It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic extremists release video of captured western hostages in the Philippines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

To Intrptr thanks for trolling the bat# out of my thread, class act. Refusing to answer any questions, then asking your own ignorant question," do you believe what kidnappers say?", then you claim others are suffering cognitive dissonance pffft get real.

Anyway,Vasa good stand but you cannot argue this diluted viewpoint it hinges on these ideas to justify the belief the west is evil and bigoted and to smear us. This is where revisionist history begins and it's quite troubling to see it and the people that encourage it as a situation unfolds. The sides that he is drawing and let's be clear he is taking sides, show exactly where his heart is. You can't argue with sympathizers or people who would be more than happy to see the U.S dismantled and destroyed. The beliefs and perpsective he brings roots from that persuasion.
edit on 14-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Man the woman looks like she is in a hello kitty Nurses uniform.

The Philippians??? Wow.

WTH do you do in a situation like this? What would you do Techn?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I "Got" what Humbleone says, it is nothing you would not agree with if you were getting what he meant as I have heard similar from you. It is not about anything other than just another excuse for barbaric insanity of a bygone time in the name of religiosity regardless of the name of that religion. Not sure I am making sense but this is just crazy information for my mind right now and it just makes feel like it is getting closer to all of us and each of us personally faster than anyone expects it to. You know people, until it affects them personally it is simply news.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Antar, I would do the only thing that is reasonable. I would fight and make an attempt to escape even if that ended in my death, at least it would not be broadcast and used as a show of terror. It's difficult and frightening to think what's these people are going through they know the story they know how this typically unfolds, but they clinging to their lives and hope that someone will find them and save them. It's quite sad, once captured their isn't a very good choice to be made. I hate these people who do this,I hate everything about them, I believe our tactics needs to be much dirtyer we need to find the captors identitys and take their family's hostage, one point my grandfather was asked how we could win Vietnam, (he was a captain in the special forces and had done 3 tours already) he said that unless we are willing to use the same and worse tactics as our enemies we will not win. People start to think differently when their brothers and sisters and mothers are threatened. I know this view is extremely distasteful but it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Foreign tourists who visit the Philippines are made well aware of the risks associated with travel in the southern regions especially the Muslim Autonomous Region.

What ever the circumstances they decided to roll the dice and crapped out.

Paying ransom to these cunning and ruthless thugs will be a long and drawn out process.

The hostages will need to be more cunning and ruthless for any hope of freedom.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

In the context of the here and now, all but the Israel occupation (which I don't take sides in that issue) are completely irrelevant. It's an attempt to say oh look everyone's #ed, no see,Christians aren't cutting off heads and engaged in genocide and ethnic cleansing. So, I appreciate your attempt to make comparisons, but you are wrong,and seemingly diverting, I don't really understand this mentality, can you explain further? It seems like a nihilistic everything is meaningless idea, but I wonder if you support the actions of Russia, I wonder where you stand as an individual on the world affairs, would you define that as well? I think that relevant to.

My context here and now is that religion itself is the evil. More hated, discontent and bloodshed has been at the behest of those blinded by the delusion of religion. It is a social construct to manipulate and control.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I fear western society is too civilized to appropriately deal with Islamic extremist. At it's core, Islam is simply not compatible with civilized modern and free societies.

We have lost sight of the fact that some people are simply evil and no amount of logic, reason, discussion, or compromise will ever satisfy them.

We need to get past this politically correct notion that all cultures and religions are equal.

Islamic extremism will not be defeated until two things happen. There is something approaching genocide to clean out the extremist and the religion itself goes through a reformation similar to Christianity.

Putin will handle this for us.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: antar

Antar, I would do the only thing that is reasonable. I would fight and make an attempt to escape even if that ended in my death, at least it would not be broadcast and used as a show of terror. It's difficult and frightening to think what's these people are going through they know the story they know how this typically unfolds, but they clinging to their lives and hope that someone will find them and save them. It's quite sad, once captured their isn't a very good choice to be made. I hate these people who do this,I hate everything about them, I believe our tactics needs to be much dirtyer we need to find the captors identitys and take their family's hostage, one point my grandfather was asked how we could win Vietnam, (he was a captain in the special forces and had done 3 tours already) he said that unless we are willing to use the same and worse tactics as our enemies we will not win. People start to think differently when their brothers and sisters and mothers are threatened. I know this view is extremely distasteful but it is what it is.

