It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Christians stop with the persecution complex.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

So questioning religion and criticizing it is wrong? I openly admit I hate religion but not the people who follow it.
This is about the perceived persecution western Christians bleat all the time but are not actually persecuted.
Is questioning and challenging religion now persecution?.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

disagreeing with obvious flaws is persecution

Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You do realize while you run around demonizing and putting down someone else's deeply held belief they probably aren't going to take it well right? I'm more of the position of "to each his own", so I just don't care. Live and let live. You truly believe yourself to be that much smarter than everyone else that you're sure you're right? I guess I'm just not that full of myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA

You do realize while you run around demonizing and putting down someone else's deeply held belief they probably aren't going to take it well right? I'm more of the position of "to each his own", so I just don't care. Live and let live. You truly believe yourself to be that much smarter than everyone else that you're sure you're right? I guess I'm just not that full of myself.

Well, apparently you care enough to criticize and insult boymonkey74. Perhaps you are more full of yourself than you would like to admit.

It's called hypocrisy....
edit on 9-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thing is like I have said many times i had no fight against religion until the religious took the fight to me and people I care about.
I then started to study religion in it's many forms and saw what it does to control people and their thoughts.
Then we see the religious attempt to destroy science and fact all to try and prove their brand right. (just check out the ID crowd proved liars in a court of law).
They attempt to take over what should be for all (marriage) and tell people they are sinners for being human? I'm not standing by when they do this even If you would.
Sorry dude If we all did nothing and didn't question religion we would be living in a theocracy.
I for one will fight to the death to stop that from happening.
Like I said If religion was kept private and didn't attempt to force me to live how they want I would have had no problem.
edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Some sure do think so don't they lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There are no gods for me, even if there are gods in existence. It would take a lot to make me believe. And even then, I still want a better definition of a god. Let's say a god was discovered. Well the supernatural becomes the natural and thus our knowledge increases. That's speaking of an external being. But some say god is discovered within. That seems very personal and unique to the individual. If I seek within would I find the same as others? Not likely. What I'd expect to find would be something that ultimately came from me. Are we our own gods? What does that mean? Certainly not that we can create universes or destroy them. But surely some form empowerment. Our subconscious minds are powerful things. Just look at the wealth of things that can be gleaned from dreams. Could the subconscious also be fueling so called personal relationships with a god or goddess? Guiding from what seems like an external force? Interesting things to consider, in my opinion.
edit on 10-9-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: changed the word 'garnered' to 'gleaned'

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Raggedyman

Not an atheist so....

So your persecution complex is based on something else, still a persecution problem.

I dont have to defend because I dont feel persecuted.

You do and atheist agnostic or religious, you do

I respect your right to choose, not your attitude towards others.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't think it's that they feel persecuted as much as it's that they feel like they see it coming more and more by way of their brethren (fellow Christians) who are indeed being persecuted.

And who's to say they're wrong for it? Maybe they're no different than every other group that saw themselves being treated worse and worse.

This is one of the many reasons why I don't go to church, or have a "Religion" so to speak.

I'm definitely a believer, but I refuse to subscribe to one of the many factions out there. I choose to believe in God, and live a good life to the best of my abilities. I have faith that God knows good people from bad.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So questioning religion and criticizing it is wrong? I openly admit I hate religion but not the people who follow it.
This is about the perceived persecution western Christians bleat all the time but are not actually persecuted.
Is questioning and challenging religion now persecution?.

Its a rant forum, so we expect ranting.

This is where your words belong

You are no better than those you abuse.

I know good people and bad people, irrespective of belief.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Now it's abuse is it? lol.
Please.....
Keep it up you keep proving my OP.
edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Now it's abuse is it? lol.
Please.....
Keep it up you keep proving my OP.

So this is a honey pot to prove a point?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Wasn't meant to be but they keep on falling in it and proving my point.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Your assuming I am a Christian

better you check your facts before playing the game

I knew Christians who are just like you, knew some who I would prefer to than your kind

Must be so nice in all that smug

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The more they cry and followed by nothing happening, the less their "crying" would effect in the long run.

