It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Is The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Religion Is The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled

Yeah, I know, another dumb religious conspiracy thread. Roll your eyes I do not care. Be sure and quote your scripture that you are so fond of. Hypocrisy 101. Religion is just one of my favorite things to bash. I do it all the time. Why? Because, like so many other topics in the world, today, religion is stupid and I will just keep telling people this until the day I ascend.

If I could do anything to change the mind of one person it is all worth it. All religion does is give people an excuse for immoral behavior. Look what happen when someone gets caught doing something they shouldn't be doing, what do they always say after the fact? I found Jesus or I found God, I have been saved, I have been born again.

Really? Holy crap, it took you getting caught to cry about it and confess? I am so sorry God, please forgive me, I didn't mean to kill that family of four drunk driving, I didn't mean to rob those banks at gunpoint, I didn't mean to molest those children...Give me a break. The list is endless for all the crap people get caught doing and then say a few words in God's name and all is forgiven?

I will not single out one specific religion as being farcical. They all are. They all claim to be the only way to salvation. The Devil is not my choice for why religion is a “trick”, so why did I use that as a reference?

It seems that religious nuts only respond to the Devil or God (insert whatever) or the Son of God as a way to spout off about evil and good and behavior that requires repentance or hail Mary’s or confession or going to service for sermons and holy gospel scripture nonsense.

How is it that people that claim to be righteous can be so selfish? They will claim everything they do is in the name of some fictitious God and then turn around and lie, cheat and steal whenever it suits them.

The same people that claim Jesus is their savior obviously are full of it. These same people think money makes the world go round, if they believe the teachings of Jesus, then how is that possible? The Jesus I hear about all the time would not stand for this materialistic crap.

Jesus would not let homeless people and children starve to death, would he? Then how is it that all of these so called religions ignore the needs of others? Because they are full of it. They are selfish greedy pigs.

Look at the Roman Catholic Church and the Holy SEE. They are the largest congregation of religious fanatics on the planet and they could single handedly eliminate poverty, how come they don’t? They don’t have a problem spending money obviously now do they? They are not the only selfish greedy pigs on the planet.

How many of their so called priests have been accused of child molestation? Would Jesus approve? Yet they stand up in church every Sunday and preach to the masses how sinful they are and they must repent, hypocrisy at it’s finest.

Only the Devil would look you in the eye and tell you to your face, give your donations and confess your sins and you will be forgiven. God’s only son died for your sins, repent and throw yourself at my mercy and I shall allow Jesus to return to be your savior, AGAIN.

In the meantime, go ahead about your sinful ways and partake in all the fruits of your labor while ignoring the needs of other’s, it’s okay as long as you continue to donate and confess, all will be forgiven my child. Yep, the Devil sure did a number on you religious morons. You bought it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Scripture foretold long ago that religious people would be false:

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money...lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power." - 2 Timothy 3:1, 4.

In fact the "man of lawlessness" the "son of perdition" is the clergy class of Christendom.

That is why Jesus said:

(Matthew 7:21-23) 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Yes, many, many people who profess to be Christendom, and all of the clergy of Christendom are shown to be strangers to Jesus, and are heading to destruction.

Those who understand what it says are not surprised at it. But understand why those, who do not know it, are surprised, and reject God's word, because they don't know what it says, but rather, just know the hypocrisy in religion, which God has already condemned.

Soon now all false religion, starting with Christendom will have to answer for their lies that they parade around serving God using his name, when they are actually filled with all sorts of unclean demons and every filthy and disgusting thing imaginable.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Didn't read all; I honestly believe religion is a way of controlling masses of people to not kill the elite.

> Hope keeps people from rioting, from going primitive etc.
Explanation: You go to work everyday, you do your chores everyday, why? In the hope that it might get better someday, or in the hope that you will eventually get accepted or something like that.
alright, that sounds vague... Let's take an example instead;
Why would people work 14 hours a day, for 7 days a week? (Chinese workcamps like Apple.) They hope for it to get better, they hope they will give their families a better life. Hope is the greatest thing on earth. If you get deadly sick, you hope you can get past it, hope keeps you going.

In the 15th century, hope for the eternal life was what kept people from fraying the "elite"
- We need hope, in one way or another. Why even "bash" what keeps people from going bat# crazy? Let people have their own beliefs. I am from Europe, and I am a non-believer. I believe in science, but I do not go around telling people not to believe in God. I think it is primitive and odd to believe in something that cannot be proven, but if that is what they need they will have the right to do so.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
for me it's always been very simple:
you choose your faith the same way you choose your astrological sign- you don't
you pop up into the world and some day someone shows up and tells you "you were born in march so you are a Pisces, and you were born from a christian family, so you are a christian!"
there is no truth that has been uncovered nor secret that has been unveiled to you.
people say "i know it in my heart to be true" and what they mean is "I was born in a place that says this is right so i must be right because i cannot accept to be wrong"
when it comes to the big questions, the only answer ANYBODY really can give is "who knows"

Let's look at the internet. (bare with me here)
the internet is very new compared to out history, and even in it's short life, it revolutionized the world, changed pretty much everything, and for most people it's still a big mystery.
you probably have parents or grandparents that simply cannot understand how any of it works, it's beyond their comprehension, it's almost alien.
And that's something from our time, of right now. And people don't understand it.
But somehow a bunch of cow sacrificing nomads that lived 2000 years ago managed to understand the entire history of the universe and everything in between and to put it all down on paper.
Give me a break.
edit on 16/10/2015 by IShotMyLastMuse because: i don't proof read my posts in advance because i like to live dangerously

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
But somehow a bunch of cow sacrificing nomads that lived 2000 years ago managed to understand the entire history of the universe and everything in between and to put it all down on paper.
Give me a break.

