It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not better because you lack religion!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You are wrong about this 'merely' making ME different in only this.

Choosing (I did.) not to believe requires folks with some sensibility to do a LOT OF WORK. Most believers just go with the flow. So we deviants need to demonstrate initiative, persistence, curiosity, logic, investigatory prowess and a willingness to put up with the constant barrage of BS perpetrated on the masses by people we genuinely feel are morons. Some of those blandishing their 'beliefs' are actually just con-men manipulating the folks who need something bigger than themselves to justify their breathing.

I deliberately made a decision to reject all beliefs. Why does this make ME want to accept others who never have reviewed their lives and beliefs?

They are NOBODY in a skin suit. I do not respect them. I do not like them (generally). They have little residual value after you subtract their beliefs, their cause to exist. Because? They are not adults.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

What you say can be applied to most people. They blindly follow ideas because it makes the most sense to them. This applies to religions, beliefs, ideologies, and even science - which is the least consistent of any belief system, we find out new things all the time and call the new things "facts"

Science fascinates me, but only as far as theories and hypothesis. Attempting to posit truths, or deny other beliefs is just ridiculous.

Rejecting all beliefs.. I can't believe that makes you more advanced. It makes you on the same level as anyone else. I don't believe in superiority by mind set, only by actions.

If you are out their being a philanthropic hero, saving lives, donating to different causes, I'd surely judge you to be "better" than a thug that does the opposite, but that's solely my judgement, and I have no agenda to convert others to said thinking.

Long story short I believe we are all equal, and our actions speak way louder than anything, a simple mindset does not make anyone superior, ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As a person who lacks a attenuation to an organized religion and also has knowledge in all the religion in the world, i see myself as someone who is more knowledgeable than a person with a narrow view.

If bunch of us are trapped in a maze, everyone else decided to take a path and run toward their chosen path... i sat there, studied the narrow walls and climbed up the walls, just to see people running around thinking "their way is the right way".

edit on 10/12/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Studying, observing, pondering, testing, solving, creating - these things make someone more knowledgeable than others, yes. Do they have a better mind, if not only temporarily, than some others? Sure. Are they better as a whole, are they superior? No.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Superior? of course not, i nor anyone should proclaim superiority for anything.. unless maybe when you can move things with your mind... but i digress.. i believe i will make better decision(politically and religiously) because i hold no bias over someone who is steeped into A religion.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Actually... if you label yourself as a christian (or whatever) the term "follower" is wholly appropriate.

You have another cheek, turn it

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jokei

Follower, okay, sheeple, no.

People are followers of many, many things.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Liberating yourself and then choosing what to adhere to is an adult action.
You choose to measure the worth of a person as expressed in actions.
Sometimes actions must be withheld but a person can still advance their thinking.
This is meta-change YOU will not necessarily perceive until after the physical event(s) unfold. The person is the same as they were before initiating the event. You changed, not them. Their worthiness is not measurable with the metric you impose.

What if they choose to donate heavily to a charity you recognize as worthy but it's in their will? Your change of opinion about the deceased does not cause anything to change but you. The only behavior evinced by this change of awareness about the deceased will be what precisely?
A knowing smile? What makes you better? As a person or judge? Your mental change. The drop in ignorance about the deceased.
After all, who do you really know?
Perhaps you feel that by mandating an equality position superior minds will cavil, stop their plotting and act as if everyone has genuinely equal impact on their plans or philosophy as do their genuine peers. They do not have simple mindsets unless they carved away the crap. Then it's just more efficient for the tasks they accept.

None of us are the true equal of another.
That's why there are testers and testees.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join