It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

being "flagged" on here is prob the only thing i dont understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
this is my 3rd day being on this site.i've posted and replied back without any arguments/issues (that i know of).i noticed on my profile i have flags.ive been flagged.what does that mean? im hoping its a good thing,something tells me its not.better yet why was i flagged? im a paranoid individual so asking is relief.oh and the stars,what are those for?

it took an act of god just to post my avatar pic,so finding the section that explains the symbols? forget,ill just post and ask,alot easier.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

Flags are ways other Members can illustrate that they appreciate a tread you started..

The option to "Flag a Thread" is at the top of each thread on the left..

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Flags happen when you make a thread. People that think what you have written is noteworthy will flag it as means of patting you on the back. Same thing for state except that is for a single post. Generally the opening post will get a Star and the thread a Flag. Hence the expression Star and Flag or S&F.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh no! I flagged you!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

i feel better now,no longer paranoid!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Flags are basically bookmarks... you're flagged as an interesting topic someone would like to follow up on.. they also help you in being recognized by others if you get enough flags.. most of my friends use flags as the "I don't have time, but this is a topic I want to see" ... stars an flags are both important to your overall reputation here however.... so post, and comment wisely.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

thank you both Ahabstar and Semperfortis for explaining that in a comfortable and cozy way.i appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

The scores can be tricky to understand... I don't fully get them myself and I've been here for a long time relatively speaking. I've made nearly 5000 comments and gotten nearly 9000 positive remarks on my comments... I've made an unknown number of posts but gotten flagged 237 times as interesting, I've not made anywhere near that number of posts so that number is hard to show relevance ... I got 64 trophies which I THINK represents staff likes... and 27 is my Karma.. I have no idea how that works..

This stuff all got rolled in as I joined long over time.. What I can tell you is that to get the best score and to have a good reputation here is to be respectful to others, chime in if you have something useful to say and avoid being rude if at all possible... provide as much information as you can when posting or commenting so that your responses/posts are relevant to the topic.

Respect the members, don't get upset if they don't respect you back.. let the mods deal with that.

Welcome to ATS =)
edit on 10/13/2015 by miniatus because: To clarify posting/commenting

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Flags are good as others have pointed out and so are stars. Stars mean that people like what you posted or agree.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Or is it a way for everyone on this conspiracy site to track everything you do muhahahahhah

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You've attracted the attention of mods who are now watching your every move.

Å99
edit on 13-10-2015 by akushla99 because: Correcto

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
You've attracted the attention of mods who are now watching your every move.

Å99

Dripper from Ohio, got it, thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I flagged you just to keep your flag count higher than your post count .

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
When you flag something a little red light starts flashing at the CIA.
Loads of CIA people quickly read and then find out where you are from and If not to their liking the topic you flagged they send the dogs

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
That's okay was confused to when starring and flagging started out. Didn't want to flag someone to get them in trouble-flagging for mod attention?- by accident! Unflagging came later on I believe, so it was a relief until the meaning of them was clear. Of course, turned out it wasn't meant for that but rather to help bring attention to subject.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes my friend FLAGS are a good thing

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Flagged.
Welcome Dripper. I hope you find your voyage pleasant even when the waves are high.

new topics

top topics

join