It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light skin originated in Near East- Ancient Alien theory vindication?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

This reminds me of something my brother-in-law told me recently. Keep in mind that this is just a bit of fun speculation on his part and not meant to be taken seriously but he told me that white people are all descendants of aliens who got stranded here.

All human beings have their origin in Africa, it's where our species evolved, but is that where white people come from? Well according to this "theory" the reason white people have a sense of supremacy and always want to conquer other peoples and subjugate and pollute nature (while other cultures or "races" tend to find better equilibrium with nature) is because white people are a bunch of surgically altered aliens, invaders dropped here to stir things up and subjugate the world before the actual owners of Earth show up.

You know how in Star Trek they would surgically alter some of the crew to look like the native life, well the idea is that white people are the descendants of a bunch of aliens altered to have similar appearance and anatomy to humans.

Of course all of this is said in complete jest. In reality race doesn't exist genetically speaking, two people of differing "races" may well have more genetic similarity than if you test two members of the same "race".

I've always been quite interested in the kind of deep time we're dealing with when we talk about human pre-history, humans have been around for about 200,000 years, while science can tell us a lot about what happened through those spans something tells me there's a ton of history left to be uncovered. Of course I don't actually believe aliens were involved, but it can still be fun to speculate.

<< 1  2   >>

join