It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hardly think religion is necessary to protect yourself from evil...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian

I worship no one
I am my own
Have fun worshipping a "higher" power
I choose to ascend beyond

You have an interesting view... You believe demons are real, are evil, but do not believe in a higher power too, or that you are the higher power...

I guess you might believe in reality beyond the flesh so where does that put you?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Elysian

So what kind of experiences have you had with demons? If you haven't heard them then have you seen them? If you've seen them then I'd have to go with hallucinations.

Well at least you stay rational
I commend you for it
Im more then willing to believe either
However I find myself leaning to the paranormal with no explanation for why I feel its right

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Neither is the christian god

I agree.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I worship no one
I am my own

You have an interesting view... You believe demons are real, are evil, but do not believe in a higher power too, or that you are the higher power...

I guess you might believe in reality beyond the flesh so where does that put you?

Perhaps I wasn't clear
To me, higher powers are very real, I just do not believe that we should bow to them

Buddhism even promoted the idea of self improvement to reach Nirvana
Hermes (who my intention is to learn from) teaches man how to exceed the boundaries of the human body,mind and spirit
Eris is a force of nature and a reminder that even when things are at their best they can take an unforeseen and drastic downhill spiral

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What;s your concept of good and evil?

That term - evil - is much of the reason that religion was created.

The primary purpose of the 'invention' of religion was not just to create community and common perspectives, but also to ascertain greater goods for the propagation of that civilization given the terms and conditions of the environment the population was confined and constricted to.

But let's be clear about this. The definitions of evil vary based on the religious perspective.

Science does the same thing. and likes to think it's different and better than religion because it uses a different model of validation. Not fully comprehending that's precisely what led to the development of the religious factions themselves. As invariably, science will prove that philosophical perspective shapes reality thus validating religion.

Snake. Eats. Tail.

BUT once you get out of this. You start to ask questions such as...

What is good? What is evil?

To some, I have killed hundreds of millions of people and am a mass murderer.

To me, I am playing video games.

Am I evil because I know others think i am killing people?

Or am I a good man who refuses to accept others labels which invariably would forbid me from living life altogether?

Evil is what you believe it is.

Whether or not you use religion as your pulpit is irrelevant.

What is relevant?

Who knows.

Enjoying life. Period.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bgregory

Apparently I forgot what the title of my own thread was

Im laughing my ass off so hard right now
edit on 10-10-2015 by Elysian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Demons aren't real, schizophrenia is though. If you're hearing demons, you're hearing yourself.

Yup seen it first hand, you see when someone is mentally ill they project what they know about demons and such and also aliens because of pop culture.
I have seen people who say they are possessed but no they are just poorly.
Therapy and meds help sort out their problems no exorcism needed.
No such thing as demons.

Oh and ATS please do not feed the delusions of the mentally unwell it causes more harm then good.
edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

My encounters with demons and other entities that would harm me are resolved with the phrase "I defy you", spoken with utter conviction.

Conviction is key though. I firmly believe that man does not require the intervention of higher powers. I do not kneel to the christian god, I dont even capitalize it because frankly I have no respect for it, nor do I bow to any other gods or goddesses. I do however ask Hermes to teach me the inherent power within all humans, and I honor Eris, goddess of discord, with poetry, and when I get the chance, offering of apples. (She doesn't want to be left out, can you blame her? You would be pissed to if your family didnt invite you to a FAMILY party)

It works
For me at least
Because it is my conviction

I have utter faith in my own power
Just as christians have utter faith in a god that I have no interest in and no respect for

That is still a form of religion....Hermes often figures out in the practice of Witchcraft.

I believe in spirits including evil ones.

I tell you how to repel them non-religious - CLEAN UP!

Harmful organisms like bad bacteria or viruses or just about any living matter like blood from another person or animal can serve as the foothold of the devil. They can be utilized as a form of neural network for these other-worldly entities to take residence upon..

That is the relevance of blood-letting in Occult or Satanic Rituals, moreso, since our blood contains human DNA.

Literally cleaning up, disinfecting. Having a healthy lifestyle/diet will make a huge difference! And a less stinkier place!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I really don't believe a word you say. So you believe in demons but you don't believe in God? But you believe in Hermes? You sound confused. And rude--why would you insult a demon? How disrespectful. You seem very in to yourself. I hope you get your head out of your nether-regions before something bad happens to you. Worshiping yourself is very egocentric and foolish.

So what was the point of this thread? To make fun of people who believe in a higher power? I think all you succeeded with was making fun of yourself.

You think that you ascend beyond any higher power? Delusions of grandeur--check.

