It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tick Tock Of The Cuckoo Clock!!! [Halloween2015]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The Tick Tock Of The Cuckoo Clock!!!

The midnight moon was dark and full with wispy puffs of clouds that bellowed like chimney smoke. Behind the decrepit stale red barn, deep in the brown and yellow cornfields there came a screeching sound. It was unlike any other monstrous roar, as it lasted for what seemed like an eternity and then echoed for some more.

From underneath the bed where the young girl fled, she shivered and shook and waited with dread. The tick tock of the cuckoo clock was all she could hear, above the sound of her thumping, beating heart, while she cowered down in fear.

She dared not scream for this was no dream, covering her mouth, she stifled her tears, as the sounds of footsteps came thumping and clunking up the stairs, with a heaviness reserved for giants, thumpety thump and clunkity, clunk...So, she grabbed a hold of her favorite Raggedy Ann doll and she held on tight, the one she could never leave behind with the agonizing fear she felt that had gripped her on this night.

Tick tock went the cuckoo clock, tick tock, tickety tock tock. The footsteps got closer and she dared not breathe for surely the giant beast behind them would be able to hear the muffled sounds from under the bed, the doll began to choke in her grasp, quiet she said, or we will be dead, dead, dead.

Suddenly, the footsteps stopped with a final CLUNK! There It stood, sniffing and snorting with beady, red glowing eyes and a colossal horn protruding from the middle of its ugly green head, oh the horror of it all, the little girl and her raggedy doll, she thought for sure, they were destined to be a tasty meal for this god awful beast.

Tick tock went the cuckoo clock, tickety tock, tickety tock...the beast was caught off guard and tumbled backwards, falling and falling, down the stairs it went, head over heels, landing at the bottom with a thunder of a CLUNK. She hoped it was dead and she had to know for sure...what should she do now, where was her family, why had they disappeared? Did the green headed, ugly, beady red eyed giant of a beast eat them first?

Slowly and gently, she tiptoed with her quiet raggedy doll in hand, the only protection she had was stuffed with cotton and hanging on by a thread, the beast lay still, she braved the stairs, down she went with little soft steps, careful she was not to make a noise, from the mouth of the giant beast came a puddle of crimson blood.

Tick tock went the cuckoo clock. It looked like it was dead. As she turned to walk away, the cold, creepy hand of the beast reached out and grabbed her, causing her to slip and fall, down on top of her raggedy doll, how can that be, she thought it was dead, but now she went and smacked her head. When she finally came to her senses, it was bright outside, her eyes could not focus, where was she? Everything was shiny and new, with porcelain and chrome and her Raggedy Ann doll with her dress so blue, where did that awful beast go? Was it all a dream? What day could it be now?

Tick tock, tick tock, tickety tock tock went the cuckoo clock...Oh my, it must be HALLOWEEN!!! What a shockitty, shock, shock, shock!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Ummm...very nice Soul...I like the effect of your weaving some rhyme into the alternate stanza's...that was a really nice touch...

Tick tock...Where did that beast go...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Loved it...especially the alternating colored text. Nice effect.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Thank you so much!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Thank you, I struggled with whether or not I should, but then I said what the heck!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Loved how the stanzas alternate just like the tick and just like the tock. Adding in bits of poetry keeps it out of synch, keeps you on edge - very clever!

Shockitty goodness

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Coming from you that is high praise indeed, thank you so very verity, muchety much!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well done Soul! Had me on the edge and I really enjoyed your prose! Good luck. I hope you win!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Thanks, I am glad you liked it!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Tick...tock your timing was right on!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Loved it! I loved the different colored text too!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for your support NIGHTSTAR!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Thank you for reading!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanks Beans!