It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"if you don't like Australia, leave".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Blind patriotism is just as stupid as extremist religious beliefs

Is it . I was born here , i love my country , in fact i like the way we have moved away from singing about god saving queen lizzy beth . I love the way we have moved away from living of the sheep's back . I believe our true defining moments are still in front of us , but we have to remember where we have come from . Guilty as a patriot .

Nothing wrong with your historic links to the Commonwealth and England, you should rejoice them, after all, whatever Australians think, that was what "founded" Australia.

But absolutely rejoice in your own identity, but I find it pathetic when you claim you were living off a sheeps back, its your history.

I came over from England on a Scarce Skills program to train young Aussies, I win, you win.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

The thing is, this happens every generation. Immigrants from a particular region flood in and everybody gets all revved up and decides there going to destroy our way of life, aren't compatible to our culture, don't speak the language and refuse assimilate... Or whatever other nonsense people come up with.

Every generation claims we're going to be taken over and the sky is going to collapse because of these new immigrants and there "strange" ways... But guess what? It never happens, because its irrational, ignorant BS!

In my dads day it was the Greeks (and Italians to a lesser extent), but now Australian Greeks are just as much apart of Australian culture as Kangaroo's and boomerangs, lol. Then when I was a teenager it was the Vietnamese that where going to over run us and destroy our way of life, but now there the doctors, lawyers and whatever other important professions within our society.

All this fear mongering and paranoia is irrational and completely unfounded, evident by history.

We are a nation of immigrants, which was built by immigrants.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Difference being the Greeks & the Italians do NOT force their culture & religion onto others, do NOT believe that all non-muslims are infidels and deserve to die and do NOT run around Australian suicide bombing hijacking planes or declaring war on whities. They integrated they were compatible and were an asset to the society they chose to live in. The did NOT have an agenda of spreading the word of Allah to non-believers or keeping their distance from the infidels.

That is why people worry, when they know that the Islamic faith despise non=believers, when they see that for the last 20yrs or so the majority of international terrorism has been committed by Muslims, when they see the mess of the ME, because they feel their way of life is threatened, and I don't think anyone can be blamed for that, whether it is an agenda conspiracy or whatever

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Difference being the Greeks & the Italians do NOT force their culture & religion onto others, do NOT believe that all non-muslims are infidels and deserve to die and do NOT run around Australian suicide bombing hijacking planes or declaring war on whities. They integrated they were compatible and were an asset to the society they chose to live in. The did NOT have an agenda of spreading the word of Allah to non-believers or keeping their distance from the infidels.

Why would you assume all Muslims are like that? Is that what you saw on fox news?

I've worked with a few Afghans and none of them were extremist about anything or tried to force the word of Allah onto me at all, they were just people, like you and me. I even worked with a young Afghan chick who was onto me big time not long ago, she'd giggle every time I spoke and slightly pull back her head scraff every time she saw me look her way... it was kind of cute really, lol

Of course theirs going to be a few bad apples, there always is. But at the end of the day there just people like us... Its just delusional crap about how people claim they want to blow anyone who isn't Muslim up.

It'd be like saying Americans shouldn't be allowed into Australia, because they all want to blow up abortion clinics and shoot up our schools... Obviously, complete nonsense!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It is their faith, it is what is in their religious books and doctinres. Its not in the Bible to go shooting up schools and blowing up abortion clinics isn't in the Bible either and isn't exactly a daily occurrence is it? When someone's faith tells them "this is what you will believe and this is what you will do" and the pious follow it believing its right and holy, then there is no chance of the culture integrating with another.

Yes we all know a Muslim who isn't a jihadist extremist or whatever, just like we all know someone who isn't a mass killer..apples & oranges. I was lucky enough to do the hippie trail through iran iraq & Aghanistan back in the 70's great places Kabul especially with great people for the most part, but they wouldn't want you marrying their daughter. They have their perceptioins of us just as much we them

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Yup, its good to go, i got the word today about it.
Slap that shirt on and wear it with conviction. Take some selfies and post them on your Social media with you wearing this shirt. Even take a pic of yourself with the middle finger wearing that shirt. ..ill do the same

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I think those shirts are VERY patriotic...and I would buy one myself

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
How can't you like Ausralia? I'm a newbie in Melbourne, but I'm in love with this city
Why? It's full of high building and luxury hotels, it's a great place for making my dream come true. I want to build a shopping mall, get a construction loan with legal help of these www.financeadvocates.com.au... guys, save some earnings and create the best place for entertainment in the whole Australia! It's going to be legen... wait for it... dary! Legendary!

<< 1  2   >>

join