It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic extremists release video of captured western hostages in the Philippines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

They're kidnappers and murderers, probably in the name of greed, but not liars, too?

Isn't this just semantics?

The "semantics" as you put it, is the propaganda.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: intrptr

oh ok, just criminals argument. Failing to recognize the blanket religion that spawns these nut bags faster than rabbits can multiply. The whole Allah Akbar thing at the end is just a technicality, you know, and also the genocides, and rapes, and child marriages, and atrocity's committed against women. Not religious at all, nope just criminal. I suppose the form of execution upon hostages isn't religious either, you know lopping off their #en heads on H.D T.V nah that's just criminals doing what criminals do. Do you see how much mental gymnastics come into play for you to settle on this view? I don't even know what to say. This kind of willful ignorance, cannot be argued against, you stand where you stand, that cant be changed.I disagree with you with every bone in my body and i want you to be aware of that.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ok, we cannot have a conversation about this topic, this table flipping and gymnastics you are doing is just a defense to protect your belief, which I'm sure you consider to be peaceful and loving.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I fear western society is too civilized to appropriately deal with Islamic extremist. At it's core, Islam is simply not compatible with civilized modern and free societies.

We have lost sight of the fact that some people are simply evil and no amount of logic, reason, discussion, or compromise will ever satisfy them.

We need to get past this politically correct notion that all cultures and religions are equal.

Islamic extremism will not be defeated until two things happen. There is something approaching genocide to clean out the extremist and the religion itself goes through a reformation similar to Christianity.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have to wonder sometimes.
We have videos of fellows executing hogtied prisoners with crowds watching them, all shouting 'Alluhah Akbhar' .... wtf?
Is it possible they are doing this in the name of their god? Is it possible that they are Muslims that are doing this?

Then the retort always seems to come through.... 'But, the Spanish Inquisition!"
Yeah, I was just by the Catholic Church a 1/4 mile from my house this morning... and they were having a 'spanish inquisition'.

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, my sources have released a genuine photograph of a modern day 'Spanish Inquisition' now known as a fiesta. This is some scary crap.

That's the equivalent and ridiculousness of a popular argument that's actually taken seriously. Also I find it intresting that the same people who are cheering Russia's move in the Middle East were also before condemning Americas and coalitions actions in the Middle East, it's a very strange position. I think a lot of people won't say it,but I wish they would just be up front and just say # America, # the west ,they get what they deserve. That's what they truly feel, that the west is wrong and whoever their leaning or flavor is, is right. See that doesn't put anyone on a "higher" moral ground, no that just shows the pretentiousness of these people.

Anyway I hope these innocent victims are not murdered, and that they can be saved, this made my heart sink when I read it and watched the video this morning.
edit on 14-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Islam is a religion of peace. Just like Judaism (ask a Palestinian) and Christianity (shout out to the crusades, the witch trials, the spanish inquisition..yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.)

Yah, including the title, "Islam and extreme" are associated three times in the first paragraph. Knowing kidnapping is a crime carried by criminals, but we are to believe they aren't lying about their religion, too? Like comparatively, waging unjust war and decapitating whole nations is alright.

Radical extreme Islam Jihad is-ists… wash, rinse, repeat.

Assuming they think somewhat rationally, what benefit would they get from lying about being Islamic Extremists? Or is it your belief that they are not extremists at all and this is just a propaganda video and the folks in it are all eating at their homes right now?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
WoW... anyone else
catch the lame ass ring tone
@ 1:51...

kinda hard to take them seriously.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

Yes I did, clearly this group is a rag tag group and trying to show its alliegence and to make a name for themselves, which perhaps makes them even more dangerous. This is the saddest thing, the family's of these people must be terrified, death and a painful slow death to terrorists should be handed across the board. Look at these three men and the woman look at their faces, this really makes me heart sink and my blood boil..

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Ok, we cannot have a conversation about this topic, this table flipping and gymnastics you are doing is just a defense to protect your belief, which I'm sure you consider to be peaceful and loving.

