It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcending Mundanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Most live a conventional existence normalized unto the strictures and mores of society.

And essentially all these individuals find themselves dissatisfied with their current existence.

Look around and analyze honestly the people in your life. Ponder deep and scrutinize their genuine states. Then inevitably you'll find yourself surrounded with those who remain trapped in a quicksand morass of deep-entrenched habits--stuck within the whirlpool currents and overpowering undertows of conditioned behaviors that do nothing but lead unto even greater states of despondency.

You'll see people obsessed with leisure who lament their lack of accomplishment. You'll see individuals dissatisfied with their current jobs yet unwilling towards putting in the time and energy towards obtaining another position or additional education. And you'll see people who regret the interpersonal misfortunes in their lives like estranged children and divorced spouses and a dearth of friends--and yet those identical people keep repeating ad nauseam the dysfunctional behaviors like excessive anger and negativity that drive people away.

And whilst they lament their state of being and consistently wish for something more from life, still they never risk taking the necessary steps towards ameliorating their conditions or correcting their behaviors towards releasing themselves from those unfavorable situations they so vehemently despise.

Thus they continue stagnating, they continue wallowing, they continue suffering states of self-induced misery--and all because they refuse put in the effort it takes to transcend mundanity and move towards realms of true personal bliss.

So truthfully take a look around at all those living unhappy lives of their own choosing.

Then wield that knowledge as motivation towards never doing the same yourself.

Regardless your situation and no matter the condition in which you subside, always and irrevocably you have a choice to take deliberate steps and sometimes drastic actions towards improving your reality and moving every facet of your life towards the apex state you truly crave.

All it takes it drive, ambition, and relentless dedication unto your goals. And all it needs is a spark of motivation that comes from within then continues burning into a conflagration of impetus-laden actions that propel you towards your goals like an internal combustion engine running on every cylinder at full bore.

But no one can commence that process but you. No one can earn your salvation but yourself.

And now that you've examined others and seen how apathetically and indifferently they let themselves linger within long-despised states, turn that same lens of analysis upon yourself and search your existence for identical indicia of that same long-lingering malaise. Then inevitably you'll find yourself guilty of that same crime.

Yet whereas you can do precious little towards divesting others from that trap, everything you can do towards releasing yourself from that invisible cage of psychic tethers. For simply and immediately you can start taking steps towards changing what you can within your life towards remaking it in apex states.

Dissatisfied with your absence of accomplishments? Get out there and do something about it. Learn a skill, master a trade, study a language--but do something.

Hate your job? Start sending out your resume tonight or make plans to get the skills you need for the career you desire.

Do your significant others or friends keep leaving you? Recognize the only common denominator in those abandonments is you, then start micro-analyzing your personality and change whatever happens be pushing others away.

Too negative? Stop it. Too angry? Cut it out. But whatever the problem happens to be, fix it in yourself before you keep walking down that same unproductive path banging your head against the wall expecting different results whilst performing the same fruitless actions.

These are the simple steps anyone can take to transcend mundanity and start living the life of your dreams. Yet these very steps are the ones that most never attempt--because they take time, they take energy, and they take accepting your own personal failings as the source of your essential problems.

So knowing that, start climbing out from that trap. Start ripping yourself free from those tidal currents of swirling waves and vicious undertows.

Start working towards transcending mundanity, and start improving your life.

After all, situations within your reality can always get worse on their own.

But only through hard dedicated work can you start making them better.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We have all made a freewill choice into our unique stream but our choices really are limitless in a free society. One only has to reach out and take it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I find its more rewarding when I do things for my love of them, not because I do it better than someone else. I have seen people suck at a hobby and love it to death. I've seen people master something just because it's convenient. That shows me that you don't have to be the best to be great, just be happy with you.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
great thoughts.

“Love what you do and do what you love.“

we most only figure out how will we release the love inside us into outside. People will notice that in you will notice people noticing and this will give us further motivation so we will never give up on love.

(post by Blissful removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Transcending Mundanity

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You lost me at "crave." It is more lamentable that we are susceptible to unhappiness than that we are unhappy. We can only access the sublime conceptually, and to do this, reason and contemplation must become the end, not a handmaiden to chasing happiness.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

I can definitely relate. As I am at a point that I don't even know what I want to do. I am stuck at one dead end job to the next. And have no way to pay for college. Large amounts of debt scare me as I dont want to spend the rest of my life paying for what got me the education to achieve the job in the first place. Taking the steps are not always about being lazy to do so. Society forces us to put ourselves in an uncomfortable amount of debt inorder to even attempt these steps.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm second-guessing what I said earlier now haha. Maybe it is foolish for reason to be the end, because it depends on fallible (fundamentally illusory) perception and on physical being itself, so it should be a tool of exaltation, not reaching, like Prometheus, for more than human nature will allow. Maybe the satisfaction of craving is really all it's good for, neumenon being only indirectly accessible and all.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This would be a promising bit of progress, I suppose, for the part of me that seeks vindication for selflessness in light of the plurality of consciousness, if sound.

Edit: The criticism that is immediately apparent to me is the dependence on an arbitrary valuing of the actualization of self rather than taming it and observing, dead to the world. I remain 0ut0f0rder.
edit on 25/10/2015 by 0ut0f0rder because: Fickleness

top topics

join