It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So here is the new trailer with more footage and tidbits relating to possible plot and characters. My hopes are now sky high for this movie. How about you?

I am curious as to why Mark Hamill is nowhere to be found in both the new poster and this trailer. Would it give away spoilers?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Female lead character is a badass. Welcome to Disney's politically correct adaptation.

Ghost

Edit: oddly enough, I called this out just over two hours ago before this trailer was released; linky

edit on 19-10-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I can't wait!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Leia was a badass. Makes sense that her daughter would be as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The trailers for the last three movies were badass only way to know is to go see the movie.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Female lead character is a badass. Welcome to Disney's politically correct adaptation.

In the Star Wars universe. A female can be just as much a badass as a male. The force is no respector of gender.

ETA: I've noticed the trailers have kept a tight lid on Luke Skywalker's character. I've read some "leaks" on the storyline, but don't know if any of them are reliable.
edit on 10/19/2015 by Klassified because: redaction and eta

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: ghostrager

In the Star Wars universe. A female can be just as much a badass as a male. The force is no respector of gender.

....or organism.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Based on a previous trailer, I think it's Luke's daughter. In it he says the force is strong in his family. His sister has it. He has it. She has it.

If Leia was the mother, he would have said " your mother has it" instead of my sister.

However, Abrams has said her lineage will be a mystery for the first two movies.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Loved the new trailer!

Can't get on any site selling premier night tickets

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I've never been much of a fan of star wars past the originals. If diversity floats their money boat, I have no quarrel. They're just playing the numbers game and they'll still get my payed seat in the theater.

Ghost

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
IMO: True Star Wars fans don't care about the whole female/black lead BS. We just want a good story with some sweeeet action.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The return of the sith order of 2?
Did the emperor survive in another body? Did one of the jedi that luke trained turned to the dark side?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
IMO: True Star Wars fans don't care about the whole female/black lead BS. We just want a good story with some sweeeet action.

Agreed. Also less CGI cartoon characters and horrible "romantic" dialogue.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Abrams wrote a scene where Han is confronted by a bounty hunter and Han shoots first? I can only hope.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I agree that the ultimate reason to go see the flick is to enjoy the pure badassness, however I don't see any political correctness BS, there have been Badass females and nonWhites in the Star wars universe since the appearance of Lando Calrissian, plus the original stormtroopers were clones of one man Boba Fet, but this is set in the future after the defeat of the empire so no surprise that they are not clones of Boba.
May the Force Be With YOU

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Everyone is saying Luke isn't in the trailer, but, like, he is? Notice the dude with the robot hand touching r2d2? Remember vader cutting off Luke's hand at the end of empire?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I want to be excited about this, I really do.
But... I'm just not there. Yet. Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Kylo Ren.. that is all

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

yeh....Anakin's whingey teenage attitude and tantrums made me hope Obi Wan would yank his spinal column and legs from under him long before it actually happened.....but it did make that final battle all the more rewarding. Goodbye Hayden Christensen.....and good riddance.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Who is the new evil dude? The one carrying on Vader's mission.

Trailer didn't spark me much, but I am kinda a noob when it comes to star wars.
I have seen them all, saw 4,5,6 first, but my knowledge is limited to the movies.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The trailer made me wonder if Luke is the sith in some books he turned sith after return of the Jedi and the girl is his daughtera reply to: jtrenthacker

edit on 20-10-2015 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join