive. Trans surgery has improved DRASTICALLY. I never thought that a man like that could ever look thin and pretty as a woman. It's actually hard to tell her male bone structure. With many trans surgeries, they look REALLY close to being a woman, but you can kind of still tell. She actually looks VERY feminine.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

One thing people can't argue with when they look at transition photo timelines of transmen and transwomen is the gradual transition from a devastatingly depressed looking person at the beginning, then a few with half smiles, and the end are almost always pictures of the person smiling as if it were for the first time. It's so amazing to see.

A really good point, I've noticed that too. Even with kids that are just being allowed to be the gender they feel they are and haven't gone through anything else yet - they go from solemn eyed children to all smiles

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's pretty impressive. Trans surgery has improved DRASTICALLY. I never thought that a man like that could ever look thin and pretty as a woman. It's actually hard to tell her male bone structure. With many trans surgeries, they look REALLY close to being a woman, but you can kind of still tell. She actually looks VERY feminine.

If they can do this now, to the point we can "kind of still tell". I can only imagine what will be possible 10-20 years from now.

Makes me suspicious of a few people I know. Lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

She's really cute. And looks so happy.

It's amazing how many advancements they've made in gender transition! Good for them!

If I were dating, I would want to know fairly soon, but I don't think it would make a difference to me. I would just want to know what the person's history is, just like any other aspect of their history. If they kept it from me in the beginning (before having sex), I would understand, though.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Firstly, I am fully hetero.

But this is a fine example of someone doing what makes them happy.

For way too long the haters hate out of ignorance. It is just nice seeing society turn an about face and just supporting persons that have the courage to do what makes them happy without fear.

Even if they dont end up looking like this gal here, which is quite impressive to say the least, they can now do so without much fear of being chastised, or at least know that most people are now much more accepting and supportive of choices like this.
edit on 21-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This medical field has fascinated me for a while now. Nature makes your birth gender permanent, and humans are working to reverse that proclamation. It's almost like playing god. It perks my curiosity a bit.

Imagine if we could get to the point where humans could change their gender like we change our clothes. Be a male to go to work, then after work turn to a female to go the bar for fun and dancing. Then when its getting late again, turn back into a male again at 2 am to avoid late night altercations.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's almost like playing god.

If god had done his job right, they wouldn't have been born in the wrong body in the first place! LOL!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have to say she is beautiful.

I hope she is happier now and her life has changed for the better.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

If they can do this now, to the point we can "kind of still tell". I can only imagine what will be possible 10-20 years from now.

Makes me suspicious of a few people I know. Lol.

That's the point that many people miss when they think of a transgender person (men or women). They think they know what all trans people look like and have a general sense of what to expect but they do not understand that a large portion of trans people just go about their day, totally passable, and unremarkable in any way.

This is why when somebody says "I've never seen a trans person", they are probably wrong. They have likely seen many but only notice the ones who are still transitioning or are content with not "passing". That's why the bathroom issue isn't as straight forward as many conservatives make it out to be. How safe do you think a woman like Sona would be if she were forced to use the men's room.

top topics

join