It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biologist takes first ever picture with ultra rare bird, then kills it ‘for science’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This smells like a 'one sided story' played by the MSM, and I bet in the end everything makes sense

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

It's not just rare, it's so so awesome. If you don't believe me just check the huffpo link at the bottom of the OP linked source. We all know they never sensationalize headlines of articles filled with half-truthed, fun-filled twists.

Oh this thread is comical! Facebook 2.0 up in here.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I swear...I don't want to be an internet "hater" but dammit! I reeeeally dislike this asshat.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
I'm not a biologist, but couldn't he have instead just sedated the bird and get it in an MRI, blood sample, and stool?

Not necessarily. Birds do not always take sedative well and this being an unknown species, there is no way to really know how much it can handle. In the end, the outcome might have been the same. Not to mention all the stress you would be subjecting the wild animal too. The stress could kill it where the sedative might not.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If anyone did something like this around me, I would teach them a lesson they would never forget.

Animals (not for food), children, elderly, most women, anyone powerless or defenseless against an aggressor. Yeah, I know men and women are supposed to be equal, but I don't subscribe to that way of thinking. I'm a gentleman. It's who I am. Most of the time.
edit on 10/13/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I question this deeply.... is this proven? sorry.. but in the photos the bird has the same exact pose.. it seems perfectly comfortable being handled by, what would to it be, a giant strange possibly predatory species ... this just has all the elements of nonsense ... is this actually proven?
edit on 10/13/2015 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
I question this deeply.... is this proven? TL;DR sorry.. but in the photos the bird has the same exact pose.. it seems perfectly comfortable being handled by, what would to it be, a giant strange possibly predatory species ... this just has all the elements of nonsense ... is this actually proven?

I read back after posting this and I don't find anything .. unless I missed a link, that proves this is real or nonsense... so where is the proof this happened? all I saw were two photos of a bird alive and well in the same pose which makes me even question if the bird itself is real ( I worked in vfx ...I question everything and I've been here too long to take things at face value )

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Quite honestly this bird doesn't even look real to me from the two photos.. especially given the same exact pose the bird has... A wild bird would not just chill with you... most wild animals won't .. the fact the beak is at what appears to be the same angle in opening in both photos makes me believe this is fake....
edit on 10/13/2015 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just to clarify.. I'm not doubting this species exists.. I'm just not relying on text that this event happened.. that is too often the flaw on ATS ... we accept paragraphs posted as evidence with an accompanied photo that could be anything... that is not the motto of this site which is to deny ignorance...

If we allow this to continue we are basically turning into a tabloid site... Deny ignorance .. What does ignorance mean?

"lack of knowledge or information.
"he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"
synonyms: incomprehension of, unawareness of, unconsciousness of, unfamiliarity with, inexperience with, lack of knowledge about, lack of information "

We're supposed to DENY this ... that is the tagline of this site ....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is why, though I've seen very rare animals, I think better than to involve the scientists.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What a beautiful bird! I've seen plenty of kingfishers in my locale andI must say, this particular species is magnificient, not only in coloration but size. Here they are a little smaller than a robin, and can be spotted by just about any river or creek.

As to the meat of the OP, these birds are not rare in the quantitative sense but the qualitative. For example, a bull moose is extremely rare to see in my area, but cows and calfs are common place. The male's behavior dictates that they don't end up in your yard eating young trees. Their viability as specie is not reduced by hunting, which is special draw for a tag on either sex, depending on region.

Thanks to the OP for the info, but the spin makes me dizzy.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Animals (not for food), children, elderly, most women, anyone powerless or defenseless against an aggressor.

Why are the tasty animals not powerless or defenseless against an aggressor?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
He should be dissected alive!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Sure you would.

Anywho, if it was a tragic mistake then bad show on the scientists part. I'm a biologist and I can definitely say that intentionally killing endangered species is not in the protocol. If he's just a sick weirdo then hold him accountable.

Lets let competent people do their job to figure out what happened here if anything happened at all. Enough with the Internet witch hunts. It makes people look ignorant. There's a strong possibility that this is typical Internet lies.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

After watching tonights debate what are the chances we can get this guy to take a picture with our politicians?

Have they released picture of the uptopsy or video of it? Could he have sold the bird to a rich client that likes exotic animals?
edit on 461031America/ChicagoTue, 13 Oct 2015 22:46:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Wow.
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?

C'mon, it's a freakin' bird, people.
Some of you really think it's morally ok to wish this guy harm, or wish something bad to happen to him, a human being, and he's more immoral for killing a BIRD?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

And aliens should wipe out the human race? It's a freakin' BIRD.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Someone should kill and dissect him and see if he had a heart. I highly doubt he did.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have to laugh at the overwhelming 'outrage' from all of you in your comments.
Meanwhile 95% of you all will be salivating like the two aliens from The Simpsons when the dinner bell is rang at your estate.
Eager to devour the dead bird/animal you have cooked or have had prepared for you.
Commenting on how your new BBQ setup is 'Wonderful' as you reach for another burnt wing or breast...
I say shame on you ATS! Shame!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And what the hell was he expecting to find so outstandingly different upon dissection. Two hearts.

What an idiot.

I am a mortician. I offer up my services to dissect him to find out what makes him such an idiot.
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Pretty sure the disgust and outrage comes from it being a rare bird. Not a chicken.

You miss the point often ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join