It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biologist takes first ever picture with ultra rare bird, then kills it ‘for science’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There's no need for this.

I think there is an Agenda at play here..

Who else is witnessing the decline of Wildlife where they live?

It's amost disappeared completely where I live (which is London). Don't know where it's going but it saddens me to know that I won't see these 'Animals' again unless I travel out to the Countryside but even the Countryside is soon to be built upon.

Poor bird has just come into contact with a human for possibly the first time and gets killed.

A*hole

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Already posted

ATS Post

AND here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari
I'm speechless! What would possess someone to do that? What possible justification can be given? Ditto, evil indeed!

He didn't want anyone else taking a picture or making a movie. You can see the look in the eyes when he's letting the little critter sitting on his hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Beautiful bird. It is the Science you uneducated fools. Science is cool. Science is heartless because the heart is unscientific. He is not even evil because the concept can't be verified by a double blind study.
Ethics aren't logical. One only has to stay between the laws. The law prevents you from killing him but not the bird and lab animals from people like him.
Science allows you to do whatever you want like a devil. Once you accept you are nothing more than evolved bacteria it has stolen your soul and you are just a bunch of chemicals so shut up.

‘When I came upon the netted bird in the cool shadowy light of the forest I gasped aloud, “Oh my god, the kingfisher.”
I wonder if he actually said OMFG as sick bastards use to say these days! What? I feel free to hate him once hate is unscientific. lol

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I thought this was terrible. That scientist/ murderer should go to jail for a long time. I have a wildlife increase. The local HS was built near my house between here and a river. The animals came this way. I plant flowers and put out bird food and bird baths. I compost vegetables and fruits so I get other animals as well. I stop my car and pick up turtles and put them back off the road when I can. There should be laws about killing off animals, and they should enforce them. Shame on that person for what they did!
edit on 13-10-2015 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I would love to bump into him and dissect him in the name of science

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Best case scenario:
Have pictures or the body of the dissected bird shown up? If not , I wonder if he sold it to a rich bastard with a taste for collecting exotic rare animals?

Worst case scenario:
We make contact with scientist from an advance civilization.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I actually find this more upsetting than when Cecil the Lion was shot by that horrible dentist. I mean there are more lions in the world (not huge amounts, granted) but this was an incredibly rare specimen of bird.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Who else is witnessing the decline of Wildlife where they live?

It's amost disappeared completely where I live (which is London). Don't know where it's going but it saddens me to know that I won't see these 'Animals' again unless I travel out to the Countryside but even the Countryside is soon to be built upon.

Not me, I live in Scotland, close to the Glens and I see plenty wildlife on a daily basis. That's why I couldn't live in London, not enough greenery...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What do you think Audubon did in his work?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I would love to bump into him and dissect him in the name of science
a reply to: real_one

But, unfortunately, the scientist's type isn't rare enough to capture and dissect.

I thought this sort of thinking went out in the Victorian era when any rare "specimen" was killed and displayed for... er, posterity.

Irony within irony.

And this isn't exactly the same level of evil as those "hunting" parks where tame exotic "beasts" are killed by morons... but some folks have a whole lot of evolving to do ... and hopefully we humans don't all get a dose of perspective from some more capable lifeforms happening by... and I don't necessarily mean aliens... think about a virus.

But not all people are like this... just too many.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
He needed to kill it to discover why there aren't many off them left. Maybe he found an idiot scientist inside during the dissection.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Arrested for playing with and riding a sea turtle, huh? Lord, good thing I read this. That is something I could see myself doing in a totally non-harmless way, given the opportunity. You, Ameilia, just saved me from potential prosecution.

That bird is so beautiful. I am appalled at this scientists' disgusting actions. Poor bird. RIP.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Director of a Museum, Hmmm. That right there, tells me why he killed the bird, He can't put a live bird in a museum. What a piece of .... I think if this Bird, turns up in his Museum, There should be calls for some sort of Justice. Why dissect the only specimen, did he really think it was worth killing just to take a look inside, Bull, this guy knew exactly what he was doing.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
All lives matter, less this asshole's!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Such extreme reactions for the killing of a single bird. This isn't a remotely rational response, the issues must lie elsewhere.

Let me ask you, why does this bird deserve our affection more than the cow, chicken, or pig most of us consume on a regular basis?

Is it the colors of the wings? The rarity of this species? Do you preach the value of all life while chowing down a burger?

I know, I know... such a monster just cause and all... such a tragedy, but really... I think this is some sort of psychological phenomena going on that has nothing to do with a bird, and everything to do with having a need to feel we're not the predators we really are.

Do you sense someone looking at you behind your back and feel enlightened or psychic? Just another predator using their instincts, not so sorry to say.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Such extreme reactions for the killing of a single bird. This isn't a remotely rational response, the issues must lie elsewhere.

Let me ask you, why does this bird deserve our affection more than the cow, chicken, or pig most of us consume on a regular basis?

Is it the colors of the wings? The rarity of this species? Do you preach the value of all life while chowing down a burger?

I know, I know... such a monster just cause and all... such a tragedy, but really... I think this is some sort of psychological phenomena going on that has nothing to do with a bird, and everything to do with having a need to feel we're not the predators we really are.

Do you sense someone looking at you behind your back and feel enlightened or psychic? Just another predator using their instincts, not so sorry to say.

Killing a rare bird and eating a burger are not even remotely related. LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

So the rarity and colors, check.

So that whole civilization thing we got going on, wiping out species while looking the other way.

That one is okay, but science not so much.

Got it.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: raedar

So the rarity and colors, check.

So that whole civilization thing we got going on, wiping out species while looking the other way.

That one is okay, but science not so much.

Got it.

How about focusing on the OP instead of derailing it toward people eating meat? I don't eat much meat at all myself, it is not a big part of my diet. But that's not the point.

This bird was not killed for consumption
This bird is rare
This bird is so rare it is referred to as "the ghost bird"
Cows are not rare, they are plentiful
Cows anatomy and physiology is understood by science
Cows have nothing at all to do with a rare bird being killed
Cows have nothing to do with this Op
Why not tag the bird and monitor it
Why not protect this bird since it is RARE (YES, rarity is a pretty big deal)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
by the face is clear who he is, they travel to Africa to hunt animals, travel the Donbass and Syria preys on people that for them the cattle, they go to Thailand and not only entertain with children and children of Aboriginal for them too cattle when you already realized this is not an isolated incident but a systematic and mankind is divided into two kinds predators and their victims Aboriginal and all that was before they arrived on the planet , them alien and hateful subject to ruthless exploitation and destruction and the best proof my words is their actions, not their words
edit on 13/10/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join