It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "extra DIV"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Found this, maybe it might be of some use?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
Found this, maybe it might be of some use?

Regarding OperationMindCrime; I have no affiliation. If you are insinuating something ugly regarding the composure or comportment of those that graciously moderate this website you need to take this up with them (it may be of some future use/reference to others). DIV explained here as describing a "stupid person". Sweet.
edit on 19-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

No, I am just sharing that link because it seems to state that the "extra div" occurs when mods forget to close their mod tags.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Leave it to a smart ATS poster to air some dirty laundry.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So...I was under the impression this was a serious thread. Then I read the last few posts...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo
Read the link provided by ItVibrates.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What about it? Between xuenchen and UberL33t - the question was answered...not sure what the issue is.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shugo
What about it? Between xuenchen and UberL33t - the question was answered...not sure what the issue is.

"Extra DIV" supposedly means in code wordage "a stupid person" not yet proven; just presented from another forum/thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

...that's seriously what you got out of that thread?

Really?

You saw all of the information and the fact that ATS uses div's in it's HTML markup. That IE has certain cross compatibility issues...and you hone in a pick out a definition provided by urban dictionary...
edit on 19.10.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Not me; ItVibrates was the infoteller.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I think you're reading into something that isn't there buddy. I know this is a conspiracy site and all but...come on.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I think you're reading into something that isn't there buddy. I know this is a conspiracy site and all but...come on.

You clearly haven't looked at the link (top of this page) by ItVibrates [fairly sure you hate your name being typed out at this point/rabble-rouser]. Explain to Shugo your premise; why am I having to defend your flag/standard?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Except I clearly have in order to know that two users in that thread provided the explanation in that thread. Again, I'm not sure what you're driving at, unless you're baiting a user to engage a flame war with you...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Except I clearly have in order to know that two users in that thread provided the explanation in that thread. Again, I'm not sure what you're driving at, unless you're baiting a user to engage a flame war with you...

Driving at nothing at all; as does not exist within my nature to cause those things you think (or imagine you yourself doing) any harm. I am more of a 'good will' ambassador.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I rest my case then.

Thread's resolved as far as I can tell then.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I rest my case then.

Thread's resolved as far as I can tell then.

You haven't adequately defended a platform; how can you rest your case. First witness has flown the coup.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I was unaware I was defending a platform, I was under the impression that you were asking about why there was an "extra div" text line showing up in your browser - to which I answered for you......3 times, then another user linked you to a thread with the answer in it 2 times...then you kind of went off on your own thing talking about how the second user said you were stupid - even though he said nothing of the sort. He simply linked a thread where another user noticed a similar issue.

Your question was what that meant. I told you what it meant. It's a bad/broken/unopened/left open HTML tag. That response apparently wasn't good enough for you because on ATS, everything has to be a conspiracy apparently...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
That is an unfair and untrue blanket statement regarding posters here (you could be yourself paranoid); you neglected to speak of HTML 'content' only of the 'doors left wide open'. What you seem to be missing is the 'stupid person' moniker "extra DIV" is being applied on a thread concurrent to this one active now: "The right to bear arms is a volatile issue". Political Issues forum (icon is a teapot).

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Are you sure?

it's a bad notation container that wasn't closed and the extra div is used to make up for a bad compliance issue in IE.

And would output either "Extra Div" or "Extra Div -->" on the page in error.

The text showing up of "extra div" would be that notation error as it is due to the use of an unopened or left opened note tag in ATS's HTML code.

The DIV is empty, it's a broken note tag WITHIN THE HTML

And then the thread that was posted on...ummm...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 22:28

A year before this one...

Where this was said:

It looks like some type of HTML error.

4 times...plus the 2 English explanations before it, and the 2 in the thread linked...pretty sure I mentioned HTML and explained why it was showing up. There's no door open. It's just a bad HTML tag, it's a code error. That's all it is. It's not something more.
edit on 19.10.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Take a look at the thread. Skunkape23 has commented as well. Have you not read THIS thread either; start over page one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join