It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq leans toward Russia in war on Islamic State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

An extract from this says:

"But in Iraq, the head of parliament's defence and security committee said Baghdad may request Russian air strikes against Islamic State on its soil soon and wants Moscow to have a bigger role than Washington in fighting the group.

Iraq's government and powerful Iranian-backed Shi'ite militias question the United States' resolve in fighting Islamic State militants, who control a third of the country, saying U.S.-led coalition air strikes are ineffective.

“We might be forced to ask Russia to launch air strikes in Iraq soon ... and that depends on their success in Syria," Hakim al-Zamili told Reuters."

Well I think the message is coming across loud and clear both United States and its allies aren't really wanted or needed any more in the Middle East so why not save ourselves a lot of money and grieve and leave Russia and its allies to it. I don't want WW3 and I do believe that only the Countries who are wanted there SHOULD BE THERE. We are like annoying neighbours who wants to be on everything but aren't really serving much purpose. Maybe start concentrating on our countries for a change!! Its not like we haven't all got our own problems without keeping ourselves busy with our neighbour's problems!

Bit by bit we are being shown the door I think we should take the hint and leave.

The article makes for some interesting reading. Russia are also saying that the allies haven't always been hitting ISIS in their bombing campaign? Who have we been bombing then? The plot thickens.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

In the other hand it is the Russians' and Iranians' turn to bleed. Too many of our boys and girls have died for nothing in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What is it now? Nearly 15 years of invading the middle east and the west has proved incompetent and done nothing but make things worse. And we weren't even invited to be there.

Will Russia do any better? No idea.

It would be an interesting event however if after all these years Russia became the occupying force in Iraq, afghanistan, Libya andof course Syria. When I say occupying I mean invited and welcomed.

As for what Russia says about the USA not always hitting Isis? Maybe the Iraqi and Syrian armies were targets when deemed appropriate? I haven't seen any proof of that however. If it means civilians, well we are all used to and it seems numb to calataral damage now it seems.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Iraqs a country standing on its own and dont need the US permission to do anything. Remember they asked th e US troops to leave and they did. ANything after thats is on them.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Iraq wants "Doers" not "Ditherers"....The US higher ups probably all have shares in military companies and its in their interests
to prolong these engagements.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ken10
Iraq wants "Doers" not "Ditherers"....The US higher ups probably all have shares in military companies and its in their interests
to prolong these engagements.

Considering no US troops ar e in Iraq anymore that be a neat trick.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Really, So how is the US engaging ISIS in Iraq then ?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Nexttimemaybe
Nearly 15 years of invading the middle east and the west has proved incompetent and done nothing but make things worse.

oh well, you win some & you lose some...its on too North Korea

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah the way its going we might have to ask Russia to bomb Chicago and take over other police and military services in America as well…maybe they could even help in the mass shootings

Putin-- though imperfect--is at least better than Bush and Obama put together as a leader

America is falling apart!
edit on 7-10-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ken10

Or what was the recent cry about Russia bombing US assets ....Could those be the US/CIA covert operations ?? makes one wonder eh ?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Really, So how is the US engaging ISIS in Iraq then ?

Airstrikes YES american troops No. See the diffrence?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is about to get interesting.

If Obama is not doing anything else but shanting in his pants - I guess this would be perfect time to start doing something about Iraq.

Russian game plan is clear. Get into Gulf. Draw a continuum of presence from Syria to Iran.

That said, I hope they blow Saudis to oblivion. And for that, they are free to keep the spoils.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I don't think i made a distinction, I merely said "Engagements"

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Has all this going on with Russia and the ME made anyone think back to the whisper caught on a hot mic from Obama to Putin... " after my election I'll have more flexibility" ....not saying it has anything to do with current events but could be a glimpse of the two leaders real relationship

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I would chalk this up as another loss to the USA.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

In the other hand it is the Russians' and Iranians' turn to bleed. Too many of our boys and girls have died for nothing in Iraq.

They didn't die for nothing...

US and Saudi corporations profited remarkably..

Chin up, the elite got richer - that's all your good for.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yet another example of the spectacular failure of American foreign policy.

You just can't ransack a nation, murder it's leader, disassemble it's army and leave everyone in a power vacuum then expect everything to come out roses.

Who knows if Russia will be a better leader in this than the USA was, but this would never have happened if it were not for US meddling in a continent it does not belong on.

In fact, here is American foreign policy right here

edit on 8-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don't think i made a distinction, I merely said "Engagements"

Excuse me but we both know youre trying to be cute. Troops imply ARMY correct? ANd where do troops usually deploy? on the ground. Now a drone or a aircraft has a PILOT. They FLY these things called aircraft. See the subtle difference now? If asked by the Iraqis they too would stop as well. The iraqi leadership may not publicly support this but you can bet behind closed doors they will take any help they can get.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Whoa, Now you are seeing things that aren't there !!!...... "TROOPS"....Where did I state troops ?.....I said engagements.

And yes I am cute, My Mum and Dad made me that way....lol

top topics

join