You keep contradicting yourself. I think you need help.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

I really don't believe a word you say. So you believe in demons but you don't believe in God? But you believe in Hermes? You sound confused. And rude--why would you insult a demon? How disrespectful. You seem very in to yourself. I hope you get your head out of your nether-regions before something bad happens to you. Worshiping yourself is very egocentric and foolish.

So what was the point of this thread? To make fun of people who believe in a higher power? I think all you succeeded with was making fun of yourself.

You think that you ascend beyond any higher power? Delusions of grandeur--check.

You keep contradicting yourself. I think you need help.

Oh you want rude?

You're the idiot who took it completely off the wall out of context

i said i have no respect for god

someone else wanted to say that those who i honor dont exist, and i believed he was trying to do the typical religious debate of god is real blah blah blah nothing else matters blah blah blah

so i retorted with neither is god

because frankly you cannot disprove the existence of something just by saying it doesnt exist and thats the religious zealotry
If you believe in god and say the ones i believe in dont exist
im going to say the christian god doesnt exist

its that simple

its a stupid game but a game nonetheless that is completely meaningless

Maybe you need basic reading skills so you can identify what is actually being said rather than pulling # out of your ass and putting it in my mouth

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm not being rude at all--nor do I want you to continue being rude.

I took nothing out of context. Everything I said was in direct response to what you said.

I'm saying that you can't say that a higher power doesn't exist and believe in demons and Hermes. That doesn't make any sense. I'm also saying that you're very egocentric and narcissistic. Which isn't out of my ass--it's just critical thinking based on your words. And yes, telling someone to go screw themselves is rude. As is what you just wrote to me.

I don't care if you believe in God or not. I'm just pointing out the glaring flaws in your 'logic'.

Sorry that what I said touched a nerve. Cognitive dissonance sure is funny, isn't it?

Maybe you need to learn to express yourself clearly. But go ahead, call me an idiot. I could really care less what you think about me. I think you need to worry more about yourself.

And while you're at it--get some class and stop being abusive. I really think you need help.

What I am saying is simple. I am sorry that you don't get it. Please go get help. You are unwell.
edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm not being rude at all--nor do I want you to continue being rude.

I took nothing out of context. Everything I said was in direct response to what you said.

I'm saying that you can't say that a higher power doesn't exist and believe in demons and Hermes. That doesn't make any sense. I'm also saying that you're very egocentric and narcissistic. Which isn't out of my ass--it's just critical thinking based on your words. And yes, telling someone to go screw themselves is rude. As is what you just wrote to me.

I don't care if you believe in God or not. I'm just pointing out the glaring flaws in your 'logic'.

Sorry that what I said touched a nerve. Cognitive dissonance sure is funny, isn't it?

Maybe you need to learn to express yourself clearly. But go ahead, call me an idiot. I could really care less what you think about me. I think you need to worry more about yourself.

And while you're at it--get some class and stop being abusive. I really think you need help.

What I am saying is simple. I am sorry that you don't get it. Please go get help. You are unwell.

now you're contradicting yourself
this is your attempt at argument?

first YOU say i dont believe in higher powers
then YOU acknowledge that i do believe in god

you're too stupid to even argue

Read the first post
AGAIN
and AGAIN
and AGAIN

in fact here is the quote

EXACTLY AS WRITTEN

so please take yourself and your stupidity out of the equation

originally posted by: Elysian Conviction is key though. I firmly believe that man does not require the INTERVENTION of higher powers. I do not kneel to the christian god

THERE IS NOTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLING THE PHRASE "I do not believe in higher powers" in ALL OF MY OPENING POST

Take your stupidity and go

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

First of all, calm down.

Next, you said something along the lines of "have fun worshiping your higher power" and then went along to say that you choose instead to ascend above those things.

Here is what you said:

a reply to: stosh64

Ha
Ha
Ha...
Ha
Ha
Not sure if thats enough "ha's"
I worship no one
I am my own

Also, I said that I don't care if you believe in God or not. I never said that you believed in God. So no, I didn't contradict myself.

I wasn't talking about your opening post, specifically. I was talking about the thread in general. As you can see, I was initially replying to a comment of yours, not your OP (the one where you said you told a demon to go screw itself). Why you assumed that I was talking about your OP is beyond me. You could have easily figured it out if you re-read your own thread. I didn't need to--because I already read it all and I have a great memory.

Take your ad hominem attacks and chill. If you don't like people replying then don't post.

I'm not arguing at all. This is supposed to be a discussion. Please stop taking everything as some personal attack. It's not. I'm sorry that being challenged makes you angry.

Maybe you should be the one re-reading things. I'm all good, thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

First of all, calm down.

Next, you said something along the lines of "have fun worshiping your higher power" and then went along to say that you choose instead to ascend above those things.