This is why I said we are too civilized to deal with the problem. The extremist only understand power. This is why I believe in order to win, you almost have to commit genocide. It is no different from WWII when we dropped the bomb on Japan. We were dealing with a fanatical enemy. The only way to snap them out of it was to do something so abhorrent that it made clear to the opposing leadership, we are not to be f*cked with...

We need leadership that is willing to basically willing to go Roman on their Islamic azzes. I mean salt the earth. Unleash the craziest and most heartless soldiers we have... coating bullets with pig lard. Putting them in cages with dogs. Almost like how Brad Pitt's crew was in Inglorious Bastards.

You cannot show any mercy whatsoever. They have to literally fear we will turn Mecca into a Wal-Mart parking lot if we get pissed enough.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This insurgency has an interesting history. Basically back in the 1600s when the great empires were dividing up Asia and the Philippines, the treaty had two versions, one that said an areas called Sulu would independent and another the Spanish had that said it would be a part of Spain. So started years of fighting as first the Spanish, then US, then the Japanese, and the Philippines tried to conquer the area. After decades of fighting peace was made and Muslims went on to live peacefully. in the 1960's the Phillipines decided they wanted to invade Sabah a island that belong to Malaysia. The just needed and excuse to do it. If Sabah was in chaos they would have that justification.

So the Philippine Army recruited 400 moros or Muslims from the South. They were told they were to be an elite unit within the Philippine Army. They proudly signed up and began training. At some point during the training the recruits found out that the real reason they were recruited was to be sent into Saba and cause chaos attacking and bombing things so the the Army could invade. This was a big problems as the Muslims group recruited came a couple of groups that had family ties to the Muslims in Sabah. The soldiers refused the mission and asked to be sent home. The Philippines worried that their plans for Sabah would get out, had the recruits taken out to an airfield in groups and machined gunned. One of them managed to survive and get away. When word got out the Muslims began a revolt.

In the last couple of years the main Muslim group (MILF) and the Philippines signed a peace deal. Some of the insurgents did not agree with it and broke off to form a new group (BILF) that claimed loyalty to ISIS. The MILF attacked the BILF. after a month of fighting the Philippine government declared war on BILF and had MILF pull out so they would not get attacked on accident while the went after the BILF. The BILF is the group that is holding the hostages.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: intrptr

Assuming they think somewhat rationally, what benefit would they get from lying about being Islamic Extremists? Or is it your belief that they are not extremists at all and this is just a propaganda video and the folks in it are all eating at their homes right now?

Assuming the US government is rational, what benefit would they get from lying about the war on terror? Or is it your belief Islam is evil and all the western propaganda to blame them is really the truth?

Kidnappers who take hostages are obviously not religious folk. Or maybe just hide behind gentle euphemisms like "Extraordinary Rendition" and "Detainees" in the name of Humanity or Democracy?

How is this related to the US government? Nobody in the video is from the US.

Plenty of people have been taken hostage for hundreds of years in the name of religion....what makes this different? And again, what do they gain by claiming something they are not?

It's not, at all. But one must take the discussion wherever one can in an effort to exclaim "win!"

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

Foreign tourists who visit the Philippines are made well aware of the risks associated with travel in the southern regions especially the Muslim Autonomous Region.

Aw yes, the good old Muslim terrorists will be Muslim terrorists argument (boys will be boys), another intresting way of justifying their actions, I disagree these people were stolen from a resort and now held as a political chess piece by Muslim extremists and if they can't get their demands reached, which they won't because they are completely insane demands, like," oh yea, stop attacking us so we can gain more ground and attack you" type demands. Then they will cut their heads off and film it also as a political move for their insane religious beliefs. But hey Muslim terrorists will be Muslims terrorists shucks .

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

My conditioning has nothing to do with media. Did you watch the video? They are holding Islamic Flags and yelling Islamic terms….

Lots of people wave flags and shout slogans and it don't mean squat (unless its Muslims, apparently). Then they are the evil in the world that needs to be expunged. Not because they are kidnappers, holding hostages for (no ransom(?), you believe that, too?), but because they say they are Islamis-isis-ism-ists.

I understand where you are coming from…

Careful, some light is showing through the crack.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

To Intrptr thanks for trolling the bat# out of my thread, class act. Refusing to answer any questions, then asking your own ignorant question," do you believe what kidnappers say?", then you claim others are suffering cognitive dissonance pffft get real

Dodge this, The war on terror is based on lies…

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

My conditioning has nothing to do with media. Did you watch the video? They are holding Islamic Flags and yelling Islamic terms….

