It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"if you don't like Australia, leave".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

The protest doesn`t show us to be racist either, though some there may be just that, also Muslim is not a race.

Muslim may not be a race, but my educated guess would be that at least 90% of people attending the anti-muslim rally wouldn't have a single kind thing to say about non-white people... Although, at least 40% of them would constantly say "I'm not racist but", before saying something totally racist.

Central Victoria is a cesspool of small minded racists... Trust me, I live here.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

/applause

Now we need them to snitch on any extremists who don't leave and stay.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yes they are usually of the bogan variety who have a map of Australia on the back of their car which says #uck off we`re full on it.

But They don`t represent the majority of Australia.

If your worried about what other countries think or make out Australia to be by these types don`t sweat it, all countries have their type of bogan.

edit on 9-10-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If you don't like it leave, said the aborigines to the settlers.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I see your from England .

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I see your from England .

Which means he should know... being an imperial master of our prison colonies, and all that. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yes I am from England so what. The settlers were mostly English and treated the aborigines appallingly as they continue to do so. I notice the British/English settlers didn't assimilate with the culture of Austrailia back then. Maybe if they didn't like the aboriginal culture they should of left.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

How well did it work for the aborigines to let the settlers stay?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: gps777

The protest doesn`t show us to be racist either, though some there may be just that, also Muslim is not a race.

Muslim may not be a race, but my educated guess would be that at least 90% of people attending the anti-muslim rally wouldn't have a single kind thing to say about non-white people... Although, at least 40% of them would constantly say "I'm not racist but", before saying something totally racist.

Central Victoria is a cesspool of small minded racists... Trust me, I live here.

Can i just ask you a question? your avatar do you actualy know what it stands for?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

So I guess you still do the Celtic rituals and build stone henges or something or did you and the populace of England progress?

Same as us and the Aborigines we progressed from those times and still continue with problems from it.

But this is a big thread derail, the topic is about a Muslim leader saying to radical type Muslims if you don`t like Australia leave.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's obvious the point was missed.

It was about tolerance, a slap in the face to the xenophobic agenda sweeping through our country.

it is why we were also told it's not "mandatory" to live here.. that part applies directly to those born here, to the lynch mobs.. to those that want further division in our already heavily multicultural society.

It applies.. to EVERYBODY. it was an attempt to *quell* the rising xenophobia

It saddens me greatly to see just how far off the mark that statement landed.

But please... don't let the truth stop you, just twist it to your own agenda and we'll all get through the next few months a-ok eh... I have read and heard so much today and it seems only a very small percent actually understood what today was all about.

Hate to see what happens when we get hit for real, not just a lone nut.. we'd tear the citys apart looking for the "bad guys".. and anything that remotely looks like one.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

You needn't be confused. Your Government and the controlling Elites are selling you and your family out and this Mufti is playing a propaganda head fake. Simple really. Before long, Australia will be "Sharia" compliant and if you complain, you'll be dragged off to the stoning pit. You could of course try to defend yourself and your family, but....all you have left is sticks and rocks.

Good luck!
edit on 9-10-2015 by TonyS because: correction

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
it's not like we dont have other topics in our country that arnt important as this distraction, oh like the TPP for one.
or our # political leaders or medical system, education system privatised utilities.
for a country that has some of the richest natural resources and only 22+ million people can i ask WTF is going on and why the hell are these morons arguing about an invisible sky daddy when our country is being fed to the shredder.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I know exactly what it stands for.

It was the official flag of the Eureka Stockade, which was a rebellion by gold miners in Ballarat (1854) who fought against the British army and Victoria police, for fair working conditions.

It was what lead to our independence from the British and is probably why the ' fair days pay for a hard days work' mentality is so important to most of us Aussies... Remember what happened when Howard tried to take our 'work rights' from us?

Our work rights are like the Aussie version of the 2nd amendment.

Yes, I'm well aware that racists have misrepresented its meaning and used the flag to represent some disgraceful 'white only Australia' ideology.

But that's just a delusional misrepresentation. The actual meaning of the Eureka Stockade flag is 'anti-establishment' and about standing up to TPTB against repression.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
tell me you weren't away that long researching.
yes the multicultural uprising against the establishment ending in the slaughter of nearly all involved.
btw star for your post!

edit on 9-10-2015 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Qumulys

You needn't be confused. Your Government and the controlling Elites are selling you and your family out and this Mufti is playing a propaganda head fake. Simple really. Before long, Australia will be "Sharia" compliant and if you complain, you'll be dragged off to the stoning pit. You could of course try to defend yourself and your family, but....all you have left is sticks and rocks.

Good luck!

If you truly believe that, then you have already lost.
And you've forgotten what it means to be Australian, forgotten our strengths, our ability to adapt and overcome any obstacle facing our nation.

the "muzzies" wont kill us, but if we keep down this path.. the agenda's of the dividing voices will cause irreparable damage to our multicultural society.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

My grandparents live in Ballarat, I was raised learning about how important the Eureka Stockade was to our current quality of life.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Absolutely the major things that are happening around the globe and especially the TPP in what that can entail for us all yet its pretty quiet on it through the media.

As far a this topic is concerned a country doesn`t need to be multicultural to have a few nut jobs running around but its worse if they are raised to be, the country isn`t going to implode with xenophobia over this. It would if they do try taking over the country and making us change our way of life. Heck a few years back ( forget his name) a Muslim leader in Indonesia had said they had a plan to take over the top end of Australia and make it an Islamic state.

There is an element of Muslims who do want to conquer, so I keep that in mind. That's not xenophobia.

edit on 9-10-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
this is the thing, as you said nearly 90% of the people in middle victoria as in NSW & queensland a hardcore racist i can attest to this, but the pure fact is we have had multiculturalsim in this country for 6 generations, or going back to when the boats first hit the shore to when we first struck gold.
chinese familys stretch back to 5 generations, alot of Australians cant understand this fact, the eureka stockade was held by people from all around the world protecting thier claim, this fact was not taught in schools, infact in NSW the eureka stockade was not even mentioned in the education system in the 80's and 90's.
this current mind set is a product of our former white australia policy, after all look back at it, you are from victoria as are your ancestors, mainly irish, which hated the english with a vengence. Ned Kelly was excecuted 1880 and anti establishment beliefs amongst the irish community was high, so in effect australia very much had ethnic minority's right from it's inception.
how can a nation of lower class people all of whitch hated the ruling elitist (except south australia) turn around inside three generations and love the monarchy and forget thier roots and ties.
war and bull# propaganda, after gallipoli well you know the story, then the white australia policy came in and well people in australia today have had story's like the rum rebellion erased from thier collective memories, they are lost, like sheep.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Why should we be so concerned with being classed as racist all the time? This is brainwashing rhetoric that's been spouted for the last 15yrs or so to make US feel guilty for THEM that don't want to integrate and are the most "racist" people on the planet! But it seems its ok for others to be racist just not us or any indigenous population. It has to work both bloody ways or you just widen the gap and encourage non-integration and to all intents and purposes apartheid states

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join