I wasn't talking about your opening post, specifically. I was talking about the thread in general. As you can see, I was replying to a comment of yours, not your OP.

Take your ad hominem attacks and chill. If you don't like people replying then don't post.

I'm not arguing at all. This is supposed to be a discussion. Please stop taking everything as some personal attack. It's not.

and again your stupidity is absolutely astounding
and again i debunk it by stating I DID NOT STATE THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE

everything is a personal attack
when people REFUSE to understand what is being said
when people REFUSE to acknowledge their mistakes
when you are SLANDERING a person and ACCUSING them of saying things they did NOT say
that IS a personal attack
and my reaction to such a personal attack is reserved for the people who commit the act

a reply to:

Apparently I forgot what the title of my own thread was

Im laughing my ass off so hard right now

this is a post i edited because i realized my mistake in thinking someone was taking what i posted out of context
i was in the middle of writing about how he was wrong
and as i went back and forth through ALL the posts i realized that what he was addressing wasnt in the posts, but rather it was the title of my own thread

and i had a laugh
i made a mistake
# happens and i can sit back and laugh about my mistakes

but what aggravates me to absolutely no end is people who consistently believe they are right when they are at the complete wrong end of the spectrum, when they are as far from right in their statements as is physically possible

Im more then happy to admit my mistakes

Its a learning experience, and it teaches me how to get better at not being wrong
To pay attention to what i say, because i know, that NOBODY else is going to pay attention to anything i say and i can shoot them down when they try to refute me

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I paid attention to everything you said--you, however, did not give me the same courtesy.

I already explained everything to you and I don't understand what you're talking about now or what that second quote about you laughing has to do with anything. I also hope that you saw how I quoted you in my last post.

I didn't slander you or accuse you of saying anything you didn't say. You, however, are slandering and accusing me and calling me stupid, which I find rather sad because what I said is only in response to what you've said.

For all you try to avoid being wrong--in this case you are indeed incorrect. The proof is in the pudding.

You are not well. I've already alerted the mods about this thread. As for me, I'm done talking to you because you are not rational. Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I paid attention to everything you said--you, however, did not give me the same courtesy.

I already explained everything to you and I don't understand what you're talking about now or what that second quote about you laughing has to do with anything. I also hope that you saw how I quoted you in my last post.

I didn't slander you or accuse you of saying anything you didn't say. You, however, are slandering and accusing me and calling me stupid, which I find rather sad because what I said is only in response to what you've said.

For all you try to avoid being wrong--in this case you are indeed incorrect. The proof is in the pudding.

You are not well. I've already alerted the mods about this thread. As for me, I'm done talking to you because you are not rational. Have a nice day.

Im the only rational one between us, i have your statements quoted i can go through and highlight everything for you.
Everything is there
All the proof that is needed
You made wrongful accusations, and i retaliated
and now you use my retaliation as an excuse

Im quite well but thank you for your concern
You however need to take some basic reading classes

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

in case you missed this one:

First of all, calm down.

Here is what you said:

Ha
Ha
Ha...
Ha
Ha
I worship no one
I am my own

Also, I said that I don't care if you believe in God or not. I never said that you believed in God. So no, I didn't contradict myself.

I wasn't talking about your opening post, specifically. I was talking about the thread in general. As you can see, I was initially replying to a comment of yours, not your OP (the one where you said you told a demon to go screw itself). Why you assumed that I was talking about your OP is beyond me. You could have easily figured it out if you re-read your own thread. I didn't need to--because I already read it all and I have a great memory.

I'm not arguing at all. This is supposed to be a discussion. Please stop taking everything as some personal attack. It's not. I'm sorry that being challenged makes you angry.

what you're doing to me is called transference.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

in case you missed this one:

First of all, calm down.

Here is what you said:

Ha
Ha
Ha...
Ha
Ha
I worship no one
I am my own

what you're doing to me is called transference.

and what you're doing is called editing
you realize its announced at the bottom of the post
and i've already quote that particular post

congratulations troll

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I inserted the quote. Go on and turn back a page and see what you wrote for yourself.

Have a good one.
edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: oh no not an edit!

edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: oh dear ANOTHER EDIT

edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: good LORD ANOTHER ONE?! oh the horror.

edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: editing is a CRIME. A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY. I'm SO GUILTY OF THE EDIT. LOCK ME UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I inserted the quote. Go on and turn back a page and see what you wrote for yourself.

Have a good one.

I have multiple times, and its not consistent with what you have in your "original" post
Considering yours are edited and mine are not, and each post has a time and date
you have nothing to support you

You have a good one too

Glad you could invalidate yourself

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join