Lots of people wave flags and shout slogans and it don't mean squat (unless its Muslims, apparently). Then they are the evil in the world that needs to be expunged. Not because they are kidnappers, holding hostages for (no ransom(?), you believe that, too?), but because they say they are Islamis-isis-ism-ists.

I understand where you are coming from…

Careful, some light is showing through the crack.

This just moved right on in to the absurd.

"All those people chanting in the street and waving flags don't really mean it."

"All those people with rainbow flags in a gay pride parade don't really mean it."

"All those football fans waving flags and chanting a team name don't really mean it."

Need some Go-go gadget arms for all that reach.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oh more westerners who were stupid enough to go to a country where they could be kidnapped.. I swear. THIS i s why you stop allowing tourism to certain countries. 4 more dead people walking. Oh well. Darwin awards for all!! SHould had stayed home then you would not be going to lose your heads. They brought it on themselves Op.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yuppa you cannot be seriously arguing that, one of the victims is a Philippine herself plus they were stolen from a resort, these guys I assure you did not go out of their way to become hostages to Muslim extremists, we can't blame the victims how crazy is that?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Yuppa you cannot be seriously arguing that, one of the victims is a Philippine herself plus they were stolen from a resort, these guys I assure you did not go out of their way to become hostages to Muslim extremists, we can't blame the victims how crazy is that?

Well Tech I do blame them for being dumb enough to go there with a known issue of kidnappings. Westerners are a high ticket item these days. AN dtoo bad about the philipine girl. they will prolly rape her and sell her organs off SHe just was unlucky. If they would not had been there in th efirst place they would not be facing a beheading. It may be cruel but thats th e unvarnished un sugar coated truth.

Bet the girl might even be a hooker one of th eguys kidnapped was screwing at th e time. Yeah also they didnt go ou tof their way to be hostages but point is they are now and might as well be considered dead.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

one point my grandfather was asked how we could win Vietnam, (he was a captain in the special forces and had done 3 tours already) he said that unless we are willing to use the same and worse tactics as our enemies we will not win.

Your grandfather is a terrorist then. Not trying to derail this thread,just pointing out hypocricy of the western world. It's all fine when we bomb the crap out from Vietnam to Iraq to Libya, but when some goathumpers take few hostages than its like the end of the world. more violence will solve every problem,typical american approach
edit on 14-10-2015 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

one point my grandfather was asked how we could win Vietnam, (he was a captain in the special forces and had done 3 tours already) he said that unless we are willing to use the same and worse tactics as our enemies we will not win.

Your grandfather is a terrorist then. Not trying to derail this thread,just pointing out hypocricy of the western world. It's all fine when we bomb the crap out from Vietnam to Iraq to Libya, but when some goathumpers take few hostages than its like the end of the world. more violence will solve every problem,typical american approach

Violence solves all kinds of problems. Hugs only solve some.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

How is this related to the US government? Nobody in the video is from the US.

How is kidnapping and hostage taking related to Islam? Because they wave flags and say Allah akbar?

So kidnapping and murder, check.

Lying about whoo they really are… check mate.

Obvious troll is obvious. Or obvious idiot is obvious. I don't know which, but either way, this guy is full of it.

You think these lunatics are laying down their lives in the name of furthering covert Western interests, and not their God? Are you really that naive? These are religious extremists. They've existed since the inception of religion. If you cannot comprehend that, then perhaps you should go and play pokemon instead of participating in the grown-up's discussions and derailing a valid conversation with your painfully invalid suppositions.

You've been on the internet too much. Go outside, see the world. Religious extremism exists - indeed, all forms of extremism exist. The West may be involved in encouraging & propagating extremism for whatever reason (I'm not entirely sold on this idea, but it has happened before), but to say that these extremists are lying about their religion is like saying Americans only pretend to be patriotic.

These are extremist Islamic terrorists. That is what this is. Now, does that make the religion of Islam solely responsible for their behaviour? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist. That's not my jurisdiction. But it is what it is. And if it looks like a religious extremist, acts like a religious extremist, claims to be a religious extremist and is proud of the fact - chances are we have a religious extremist.

Anyway, good luck to these people. They don't deserve this situation they've found themselves in. Can we at least agree on that?

edit on 14/10/2015 by TheAnarchist because: ~

<< 1  2    4 >>

join