It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina: Waterboarding Helped ‘Keep Our Nation Safe’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Each candidate seems to make some dumb arse statement or stance.... Cant the GOP find ANYONE remotely sane?

As if we have anyone good on the Democrat side? We have a lying, egotistical woman or a crusty old Communist. Not much of a choice no matter which side you pray to is there?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
She's in way over her pretty little head in this presidential race. As she rises towards the top, the top lowers to accommodate her incompetency. And no, waterboarding did not keep the U.S. safe, but made it look more like a third-world dictatorship than a principled nation with principled leaders.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I think every politician that suggests that any type of torture is acceptable shoud be tortured in the manor that they find acceptable until they are willing to change their mind.

Do these monsters have any idea what they sound like to actual human beings?

I know you're joking, but I hate to get down in the sewer with them.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Remember:
"You get more with sugar, than you get with vinegar!"

Not if you desire salt-and-vinegar chips, or a decent cleaning product.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This liberal War on Women is really getting ugly.
Next, the dems will be attacking Ben Carson because he's black.
edit on 29-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Did I miss the part where we made the foreign terrorist prisoners in a military prison facility on foreign soil, American citizens? Sorry.

Obama has the right idea...Droning them in Toyotas is so much more humane...and Hellfire missiles produce a lot more usable information.

Not all of them WERE terrorists! More than a couple were picked up by freaking mistake! One German citizen because the CIA got his GD name wrong!

The fact they were denied due process and any right meant that # up your retarded CIA made could not be rectified for YEARS!
If they had got access to a freaking lawyer and court they could of sorted the mistake out in a matter of weeks or days!

Your founding fathers made that amendment

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

And all the others promising due process for a reason.

They didn't put or make exception for a very very wise reason.

Sure they may be some evil people out that that deserve MORE than waterboarding but when you start making exceptions and denying rights INNOCENT people can get caught up by mistake and that is something no civilized country can justify.

edit on 29-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Each candidate seems to make some dumb arse statement or stance.... Cant the GOP find ANYONE remotely sane?

As if we have anyone good on the Democrat side? We have a lying, egotistical woman or a crusty old Communist. Not much of a choice no matter which side you pray to is there?

Did I mention the democrats?

Why even bring them in?

God you Americans are so predictable.

You think cause I criticize the GOP candidates I must be full of support for the democrats?

WELL WRONG

The world is not so black and white .

In only mentioning the Republicans CAUSE THAT WHAT THE GOD DAMMED THREAD IS ABOUT!

Make a thread on Hillary or Sanders saying some stupid if you want to talk about them. Im sure they say plenty of retarded things to make a thread over, especially Hillary.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here's an idea. Let's waterboard her, and then see how she feels about it.

Anyone who agrees with waterboarding probably deserves to be waterboarded anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

By your logic, we shouldn't try to capture ANY enemy combatants, because ONE of them might be innocent.

Were the 5 terrorist leaders Obama just traded for Bergdahl captured by mistake, as well?

These people killed our people...along with many innocents, as well. They also may have information that could save countless other innocent lives...in addition to stopping some future terrorist acts against your family and mine...so, yeah, let's give them candy.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

By your logic, we shouldn't try to capture ANY enemy combatants, because ONE of them might be innocent.

No its bloody not my logic.

Yes capture them.

But give them DUE PROCESS.

Give them a lawyer and let them evaluate the evidence to make sure they are who they say they are.

If they are a terrorist then keep them locked up.

Were the 5 terrorist leaders Obama just traded for Bergdahl captured by mistake, as well?

Yes it was.

They should have gone before AT LEAST a military tribunal got a trial and the properly got jailed for life without parole in a US Federal or military prison.

If they had been given due process and tried and sentenced Obama would likely not have been able to exchange them.

Obama was a class a imbecile.

These people killed our people...along with many innocents, as well. They also may have information that could save countless other innocent lives...in addition to stopping some future terrorist acts against your family and mine...so, yeah, let's give them candy.

No I dont want them released or given "candy"

I want them tried. Even if it a military tribunal at GITMO and then SENTENCED for the crimes of which they have committed. That sentence preferably life without parole and a diet of bacon.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And how do you propose we get information from them that could stop a future act of terror against our families and other innocents...or that may lead to those already planning these attacks?

Should we have Cardinal Fang fetch "The Comfy Chair"?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

And how do you propose we get information from them that could stop a future act of terror against our families and other innocents...or that may lead to those already planning these attacks?

www.youtube.com...

If I waterboarded you....

I could get you to admit to being a child rapist. And it wouldn't take very long...

Torture is an unreliable way to get information...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.
edit on 29-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Carly Fiorina really hates facts.

Yeah some people do hate FACTS.

Because the CIA has been using enhanced interrogation techniques since Vietnam.

Hell even the ole Clinton administration used rendition.

If it was so 'ineffective' why has the state been using it so long eh ?

Back to taking pot shots at Fiorina.

Anyone who has opened up a history book knows her critics hands sure aren't clean.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

My hands are clean. I haven't waterboarded anyone. If this thread was about Clinton or anyone else waterboarding I would be against it then as well.

Do you agree/disagree with Fiorina, or did you just come to this thread to shake a finger in our faces and to say "the Left does it too"?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Neither has Fiorina.

Eh.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.youtube.com...

If I waterboarded you....

I could get you to admit to being a child rapist. And it wouldn't take very long...

Torture is an unreliable way to get information...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

So, you assume they just ask them..."Are you a terrorist?"...and leave it at that?
They never ask for validating specific details to cross-check and see if they're making it up?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No one is saying that...

The information we got from the torturing wasnt even that good, so what was the benefit?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This liberal War on Women is really getting ugly.
Next, the dems will be attacking Ben Carson because he's black.

Awww that's cute. Sorry she spews out lie after lie, must be taking notes for hillary and the gops war on her. Since apparently talking about lies is s war on s person....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But the lie being perpetuated in this thread is alright ?

GW didn't start black sites.

He sure the hell hasn't been the only administration to use it.

And yet the same topic have been brought up for 15 years now.

I wonder why that is ?

Because the left refuses to acknowledge their own history.

And the history that says waterboarding is 'bad' just kill them outright with a drone instead, says the left because they are 'better'.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Cool, has nothing to do with what I said or even the topic. Never said the left isn't guilty of it, the point is we have one person repeating the lie that it works after we have found out that it really doesn't. Sure you get people to say things but it is hardly reliable. She is lying, just like hillary does.

Oh and the left is hardly for the drones, not sure where you get that. Obama is not left, far from it.
If he should be impeached over anything it is the drones but the right agrees with that to much imo.
edit on thTue, 29 Sep 2015 12:19:40 -0500America/Chicago920154080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join