It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest 3D Printer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
3D printing is going to be a huge market in the future and an impact to certain work force. The following printer takes multi materials () and only requires 10's of watts to work.

I can envision local print shops were consumers can send their request for large items such as cars (detachable body), mobile homes,storage rooms, bunkers, etc and consumers can buy directly via an amazon type market if it already doesn't exist.

Same thing for permanent structures where the consumer orders online and the 3D printer can be delivered on a mobile platform to do he job.

Cool times we are living in if you can overlook all the chaos .

www.jetsongreen.com...

The primary goal of this machine is providing emergency relief housing to people in need, such as those in areas affected by earthquakes, floods, war or other disasters.

Big Delta is a 3D printer created by the Italian engineering company WASP (World’s Advanced Saving Project) and what sets it apart from other printers is it’s sheer size. It’s 40 feet (12 m) tall and was created with the purpose of rapidly building nearly free housing using local naturally occurring materials. As such it is perfect for offering emergency relief housing, but it could easily become more than that.

edit on 461031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 12:46:38 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Thats pretty cool, all the fun stuff I could make with a 40 ft. tall 3D printer!!! S&F Thanks for the cool read.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

A massive 3d printed statue of me looking all regal like

Joking aside this tech really is the future I did see it in action and it can make a house in a day.
I wonder If they will be cheaper then normal housing?.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well that's awasome. I believe that the 3d printer will put a huge dent in the carpenter and steel scaffolding / building trade.

This apartment was built by a 3d printer

www.cnet.com...

The possibilitiesare endless! !!! ! I also saw where a robot lays bricks faster and more precise than any human..

www.gizmag.com...

Let's pair these two up!!!!'

Great find OP thanks for sharing! !!!! !

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

10 houses in the structure and it cost 161k 16k a house..I want one

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am confused by the title...world's largest 3d printer?

12m x 12m x 12m (build volume) was printing at the 2014 World 3D Printing Technology Industry Conference and Exhibition held in Qingdao.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

#TRUSTORY ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I can see (no pun intended) the new wave of homes on the beach... Hurricane? NO worries; repair the land and sand and we'll have your new home poured and dried in time to pick up the dry cleaning tomorrow evening

ETA: Sorry your car was totaled, we'll just take out the engine and tranny and drop it in the new 3D printed shell waiting in the warehouse, BTW would you like a different color this time Mr. ReaDlEAder?

What chya say we pitch in and get us one of these bad boyeez Monkey?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Heck I couldn't even afford a lego one lol.

www.instructables.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Imagine the stuff we could make If we had a massive 3d printer in space!!.

Check this out

www.space.com...

So jelly of people born today

edit on 8-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Sorry your car was totaled, we'll just take out the engine and tranny and drop it in the new 3D printed shell waiting in the warehouse, BTW would you like a different color this time Mr. ReaDlEAder?

Yeah, I also can see a market where you buy a chassis with engine from a dealer and then are able to purchase or rent body types for the car as you need it. Oh I need to pickup some gardening and wood supplies from home depot just rent the truck body during check out. Or maybe you feel like a jeep this weekend or .......

What chya say we pitch in and get us one of these bad boyeez Monkey?

Hey what about me , I'm in.
edit on 351031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 13:35:19 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Serial! One really kewl thing that comes to mind right off is building my 150 foot yacht; with our new printer Monkey, we would be able to mass produce these and still afford to hire the Captain @ 150K per year and staff of 4-5-

I would also propose that we make a man-made island to navigate to. The heck with using up earths resources, lets fabricate one!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow, image how big of a 3D printer you can make parts for with a 40ft printer.....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just curios, but can a 3d printer, print out another 3d printer?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Yup.
I remember a few years back when the first came out one came out with the plans to actually make more 3d printers with the original one.
So they have little 3d printer babies

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If that's the case, I don't see why they would be on expensive side

top topics

join