It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Parents Protest The Enrollment Of Gay Couples Children In Church School

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Intelearthling
That should go for every child that is adopted by these degenerates of society!

And what exactly are you basing this adoption of ignorance upon? Please show me the statitstics that say the same sex parents are unfit?

Call it ignorant or whatever you may! They're unfit because I say they're unfit!

EDIT: BTW, Shouldn't every child be entitled to a mother and a father?

Sorry to get off subject, but people think the Christmas tsunami was terrible. The people of the world can't even fathom what terrible is!
The worst is still yet to come, so back off!

[edit on 3/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Call it ignorant or whatever you may! They're unfit because I say the're unfit!

What are you basing your judgement on?
Or does the fact that they're homosexual logically equate that they're unfit parents in your mind?
The reason I ask is it's not a connection all of us might make....

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
'the children' can't . . . .
(be held responsible)
(shouldn't be punished)
(shouldn't be treated different )
etc.

Hey folks- the parents are GAY! THIS = different.

The kids probably know this, right?

The kids are adopted- (gay people haven't figured out how to procreate in this dimension)

-so-

$$ talks, B.S. walks.

IF the parents that don't like it keep their kids in the school then THEY have sold out.

What is this thread about? GAY parents/adopted kids/church school

Got it?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

What are you basing your judgement on?
Or does the fact that they're homosexual logically equate that they're unfit parents in your mind?
The reason I ask is it's not a connection all of us might make....

I'm out of this debate! People, do what you want to do! I will not be the one you have to answer to when the time comes!

The only thing that I know is everything that has been prophesied is coming to pass and I'm sitting here shaking my head at the pure ignorance of almost the entire human race!

Woe be it unto the billions of lost souls!

EDIT: Gay parents may have the ability to adopt children, but children with good sense and moral values have the right to divorcesuch "parents!"

[edit on 3/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I can definitely understand a despise of the pope. The strategy to killing a multi-headed dragon though is not to cut the biggest head off; it's to be smarter than the dragon. That is why I stated there's no point in arguing about something you didn't think to stop from getting to that point in the first place. America has enough democracy left in it that the people "not the electees" propose the constitutional ammendments. It's simple; if America does not like the fact it functions more as a capitalist oligarchy with democratic words then function as a democracy. The definition of democracy includes, but does not give finality to the word of the common person by elected officials. Point being it is well within our means to propose an ammendment to the constitution allowing not just elected officials to author ammendments, but the public in a majority lack of confidence. You know, it's within my power as a citizen to suggest this to one of my area elected officers. I'm going to get in touch with them on it. Anyone else???

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by existence
, but the public in a majority lack of confidence. You know, it's within my power as a citizen to suggest this to one of my area elected officers. I'm going to get in touch with them on it. Anyone else???

With you-

I don't believe in constitutional amendments though- the American constitution's power is in GIVING rights. That is how I believe it should be.

Laws, however should be passed and upheld.

Elected officials and letters to newspapers have power. Even in countries without elected officials public statements, no matter how unpopular, have power.

As in the case subject this thread, I genuinely hope the offended parents take their children somewhere else.

Do these parents have no rights because it is not 'PC speak?'

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

[sarcasm] Well hell thats good enough for me [/sarcasm]

The worst is still yet to come, so back off!

*breaks out smores to roast over heated comments*
Dude don't bust a rhoid over this. If you mean that your world view is taking over then you may be right.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As usual kids suffer due to adult stupidity

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know I said that I was out of this debate but why can't "gay" people have a school of their own instead of disrupting heterosexual couples standards?

Homosexuals can't force people to like them! Never have and never will!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I know I said that I was out of this debate but why can't "gay" people have a school of their own instead of disrupting heterosexual couples standards?

The issue is not them. It's their children. Presumably children who don't identify as homosexual.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Nobody is asking you you to like them. Thats you choice. However, you are allowing your dislike of gays to affect thier children who are innocent and have done nothing to you.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The innocence of the children is NOT the issue here,
1rst amendment rights to gather into groups as you choose is...

