It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Creation Is The Only Logical Explanation...

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Of course it has. Specically that the earth was created 6,000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Of course it has. Specically that the earth was created 6,000 years ago.

Says who? Earth is around 4 billion years according to the latest scientific findings.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

If you read my previous post I stated that creationism has been proven false and it is silly that people still argue against evolution.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

If you read my previous post I stated that creationism has been proven false and it is silly that people still argue against evolution.

I'm not sure I fit into that creationism category. I'm more of the fact-based Biblical Creation type.

That is Gen 1:1

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Unfortunately, Creationism comes in various types where some believed that earth is 6000 - 10,000 years old.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Biblical facts?

In the first book of genesis it states that God created
Light and dark
Sky
Seas, dry land, plants
Stars, the sun and the moon
Sea creatures and flying creatures
Land animals and then humans

The problem with this is that we know that plants could not have been created before the Sun. Surely if genesis were truly the work of god it would have gotten the order correct. I've said it before and I will say it again. The bible is a great book of myths but not facts.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Uh I think you don't realize what order things are said to have transpired...
So I'll show you the order it states...

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

As far as time and the 6000 year thing well when asked about time we are told that to God a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day...

Interestingly enough if you do the math using that as a reference to time inference you would derive a sum very near the estimated age of the earth...

There is plenty of evidence that suggests all things were designed or created...

You are free to believe whatever you wish but to state that creation has been disproven is a lie...

The question is are you lying to yourself or all of us?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

For a long time after there was light, there was no deep, no surface of the deep, no water.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Heh
Do you have proof of that?

Before Sol was lit...
it as well as the Earth were both forming in darkness...

This is not talking about the creation of the entire universe...

Nor do I think it is a literal interpretation...

More of a statement that "God did it"...

But according to genisis the earth was formless or in other words forming all the matter that would become part of earth was already present... So that's not at all inaccurate... Also it says that while this was happening Sol was lit as the command let there be light happens before the earth was fully formed which is accurate with our understanding of the process as the planets are formed from the remains of a stars creation...

edit on 16-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Before Sol was lit... it as well as the Earth were both forming in darkness...
No water, no deep, no surface.

More of a statement that "God did it"...
Yes. I know. I'm familiar with the sentiment.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

maybe God said "let there be light here"?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Water would most certainly have existed as a gas as ice and as liquid...
As the spirit of God hovered over the waters he must have been contemplating something....
Are we not partially made of water?
Is it not a necessary component of life?

I think space is rather deep..

There also would have been a lot of Rocky material also forming that sounds like a surface to me...

And this too is accurate enough as these things would become the Earth which is also accurately described at this stage in time as being "formless"...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Water would most certainly have existed as a gas as ice and as liquid...

Gas, yes. Water vapor has no surface, nor is it deep.

But go ahead, stretch the story to fit whatever you wish. It's your prerogative.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I think it's more a matter of perspective...

Water would not only have existed as gas it would of course depend on when and where it was all the matter to form Sol would have existed before even it was formed so before that it would have been Ice and had a surface...
However I believe that the "surface" refered to was the formation of Rocky material...
And you seem to be missing the point that the Earth is referred to as "formless" at during this time...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Perhaps God just missed a word in his book?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

However I believe that the "surface" refered to was the formation of Rocky material...

So, "the deep" is talking about rocky material? I have only heard it used in reference to oceans.

darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

But, feel free to support your world view by any contortions necessary.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Did God write that?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Nah...

I just like to poke the tiger...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Why did you take a quote about surface and use it to talk about the deep?
Feel free to try and twist my words...

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Why did you take a quote about surface and use it to talk about the deep?

the surface of the deep

Feel free to try and twist my words...
They aren't your words, are they?
edit on 4/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Tell me this Phage does water exist all on its own floating through space in larger quantities than the Earth itself?
Is that not deep?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join