It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 people sign petition to save dog that bit a two year old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A petition to save Neville, a shelter dog who an Austin judge ordered to be terminated for biting a 2 year old boy, has gotten almost 200,000 signatures and has convinced the judge to reconsider his decision.

The dog bit a two year old boy who tried to hug him while in a pen causing him 16 stitches.

200,000 is alot of signatures, I think the people have spoken and the judge will have to let the dog live.

I am sure people will line up to adopt him so might as well let him live.

At least until he bites another kid.

www.kvue.com...

USTIN – A judge announced Wednesday night he will reconsider his decision regarding a termination order of a shelter dog that bit a child.

According to Austin Pets Alive!, the judge has stayed the order until Oct. 22.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

What a lucky... dog. LOL

Sorry, couldn't help it.

200K people is a lot, I have to wonder how legit they are.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lucky pooch. Where's the parents of this kid that got bitten? Do they get off Scot-free? Why not fine them for irresponsible parenting? I can't imagine the number of dogs that have gotten killed as a result of irresponsible parents.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Lucky pooch. Where's the parents of this kid that got bitten? Do they get off Scot-free? Why not fine them for irresponsible parenting? I can't imagine the number of dogs that have gotten killed as a result of irresponsible parents.

Sometimes it's the dog's owners who because of their poor and negligent dog ownership duties, cause these incidents themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So much sympathy for a f@k!n dog???!!!
A two yr old was bitten by said pooch.
Accidents happen but the dog is dangerous!
I have a dog & if it bit a child I would have it put to sleep myself.
Regardless of the circumstances.
Irresponsible owners need to start accepting responsibility for their pets.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Bullcrap...if you have a kid and a dog ...have common sense to not let your kid run up to a dog and try to hug it. Or else the dog will act on its instincts and will most than likely end up getting euthanized.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Irresponsible parents need to start accepting responsibility for their kids

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Bullcrap...if you have a kid and a dog ...have common sense to not let your kid run up to a dog and try to hug it. Or else the dog will act on its instincts and will most than likely end up getting euthanized.

That is exactly what I said. Sometimes dog owners, who have kids as well, which is what I was referring to have these accidents.. Do you have reading dyslexia? You always seem to get what people say reversed.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Parents need to teach their kids that our fuzzy friends have normal feelings of (whatever) just like we do. Here is a video that goes some what into the idiotic things that parents let their kids do with dogs.

Every single time, the dog is having a conversation with its tormentor, and every time it goes ignored. Horrific, really, when you see some of these parents.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Some people vote for animals by default -- REGARDLESS of the circumstances in the incident. These people CLEARLY have selective hearing, and skip over the part where IT ATTACKED A CHILD WHICH RESULTED IN 16 STITCHES, WHEN THE CHILD WAS SIMPLY HUGGING IT. I don't think there's a large enough caps lock to reach these people... These people tend to be allergic to things like common sense and logic, and feel that there's no such thing as a vicious animal -- when the incident CLEARLY proves otherwise. If you hug a pet, and it mauls you, you put that animal down, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
edit on 15-10-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Who lets a 2yr old into a pen with a strange dog at a animal shelter. Crazy

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Some 'people' forget that 'animals' aren't human and don't have the same reasoning as we do.

Your little precious' 'hug' is the dogs 'unreasonable restraint.'

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Nah never trust a dog that has tasted blood.
Not te dogs fault but the childs or whoever was looking after them.
But you just can not take the chance.
If only we cared aboit each other as we do with our pets eh?.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto
So much sympathy for a f@k!n dog???!!!
A two yr old was bitten by said pooch.
Accidents happen but the dog is dangerous!
I have a dog & if it bit a child I would have it put to sleep myself.
Regardless of the circumstances.
Irresponsible owners need to start accepting responsibility for their pets.

Dogs are more important than humans and you shouldn't own one.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

No they are not...

But Cats on the other hand

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
a reply to: Kromlech

Some 'people' forget that 'animals' aren't human and don't have the same reasoning as we do.

Your little precious' 'hug' is the dogs 'unreasonable restraint.'

Children hug their dogs all the time without incident... Dogs are obviously smart, i.e. "man's best friend." If a dog's first response is to MAUL AND ATTACK CHILDREN AFTER HUGGING IT, then EXCUSE YOU, but that dog needs to be put down immediately. Dunno why people forfeit their common sense in 2015...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Without seeing the surveillance video, I can't really say for sure what I think. There are two different versions of the story, and the article really doesn't give much to go on.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

I can't believe parents (of kids AND pets) let this kind of interaction happen. Dogs are very predictable, but humans don't usually know the language very well.

There are VERY few cases (in my experience) where the dog should be put down. Just call Cesar.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I use to be one of those bleeding heart people who wanted to save every creature, until I witnesses a little girl get bit in the face and almost lose her eye by a dog she wasn't even interacting with. It was a little dog who thought it was the center of the universe and seemed to think this girl was a threat. The owner defended her dogs actions and tried to blame the child even though she didn't do anything to the dog, she wasn't even paying any attention to it. The dog was also a little dog.
Now I fully believe in putting animals down who attack.
I know it can happen with big dogs, little dogs, cats, birds, basically any animal. Some animals are good and some are complete jerks. Sometime the owners don't know how to deal with aggressive animals and because it is their pet they defend the animals actions. These behaviors are all wrong and should be dealt with swiftly.
On the flip side, I do not condone children or adults mistreating animals.
I don't even think it's OK to disturb them while they sleep. Luckily there are ways to test dogs before.bringing them into a house with kids, like seeing how they react if their food bowl is taken away, if they growl don't get that animal as a pet. Also check if they are sensitive to touch around the ears, face, tail and paws, give those areas a squeeze and see how the animal reacts. If it reacts poorly, don't get it as a pet because kids tend to be curious about those areas on an animal.
Also always keep an eye on kids and animals, I caught my neighbours kid talking all sweet to my little dog as he was choking the life.out of her, it was a big wake up call cause I thought the little boy was a good boy, but as soon as I saw him doing that, I yelled at the top of my lungs for him to stop, I was so loud his mother heard, and although I felt bad for yelling, I had to let that kid know that what he did was wrong. His mom made him come back and apologize after, but now I don't let kids pick up my dog cause she is scared of kids hands, since this kid hurt her and rightly so. Yet all kids who see her always want to pick her up and I have to be the broken record meany and tell them not to and the reason why they cannot.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

I saw me Dad and a the owner of the dog beat a dog to death with a spade because it wouldn't let go of a girl down the road, had her by the face also ripped it down one side and scarred for life she was my age around 11.
I think that was the thing what put me off dogs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join