It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottStarWarsVII Trending On Twitter (Yes because there's black people in it)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"Oh noes! There's black folk in mah movies! Moooooom! I need moar hot pockets because I am SOOO not going to see that movie now!"

- fanboys everywhere, bellowing in impotent rage from their mothers' basements

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Kali74

If people only want to see movies with no blacks or jews attached to the film, then their list might be a tiny bit short and with German audio.
I'll go see it because I like the franchise and I'm a closet geek.

Great post! Although, its time to come out of the closet! Stand proud with your brothers and sisters in geekhood! Oh, and enjoy the movie, as i will, with no toothless meth lab explosion survivors (aka Aryan Nation dipshizzers.)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
About the only legit criticism could be if you possibly think all the stormtroopers should still be clones of Jango Fett who was demonstrably not black. But I think by now that should have passed. Those would be some geriatric clones.

How's that? Aboriginals have very dark skin.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So technically aren't every single Stormtrooper in the Empire dark skinned since Jango Fett was?

Only the original storm troopers were clones, later they recruited from imperial planets. Or something like that I heard once ...cough... Slinks off in geek shame.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Terrible. LOL They're probably all GamerGaters. Yes, Troll me, I still think all GamerGaters are either misguided (they're fooled into thinking that monikor is positive) or actual trolls.

I also wonder how the term "Social Justice Warrior" is derogatory? That's a positive thing right? I would want to be labeled as a Social Justice Warrior.

Back to Star Wars, Loved the first three, even Jedi. Liked the 4th movie...the pod race scene is epic as is the last fight with all three of them. Last two, not so much. I think this film will be spectacular though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1
I long for the day when we all, as a human race, grow past this bull-poop and quit seeing people as colors. Maybe we should put these little twerps into a "scared straight" kind of scenario where they would hopefully literally get the piss scared out of them and end their stupidity.

SMH...

RE: Star Wars - I'm so geeking out for this movie. I'm one of the few that think JJ did ok with Star Trek and I can't wait to see where he goes with Star Wars!

I hope so too. But never underestimate the power of "us vs them". I've concluded that some people literally can't live without that, as if their own self worth is derived from the division.

As for the movie. Hmmm, I dunno yet. I stopped watching them after Hayden's incredibly dull "Darth Vader" role. I just couldn't connect that character with the Vader from my childhood. Also, the end where he lost his limbs then got the severe burns was lame. I expected the burns to have come from a future clash so his wounds would be the results of a long career of battles. Oh well.

Maybe I'll use my nephew as an excuse to see it anyway?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

He was, but he was a different dark skinned than the guy they have playing this one.

It's like telling me that Zack de la Rocha look-alikes suddenly morphed into Lamar Odom look-alikes in terms of skin tone.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is it people not wanting blacks in the film or is it fans that feel that the roles were not made for blacks when the series was born. I do not think they are racist but that they want thing to be like the first ones.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is dumb but it points to a deeper issue within the entertainment industry which is shoe-horning in different races into roles that were previously white males for the sole reason of appealing to a wider audience and more importantly the cries of SJW's.

If there is a legit story driven purpose for changing someone like Johnny Storm (In F4's case) to a different race then there would be no argument to be had, but when the change is made strictly to fill a quota in a film of different sexes and ethnicities then people tend to get offended. The flip side is if a film has no ethnicities then there's another group who will be offended.

If only they would focus on the writing and acting of these movies maybe some of them would be worth a damn.

Either way I'll be there opening night for Star Wars cheering the Jedi on, no matter what they look like.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When I read the subject line of this thread, the first thing that came to mind was the short story Reunion by Arthur C. Clarke. Google Books Link

I'll add the story in its entirety because it is readily available on the Internet and I don't think I'll be breaking any rules by doing so.

With apologies to Arthur C. Clarke and his publishers.

Reunion

First published in Infinity #2, 1971
Collected in The Wind from the Sun

People of Earth, do not be afraid. We come in peace - and why not? For we are your cousins; we have been here before.

You will recognise us when we meet, a few hours from now. We are approaching the solar system almost as swiftly as this radio message. Already, your sun dominates the sky ahead of us. It is the sun our ancestors and yours shared ten million years ago. We are men, as you are; but you have forgotten your history, while we have remembered ours.

We colonised Earth, in the reign of the great reptiles, who were dying when we came and whom we could not save. Your world was a tropical planet then, and we felt that it would make a fair home for our people. We were wrong. Though we were masters of space, we knew so little about climate, about evolution, about genetics...

For millions of summers - there were no winters in those ancient days - the colony flourished. Isolated though it had to be, in a universe where the journey from one star to the next takes years, it kept in touch with its parent civilisation. Three or four times in every century, starships would call and bring news of the galaxy.