The boy who cried wolf effect.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ah you want a hug? Is the monkeys words hard for you to accept? Poor snowflake.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ah you want a hug? Is the monkeys words hard for you to accept? Poor snowflake.

Let's dance
Your comments have no substance or value
You seem to run from discussion

At the very least you are deflecting, hiding, showing a bravado with little value than talk that offers nil context.

Are you a Male?
Man up

Speak your mind, we are equals.

Mum isn't here so speak your mind, no fear, red bull, monster me with more than a hug

It's ok to show your feelings, they are yours

Snowflake? Really?
Is that your best? Very best?

I am cut to the very bone

Great substance, great reply, touché

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

By your definition, nobody in the United States, Christians, Gays, Blacks, Women, none of them have a right to complain. Gays are shoved off buildings and shot for good measure. Saudi Arabia blamed "Africans" for that stampede that killed more than a thousand. Indians are virtual slaves their too. Women? Maybe you haven't heard, but they aren't allowed to drive, or be out without a male chaperone. Do women in the US, who in some regards do much better than men have no right to complain? I mean women in Africa are having their genitals mutilated en masse!

So if Christians don't have a claim on persecution with the ACLU eradicating every presence of Christianity, regardless of lack of complaints, historical importance, or the will of the population and, demanding that THEY (Christians) bake a wedding cake regardless that their is aAnother bakery across the street, or outright attacks on the livelihood of an innocent Pizza shop owner who was ambushed by an irresponsible journalist asking a theoretical question about something completely unrelated, and now them being executed in school (Oregon shooting). Tell me again how Christians are not being targetted in America. These are orchestrated, focused attacks, and short of the whole Kim Davis debacle (who I think should be fired and jailed). Gay marriage is now legal. Single College educated women now out earn ssingle college educated men. And a Muslim kid, who's sister called in a bomb threat and who's father believes evil Jews actually flew planes into the Twin Towers, and who brings the circuit board of a clock mounted in a suitcase and indistinguishable from a real suitcase bomb is invited to the White House by the President himself, while other kids who make an L shaped pop tart and play cops and robbers are suspended and not a freaking word.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

So if Christians don't have a claim on persecution with the ACLU eradicating every presence of Christianity, regardless of lack of complaints, historical importance, or the will of the population and, demanding that THEY (Christians) bake a wedding cake regardless that their is aAnother bakery across the street, or outright attacks on the livelihood of an innocent Pizza shop owner who was ambushed by an irresponsible journalist asking a theoretical question about something completely unrelated, and now them being executed in school (Oregon shooting). Tell me again how Christians are not being targetted in America. These are orchestrated, focused attacks, and short of the whole Kim Davis debacle (who I think should be fired and jailed). Gay marriage is now legal. Single College educated women now out earn ssingle college educated men. And a Muslim kid, who's sister called in a bomb threat and who's father believes evil Jews actually flew planes into the Twin Towers, and who brings the circuit board of a clock mounted in a suitcase and indistinguishable from a real suitcase bomb is invited to the White House by the President himself, while other kids who make an L shaped pop tart and play cops and robbers are suspended and not a freaking word.

Calling assholes assholes is not persecution. Calling idiots idiots is not persecution. Calling bigots bigots is not persecution. Pointing out blatantly breaking laws under the guise of "but my religinz!!" is not persecution. Pointing out retards who can't distinguish circuit boards from explosive materials is not persecution. Allowing all citizens to marry other consenting adults is not persecution. Pay differences between genders is not persecution (did you seriously effing go there?!)

You're sharing a swath of the planet with many different people, along with a multitude rights you and you alone aren't privy to by default. If you want second-class citizens, the Middle East is waiting for you. If you prefer where you are, I suggest swallowing your pride, ceasing soiling your pants over everything, and actually acting like it's everyone's right, not just a bible thumper's story-given privilege. IF you were being persecuted at all, your rights & freedom to whine about it would completely vaporize. Then you'd have something to bitch about.

Enough with the crybabying. Grow the hell up.
edit on 10/10/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's when you stop caring like I did. A world ruled by the PC and SJWs is not my world.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join