It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aloha Woman Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

People will say that "it only takes 20 feet with a knife" blah, blah, but NEVER state that the cops put themselves in that position in the first place.

Just like that 13 y/o kid in Ohio playing with a toy gun. Cops pulled right up on him and then claimed they had to shoot him to defend themselves.....because...you...know...they were too close to him.......

this so uncommon, you know... common sense.

well said.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Surprised somebody who has a daughter that can shoot a Browning at 5 years old at 25 yards doesn't understand the concept of center mass shooting.

Curious.

Surprised somebody who is trained to deal with knife wielders doesn't know to stay far enough away from them so that they don't have to "fear for their life"...........

Curious.

Surprised ATS is making the assumption that the knife was displayed as soon as the officer arrived. And assuming that the 21 foot "rule" is some hard and fast thing that can't ever be gone against. You know, like if you and I are in the same room and you pull a knife, I don't have to leave the room so I get outside 21 feet.

So many assumptions. Which isn't surprising at all, I guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Agreed ..Sham. as mentioned before. We don't have all the facts. .. good point. .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Good point.
I agree that it's difficult to handle these situations well.
My main focus was on the use of deadly force vs if there were effective alternatives available just as readily.
Would a major increase in less lethal weapons/force make it easier or harder for LEOs to react better under stress? Considering their knowledge that they can only debilitate the aggressor, it may cause concern in tense moments where it's justifiable. But I can easily imagine a marked ease among officers knowing that in these situations, they would have readily available options to handle even a major threat without having to risk such incredible damage.
Taser bullets have my vote

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I agree that their effectiveness is trumped by their jump to harsh method.
What if these securities had just as much access to effective disabling weapons that don't kill?
I think more effort and funding should go into less lethal options.
Like Taser bullets.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So the cops were called about a lady standing in a room or were they called because there was a lady with a knife?

Common sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Surprised somebody who has a daughter that can shoot a Browning at 5 years old at 25 yards doesn't understand the concept of center mass shooting.

Curious.

Of course I do, but her shooting was initially at centred targets, then moving targets avoiding the centre and concentrating on the peripherals ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Curious.

Of course I do, but her shooting was initially at centred targets, then moving targets avoiding the centre and concentrating on the peripherals ;-)

Cheers - Dave

So your five year old was shooting paper targets on a range in controlled conditions with daddy watching over her, and because she could do that, law enforcement should be able to shoot fingers and toes?

Makes sense.

She must have had some meaty hands at an early age.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

add to this:
similar to the original post in this thread. i find it quite interesting the similarities of the two stories.

hillsboro oregon woman 57 years of age dies during a traffic stop on the corner of river road and minter bridge road.
the 57 year old woman was said to be suicidal. an unknown number of shots were fired. the official police report as of now is the woman committed suicide.
www.kptv.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join