I must correct you. They did NOT put it down on paper, it was first written in the 5th or 6th century or something. So around 500 years passed before anything was written.
- But this merely backs up your theory, because who would want to listen to what probably really happened;

"Virgin" Maria was unfaithful, told her husband that an angel had come to her in her dreams. (Yeah right.) If she didn't she would have been stoned, that was normal customs back then. *The story how one lie became the biggest of them all.*
Anyway.. Then Jesus (Yeshua or something) went around healed people, he probably didn't. He probably just touched someone, or healed someone by chance, could be anything. From a medical point of view, he may have "given something" to someone, which accidentally cured them, because it was the right herb or something.
- Would people be interested in hearing "Wow, this Yeshua guy was amazing! He healed someone by giving them herbs! Zomg!" No. Truth be told, they probably exaggerated to make the story better. "This Yeshua guy once made a blind man see again" "Wow omg, no way!"

500 years will turn anything into something it is not.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What's the actual difference between well established interpretations, dogmas, doctrines etc. of an organized religion, and the established interpretations, dogmas, doctrines etc. of those of an individual?

It's all the same thing, from the outside looking in. From those I personally know, the difference is organized apostate religion vs personal relationship.

Ok so you've cut out the pastor.. Big whoop.

It's still all religious. It's still a religion.

Personal, instead of organized.

That's my 10%, er.. 2 cents..

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

That's a whole lotta hatred and painting all religions with a broad brush. Your descriptions are apt with many that profess to walk in Christ's footsteps, yet ignore others plight and only focus on their own. You have also described the actions some take in an effort to absolve their sins to a higher being, like a get out of jail free card. It is without a doubt the RC church is one of the most corrupt religious organizations in history, with the Inquisition, hiding sex abuse, and a myriad of other moral and societal transgressions.

To call all people who place importance on their belief of a higher being, or find strength or solace in their faith, is narrow minded and smugly superior. I get it, you despise the above people, But to broadly bash a large percentage of the world's population by calling them hypocrites, immoral, selfish, farcical, and morons sounds pretty intolerant and downright hateful. But that was the gist of your post, no?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

So ifi worship God on my own, and that act is a religion.......what religion is God? Is he a Protestant? Catholic? 7th Day Adventist?

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheShadows
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

So ifi worship God on my own, and that act is a religion.......what religion is God? Is he a Protestant? Catholic? 7th Day Adventist?

Seriously.

He is what you make of him.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I hate religion as well.

No biggy, its mostly all true.

People in power are easily corrupted, politics is the same.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
and here i thought jesus was supposedly about forgiveness if your in any way in a position to advocate then thanks for the rant the demons i follow might take me to hell however they didn't falsify i'd be saved or whatever i began and still walk this way of life of my own free will. fools like you just make the church look bad

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

In my opinion, there is no god. Christian or otherwise.

My mind is open. But of those that have been claimed to exist, the proofs fall short of convincing me of anything but illusion.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You people truly believe that the religious are inferior human beings, don't you? The whole point of the thread is to express the OP's assumed superiority over those stupid, hypocritical religious people (namely Christians).

It is the highest form of bigotry. You wanna talk about hypocrisy? Holy s#.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

-Take a Wild Guess

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I will just keep telling people this until the day I ascend.

You haven't already?..

Are you not the person that apparently is a conduit for the Galactic Federation? Did you not just make a post warning Humankind and also telling us it would be your [their] last transmission??

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

So ifi worship God on my own, and that act is a religion.......what religion is God?

Depends

Elaborate on the nature of "on my own".

If by that you mean you believe in The Bible, Christ, and God. If the only thing you removed from the equation was church.. well I would call that the Christian religion. Practicing Christianity minus a church, yet still Christianity nonetheless.

Of course there is deism, if you mean it like that. Which I would not call religious.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thankyou for the gobbledy goo thread.
I hate religion as much as the next person but I am not niave enough ta say all religions are the same. Have you ever wondered why Buddhists, janeists and Sikhs are never attacked in threads like these. Because they do not threaten people. They allow you to make your own choice, who you follow, as long as you respect nature and you fellow man. Yes they have people that let them down, especially Burmese Buddhists who seem to have the same hatred for muslims like most people, but a small minority, whereas the minority in other religions is far greater in numbers/percentage.

You mention the devil in many parts, so you don't believe what you are typing? What was the point then? You invalidate everything you say when you refer to entities you know don't exist to justify a point.

Oh and stop trolling for (insert) sake. Stop the energy drinks, stop the obesity and try to improve upon your own life, don't worry about people that laugh at your posts.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Religion is just one of my favorite things to bash. I do it all the time. Why? Because, like so many other topics in the world, today, religion is stupid and I will just keep telling people this until the day I ascend

I stopped reading here.

What makes you so certain you are destined to ascend? My guess is UP is not in your future.

Leave religion alone. People should be free to align their spirit as they wish, without people like you bashing them.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Religion is just one of my favorite things to bash. I do it all the time. Why? Because, like so many other topics in the world, today, religion is stupid and I will just keep telling people this until the day I ascend

I stopped reading here.

What makes you so certain you are destined to ascend? My guess is UP is not in your future.

Leave religion alone. People should be free to align their spirit as they wish, without people like you bashing them.

Well said.... Bashing another persons belief just shows how little they know or want to find out..

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Wanna get REAL angry about the topic you suggest?

Read up on General Butt Naked

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
God is an imaginary creation of man...So is the devil. Can't have all that good without a little evil. Just like day has it's night.....having God just wouldn't be the same without the Devil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join