It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not better because you lack religion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It seems to be a trend on ats these days, people believing they are better, smarter, more enlightened because they don't conform to any religion, or perhaps lack belief in general. This does NOT make you better, it makes you different. Just as being a part of a religion and having certain beliefs doesn't make a person better.

People much more renowned in the world than all of us here have been a part of an organized religion.

People much more renowned in the world than all of us here have either lacked connection to an organized religion, or lacked belief in general.

The world is much more complex than one part of a person's life.

Calling someone a sheeple, a follower, acting like another lacks intelligence, in mind or in spirit because they conform to the same ideas as a massive religion does is extreme ignorance, bigotry, and just plain short sighted.

/end rant

Cheers Ats, have a good weekend.

( for the record, I am more spiritual, less religious. I am not defending myself in this post)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thats the world's problem . We have been segregated into thousands of little imaginary groups . INstead of just one group , one race - the HUMAN RACE
Peace and a good weekend to you ....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Those that are not programmed with alpha memes are smarter and contribute more to humanity than those programmed with memes.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
And the religious are not the chosen ones like they think they are.
Do you wonder why many fight religion?.
If religion did not try and creep into others lives we wouldn't have a problem.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm not condoning the mentality, actions and such of religious people, blanket statement. I am just pointing out a trend here on ats - the trend does go both ways. I am just taking this side of the argument in this post, since I've ran into several threads lately of people bashing on religion.
edit on 9-10-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Definitely agreed. We are all human, individual differences should not separate us, or cause arguments, wars, and such.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That you continually use the word "lack" as though it is some kind of deficiency shows the level of your bias.

We don't think we are better .In fact we think that there is hope for you yet.

I really hope you are drawing a distinction between religion and beliefs.

+2 more 
link   
Correct. Religion or no religion doesn't make one a better or worse human than anyone else. However, when is the last time an atheist, Wiccan, Buddhist, etc. knocked on your door, and told you to repent, or go to hell? Therein lies the point. It's not about being better than the religious. It's about religious elitism.

link   
Nice rant

You have a great weekend too

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You say bashing I say criticising.
Should I stop and say nothing?.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I'm not condoning the mentality, actions and such of religious people, blanket statement. I am just pointing out a trend here on ats - the trend does go both ways. I am just taking this side of the argument in this post, since I've ran into several threads lately of people bashing on religion.

Perhaps you are mistaking pointing out hypocrisy with bashing.

like this....

www.kvia.com...

wtf....

edit on 9-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Look , these so-called differences make no difference (wow). Religion-anti religious ,love the Green Bay packers/dont like the Packers , love chocolate ice cream/hate chocolate ice cream . In the words of HRC ,What difference does it make?
Peace to all .

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Is Jesus an Alien?

Are Aliens angels?

Are UFO's related to Jesus or aliens or angels?

If aliens, angels, UFO's or Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, Abraham, Zeus, Apollo, et al do not and have never existed then the planet Earths inhabitants have, are and will continue to suffer from a mass psychosis the likes of which is simply indescribable.

therefore - the matrix.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't believe in gods, goblins, ghosts, pixies, souls, dragons, angels, demons, or any other unverifiable claimed woo-woo stuff you can imagine.
I don't consider myself 'better' than people who believe in such things, but I will reserve the right to find amusement regarding your beliefs.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
However, when is the last time an atheist, Wiccan, Buddhist, etc. knocked on your door, and told you to repent, or go to hell? Therein lies the point. It's not about being better than the religious. It's about religious elitism.

Religious elitism? Did that question in anyway affect you other than a minor inconvenience?

How about someone asking you if your Christian then blowing your head off.

You are so persecuted by those annoying Christians, how dare they care about your soul!

pffff.............

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have no issue with faith, and having a relationship with a higher being, whomever you want to call them.

I do have an issue with religion. Rules that seem to have not moved with the times and can be very narrow in their definition of right and wrong, and not bending or evolving with the socio-economic times of the world.

I grew up in a church for 18 years, granted methodists, very laid back, parents never pushed it. I look back on it with fondness and nostalgia.

What will be will be.

Questioning? asking why? is not antagonising. It is asking questions, trying to understand a religious/faithful stand point.

I know when I questioned Christianity it answered with more questions, hence why I don't follow any particular religion.

Be kind. Be Patient. Treat those how you will be treated and you may get rewarded, you may not, but at least you know you have been the best version of yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Klassified
However, when is the last time an atheist, Wiccan, Buddhist, etc. knocked on your door, and told you to repent, or go to hell? Therein lies the point. It's not about being better than the religious. It's about religious elitism.

Religious elitism? Did that question in anyway affect you other than a minor inconvenience?

How about someone asking you if your Christian then blowing your head off.

You are so persecuted by those annoying Christians, how dare they care about your soul!

pffff.............

Nice straw man you built there, Stosh.

Nail on head. Thanks for making my point.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I once let some Mormons in, just out of curiosity, and for the fun of messing with their heads. They didn't tell me I had to join them or go to hell. They were actually very friendly and respectful. I got the strong impression that they felt their teachings and community were of great value, and were simply trying to share what they received out of gratitude. While I didn't convert, I wish them and the community they're working to serve well.

By contrast I've heard quite a bit of bigotry from atheists on the net. I hope I'm right in thinking that it's just a vocal minority and they're more polite in person.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

We're not bashing religion...we are just tired of them playing the victim card.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
when i became a christian, everything went bonkers. my friends who i had been partying buddies with, abandoned me. other christians began to hyper scrutinize and criticize every area of my life, men of all kinds, suddenly became seriously interested in depriving me of my virginity, much moreso than before i became a christian, people, whether religious or not, were emotionally abusive. i remember thinking at the time: WTFlip just happened!?!?! You can't make this # up!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join