It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to offer kudos to an evangelical group

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If you have read any of my posts, I am pretty hardcore agnostic. For the last two nights, my crew and a crew of evangelicals known as Cowboys for Christ have hung out at a charity event together. I would like to give the Cowboys for Christ group a great deal of credit for showing no judgement towards anyone. We all sat and dined together, some of us with beers or mixed drinks. No judgement was voiced, yet they all seemed to live their lives according to the word. We fellowshipped together, no harsh words were spoken, and we all raised money for a great cause. Sometimes life is as simple as joining your neighbors, no matter what their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Congrads, Agreed & Amen. S & F . Fellowship is good for the soul.

I would be remiss if I did not add... even those who may not have the "faith" or believe....would agree, life is precious and every day (especially spent with loved ones) is very special!

edit on 4-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Congrads, Agreed & Amen. S & F . Fellowship is good for the soul.

I would be remiss if I did not add... even those who may not have the "faith" or believe....would agree, life is precious and every day (especially spent with loved ones) is very special!

We give thanks every day, for the family that is left in this world, and for those who have passed before us. There is not a one of us who leaves another family member without telling them we love them.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I used to ride. Grew up on motorcycles. I tried not to be the steroe typical biker. A lady at a BBQ joint approached me one day and asked "why do you biker people always hug one another so much"?

I politely answered her and stated, "it's because this might be the last time we see each other Ma'am" fellow. BIkers know the code....

I've since sold my sled and resorted to one with pedals....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's good that you got to see the true face of Christianity instead of the vocal attention whore judgmental revivalists everyone loves to hate

link   
DP
edit on 4-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

link   
wow, triple post. PLease delete
edit on 4-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I used to ride. Grew up on motorcycles. I tried not to be the steroe typical biker. A lady at a BBQ joint approached me one day and asked "why do you biker people always hug one another so much"?

I politely answered her and stated, "it's because this might be the last time we see each other Ma'am" fellow. BIkers know the code....

I have watched my wife ride rodeo for many many years, I wake her each morning with a kiss, her knowing that there is a cup of coffee close by. None of us are promised tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
It's good that you got to see the true face of Christianity instead of the vocal attention whore judgmental revivalists everyone loves to hate

I will agree with you on this one, I didn't want to punch anyone in the throat. I am agnostic, I don't hate christians, but you try to shove something down my throat, I have a problem. Sad thing is, I have probably read the bible more than you, and you are going to try and blow smoke up my behind.

ETA: Not you personally
edit on 10/4/2015 by BubbaJoe because: Beacause I did not want to be rude to a person not being rude

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I have ridden, but my moments came when I was in the military. My brothers and sisters in arms had no problem hugging each other, we had all signed out name on that line. If stuff went down, it went down for all of us.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Same concept. Same love towards brothers/sisters. Thanks for your service

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Same concept. Same love towards brothers/sisters. Thanks for your service

You are welcome, I am sure many here on ATS deserve those thanks, and I would like to pass them on.

The concept that agnostics do not know the difference between good and evil, or that they are not willing to give to the community they live in, is bogus.

Last night we had a religious group and an agnostic group give to the same cause, at the same event, and fellowshipped together. I have no idea what was given, but if I had to guess, it was pretty even.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I'm a strong anti-theist but I have no issue starring and flagging this post.

Naturally as an antitheist I believe religion has more cons than pros, yet intrinsic to that is my acknowledgement that religion does do some good. This is just that instance.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hang on BubbaJoe, you're not bashing Christians? I dont think you get the spirit of ATS.

new topics

top topics

join