But two million years ago, Earth began to change. For ages it had been a tropical paradise; then the temperature fell, and the ice began to creep down from the poles. As the climate altered, so did the colonists. We realise now that it was a natural adaptation to the end of the long summer, but those who had made Earth their home for so many generations believed that they had been attacked by a strange and repulsive disease. A disease that did not kill, that did no physical harm - but merely disfigured.

Yet some were immune; the change spared them and their children. And so, within a few thousand years, the colony had split into two seperate groups - almost two seperate species - suspicious and jealous of each other.

The division brought envy, discord, and, ultimately, conflict. As the colony disintegrated and the climate steadily worsened, those who could do so withdrew from Earth. The rest sank into barbarism.

We could have kept in touch, but there is so much to do in a universe of a hundred trillion stars. Until a few years ago, we did not know that any of you had survived. Then we picked up your first radio signals, learned your simple languages, and discovered that you had made the long climb back from savagery. We come to greet you, our long-lost relatives - and to help you.

We have discovered much in the eons since we abandoned Earth. If you wish us to bring back the enternal summer that ruled before the Ice Ages, we can do so. Above all, we have a simple remedy for the offensive yet harmless genetic plague that afflicted so many of the colonists.

Perhaps it has run its course - but if not, we have good news for you. People of Earth, you can rejoin the society of the universe without shame, without embarrassment.

If any of you are still white, we can cure you.

Tell that's not a surprise ending!

-dex

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seriously?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Is it people not wanting blacks in the film or is it fans that feel that the roles were not made for blacks when the series was born. I do not think they are racist but that they want thing to be like the first ones.

The story takes place in a galaxy which sentient beings of all kinds can travel throughout, there's not going to be any black people?

Plus Lando.

link   
Maybe it was directed by Mel Brooks.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

About the only legit criticism could be if you possibly think all the stormtroopers should still be clones of Jango Fett who was demonstrably not black. But I think by now that should have passed. Those would be some geriatric clones.

Since I only ever saw the movie once, back when it was released, I am operating off of memory. I remember Jango as looking more Semitic/Mediterranean in skin tone - dark, but not as dark as the new stormtrooper. Since I hold with SkpeticScot that only the first troopers were actually clones and after the clone wars, the tech was destroyed so they had to start recruiting from all the Imperial planets ... it's a none issue to me. About the only thing that can't go in a trooper outfit is an alien since I seem to recall the Empire doesn't like aliens much. So they could put a black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Inuit in there for all it matters. So long as the person acts ...

I was only pointing out that the only possible way someone could legitimately raise any kind of complaint is if they thought all troopers still had to be clones.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Finn - John Boyega
Thanks to last year’s teaser, John Boyega’s Finn was actually the first of the new characters we got to "meet" from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but sadly the actor is still trying to keep his role in the movie as secretive as possible. As described by Boyega during the panel, the character begins the story finding himself in incredible danger. This fact winds up changing his life completely, and "launches him into the Star Wars universe in a unique way." That’s not much to go on, but it was finally confirmed that the character does indeed start the movie as a Stormtrooper (a reveal that earned him a comedic glare from J.J. Abrams on stage).

I dont see the BFD unless you just hate black people. Storyline points to him NOT being a storm trooper clone so why the butt hurt? anyone can put on a storm trooper uniform to blend in, dontcha remember A New Hope? Shorty Skywalker.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Of the same mentality anyway... by the way don't ever go to Alt-Right if you value your humanity.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Since I only ever saw the movie once, back when it was released, I am operating off of memory. I remember Jango as looking more Semitic/Mediterranean in skin tone - dark, but not as dark as the new stormtrooper. Since I hold with SkpeticScot that only the first troopers were actually clones and after the clone wars, the tech was destroyed so they had to start recruiting from all the Imperial planets ... it's a none issue to me. About the only thing that can't go in a trooper outfit is an alien since I seem to recall the Empire doesn't like aliens much. So they could put a black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Inuit in there for all it matters. So long as the person acts ...

I was only pointing out that the only possible way someone could legitimately raise any kind of complaint is if they thought all troopers still had to be clones.

He's not actually a storm trooper though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you've grown up with starwars your going to see this film multiple times I'd imagine. The hashtag is just dumb, but we are living in an idiocracy right now, social media just highlights and brings it to our attention.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Black guy the hero, saving beautiful white girl from evil white man, yep typical liberal SJW movie. Won't be seeing it.

In the original books, luke, leia had kids, they became Jedi. The events in those books focused on those characters. Funny that JJ forgot that storyline existed. He can't have any white lead roles after all... Had to make his own storyline

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It just became the top trend but I think now it's because of all the people laughing at those idiots. Some funny stuff in there now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join