It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question for Sanders supporters.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Flatfish

Your opinion and mine differ. I think we will end up seeing the end of capitalism and freedom in the US and your ideals will win the day because too many already want to rely on government to take care of them.

Nah we're just tired of the corporations relying on the government to take care of them, while #ting on the average American. Bernie wants to take the stranglehold the corps have on the country and dismantle it. That's the only way the citizens will regain control of the country. What other candidate is fighting for the people?

It's why I don't vote. I can't ever find someone reasonable, rational, practical.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you find that no one in the population echoes you're sentiments of reasonable, rational, and practical perhaps it's not them that's wrong, but it's your own viewpoints that are out of touch?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

Your opinion and mine differ. I think we will end up seeing the end of capitalism and freedom in the US and your ideals will win the day because too many already want to rely on government to take care of them.

Nah we're just tired of the corporations relying on the government to take care of them, while #ting on the average American. Bernie wants to take the stranglehold the corps have on the country and dismantle it. That's the only way the citizens will regain control of the country. What other candidate is fighting for the people?

It's why I don't vote. I can't ever find someone reasonable, rational, practical.

Fair enough I've went with that outlook until I read up on Bernie.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

If you find that no one in the population echoes you're sentiments of reasonable, rational, and practical perhaps it's not them that's wrong, but it's your own viewpoints that are out of touch?

Maybe. But I'm not hitching my wagon to any ideology anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Kali74

They absolutely do write laws. Haven't you heard of ALEC?

ALEC are legislators? Amazing!

[hint: no they aren't.]

At best they are a lobbying group.

Obamacare, climate legislation/carbon taxes, gun control bills, GPS mileage fees for electric cars, popular vote, these are all measures written in the same way to pass legislation at the state and federal level.
they really are . . . all republicans are bought off. most dems too.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Bernie wants to take the stranglehold the corps have on the country and dismantle it. That's the only way the citizens will regain control of the country.

Bernie wants the government to have a stranglehold on the people, in the form of a gilded cage. You guys just don't recognize this truth behind all his campaign promises, or maybe you just don't care. Nothing that Bernie is promoting will lead to the People regaining control of the country.

What other candidate is fighting for the people?

Right now, that would be Carson. The difference between him and Sanders is that Carson wants the People to have more responsibility over their own lives and that is a scary prospect for people who want government to be their nanny.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't vote parties, I don't vote people, I basically don't vote. But if someone put a gun to my head, I'd place a vote for Carson.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Am voting for Sanders in my state's primary, because at least ideologically, he's the only candidate in my lifetime with which I agree 99.9999999% of the time.

However, in the general election (I doubt he will ever get nominated,) I will be very, very cautious of voting for him. (I generally don't vote for candidates - just ballot measures.) I too want to see more specifics, and if any of his positions change for political expediency purposes. If they do, I simply won't vote at all (as usual.)

We shall see. I have hope, but it's conditional.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join