One doesn't 'converse' with bigotry and hatred, one just walks.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Assuming they think somewhat rationally, what benefit would they get from lying about being Islamic Extremists? Or is it your belief that they are not extremists at all and this is just a propaganda video and the folks in it are all eating at their homes right now?

Assuming the US government is rational, what benefit would they get from lying about the war on terror? Or is it your belief Islam is evil and all the western propaganda to blame them is really the truth?

Kidnappers who take hostages are obviously not religious folk. Or maybe just hide behind gentle euphemisms like "Extraordinary Rendition" and "Detainees" in the name of Humanity or Democracy?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Assuming the US government is rational, what benefit would they get from lying about the war on terror? Or is it your belief Islam is evil and all the western propaganda to blame them is really the truth?

Kidnappers who take hostages are obviously not religious folk. Or maybe just hide behind gentle euphemisms like "Extraordinary Rendition" and "Detainees" in the name of Humanity or Democracy?

How is this related to the US government? Nobody in the video is from the US.

Plenty of people have been taken hostage for hundreds of years in the name of religion....what makes this different? And again, what do they gain by claiming something they are not?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

How is kidnapping and hostage taking related to Islam? Because they wave flags and say Allah akbar?

So kidnapping and murder, check.

Lying about whoo they really are… check mate.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

How is kidnapping and hostage taking related to Islam? Because they wave flags and say Allah akbar?

So kidnapping and murder, check.

Lying about whoo they really are… check mate.

Oh...Ok....so it is a guess on your part then? You would also have to be guessing at murder as there is no murder in that video right? Hell...how do you even know they are kidnapped? It could ALL be faked right?

You are still skipping the same question I have had in 2 posts now....what do they have to gain by claiming Islam if they are not Islamic? Why would the US care about Canadians and what purpose would a Canadian false flag have?
edit on 10/14/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You are still skipping the same question I have had in 2 posts now….what do they have to gain by claiming Islam if they are not Islamic?

And I answered twice.You believe what kidnappers and murderers say?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You are still skipping the same question I have had in 2 posts now….what do they have to gain by claiming Islam if they are not Islamic?

And I answered twice.You believe what kidnappers and murderers say?

You are the one claiming they are lying. Yet you believe they are kidnappers and murderers?

So I should believe that kidnappers and murderers are in on the conspiracy, to defame Islam, along with the western world?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You are the one claiming they are lying. Yet you believe they are kidnappers and murderers?

You believe what kidnappers say?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You believe what kidnappers say?

They are asking for things...this is not for a statement. Why would they kidnap people to ask for things that benefit Islamic Extremists if they are not Islamic extremists?

Either way...done with this silly exchange of questions. You seem to just be trolling at this point without answering anything at all and it is just annoying really.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your problem is the cognitive dissonance stemming from the conditioning that Islam is responsible for such horrendous crimes, because the media tells you that. Their crime is kidnapping, not Islam. Islam doesn't kidnap people, criminals do and pretend they're Islam because thats what stirs people up, giving them more attention than they would otherwise receive. Might even raise the ransom?

Criminals hide behind masks, they commit crimes and lie about it to make you believe what they want you to believe.

I believe that more than I believe anything they say. Really Vasa Croe? How old is this tactic?

Hans Gruber

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Your problem is the cognitive dissonance stemming from the conditioning that Islam is responsible for such horrendous crimes, because the media tells you that. Their crime is kidnapping, not Islam. Islam doesn't kidnap people, criminals do and pretend they're Islam because thats what stirs people up, giving them more attention than they would otherwise receive. Might even raise the ransom?

Criminals hide behind masks, they commit crimes and lie about it to make you believe what they want you to believe.

I believe that more than I believe anything they say. Really Vasa Croe? How old is this tactic?

Hans Gruber

My conditioning has nothing to do with media. Did you watch the video? They are holding Islamic Flags and yelling Islamic terms....that would mean they are claiming to be Islamic. I understand where you are coming from, but a criminal wants to benefit from their crime typically, not help someone else benefit from their crime. They did not ask for a ransom...they want the attacks to stop on Islamic Extremists in the area. Unless this random (in your view) non-Islamic group is somehow aligned with Islamic Extremists, then what is the point?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join