The Church wisely said that they would have to expel divorcees, people using birth control and others that didnt meet strict church doctrine....it was the proper stance...
HOWEVER,
in reality, they cant be forced to accept anyone into the church or school they feel does not uphold the core values of the group. (unless their taking federal $$)

Intolorance goes both ways all of you church bashers out there, calling them names and such is NO different than them wanting to do the same to gays....For you to condem them for, in this case, attempting to lobby their group to stand for its core principals instead of selling out is misguided.

I agree that if the parents involved in trying to get the church to ban this family dont pull their kids out and find a more strict group to attend, then they are lazy, and not really committed to what they were asking.

But to say they are not within their rights to do so is wrong, and equally as ignorant as you say they are aginst others.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No religious organization should have to do something that goes against it's fundamental beliefs. Any church that has a private school does however take money from the government if they accept a tax rightoff for their function; and legally is therefore not a separation of church and state. I don't think the Catholic church in any of its forms should be forced by any body of people to accept something that goes against its beliefs. A gay or lesbian person, or persons affiliated with them in any way does not fall within that category as no religious document states they don't have the same rights as the next person. Any reference only refers "vaguely" to them being different, or physically part of an orgy. No one with understanding wants to force anyone else to be anything other than what they already are. Be it a church or a human being, they've both got rights. The point of change or ending is the point to prove. Nothing changes without a point to prove in the first place. I believe this point to be a tie of understanding, not one of rights. The right is already there on either side----so prove it....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is catholic school not public school. They can choose not to let someone in. If you were running a business and you could choose to hire someone would you hire a convicted felon? NO. That is the schools right.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Lets all remember what "church" has a history of homosexual misconduct. Protecting "gays" would make sense. Its all about "filth" and $$$. Parents get your kids away from both.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Lets all remember what "church" has a history of homosexual misconduct. Protecting "gays" would make sense. Its all about "filth" and $$$. Parents get your kids away from both.

That is just sad! You people call yourself Christians....a faith of love, tolerance and caring.....this is my main point...right here, about many Christians....you probably have many children of gays in school with your children and just don't know it. Many are in the closet and married, you probably have children of pedophiles in school with your kids....
Yep.....it's not good enough to hate Pagans, and gays.....now you guys can add children to the list....you should be ashamed of yourselves using your holy book to oust children...are you proud of yourselves? Teaching your children good loving, tolerant ways.....no, your teaching them hatred, and to bully others.....your sad guys...and very un Christian. What would your Jesus do? You Christians that think like this probably make the entity you call Satan, smile, after all it's meanness, intolerance, a cold heart you have..... and probably make your Jesus cry....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"Gay's" are not tolerated by either God nor in the bible. There is no data to support such dribble. The only place God personally turned into glass (so far) was Sodom and Gohmora. I have no "hate" in my heart for anyone. Truth does not equal HATE. Gay adoption is nothing but "recruitment"........period. Gay is a "choice" that should not be passed down to children.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Gay is a "choice"

BS!!! There is much more evidence that it is a chemical imbalance than there is that it is a choice....I hope all you loving Christians that condemn and play god get it in the end.....it's getting old fast. You don't know that is it a choice and still like to be holier than thou...get off it, your not a god and probably can't manage your own sins, much less anyone else's! Leave other people alone...WTH is wrong with some of you people!? Mind your own business and let your God worry about other peoples sin...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Gay is a "choice"

BS!!! There is much more evidence that it is a chemical imbalance than there is that it is a choice....I hope all you loving Christians that condemn and play god get it in the end.....it's getting old fast. You don't know that is it a choice and still like to be holier than thou...get off it, your not a god and probably can't manage your own sins, much less anyone else's! Leave other people alone...WTH is wrong with some of you people!? Mind your own business and let your God worry about other peoples sin...

Ok then gay is a chemical imbalance like being bi-polar for some. It is treatable. And no I don't manage my own sins very well. Are you saying "gay" is a sin?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Why regious people tried so hard to find justification on the bible and point to god as a being with human traits that include human feelings like hate.

Darn all this is all you Need to see the true face of religion, people is not about God or Jesus, is about proving a point.

Its about Gays showing that they will used their rights to push that they are not different from "straight" people when it comes to family values, and "straight" is showing that they still are going to used their "religious believe" that sit well with them as "usual" to fight back.

If is a god in heaven he most be laughing at the silliness of the race we call ourself in earth "humans"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join