It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina: Waterboarding Helped ‘Keep Our Nation Safe’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Carly Fiorina really hates facts. She's making crap up to pander to potential voters trying to look like a "tough as nail" commander in chief. I will concede my homie, Jeb Bush, is also talking crazy talk about water boarding.... Dammit Jeb.

Adding to her reputation as an advocate of aggressive military and counterterrorism measures, Fiorina explicitly rejected a 2014 Senate report which found that waterboarding and other “enhanced interrogation techniques” never prevented a single terrorist attack. Instead, she said it helped “keep our nation safe.” Source

From www.intelligence.senate.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Senate Select Comiiiittee on Infelligeoee

The CIA's use of its enhanced interrogation techniques was not [emphasis mine] an effective means of acquiring intelligence or gaining cooperation from detainees.

The CIA's justification for the use of its enhanced interrogation techniques rested on inaccurate claims of their effectiveness.

The interrogations of CIA detainees were brutal and far worse than the CIA represented to policymakers and others.

edit on 29-9-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: formatting

edit on 29-9-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Just like jumping the shark saved the Fonz.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Heres a thought:

Create a question for all politicians who agree with 'soft torture methods', such as: "Have you ever, during your term as a politician, made a deal with Satan to further your career"?

Then water board them until they admit they had.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I think every politician that suggests that any type of torture is acceptable shoud be tortured in the manor that they find acceptable until they are willing to change their mind.

Do these monsters have any idea what they sound like to actual human beings?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but torture was originally used to get people to say they had done or said things they had not.

Torture someone and they will say anything you want

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It didn't work because people that never used it said it didn't work?

The people that used it said it helped them in their work.

Who do you believe? Is it based on emotion, politics, or facts?

A lot of nasty things that should never see the light of day (or be spoken of among a gentle population) happen during wartime. It's just a sad fact that war by it's very nature is a bloody and brutal affair.

As far as Fiorina she is learning fast to pander to the crowd. As a business leader I was hoping she would stick with the "cold hard facts" a little longer into the campaign. I lost all respect for her when she showed up to Iowa looking like an extra off the Hee-Haw show.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I think every politician that suggests that any type of torture is acceptable shoud be tortured in the manor that they find acceptable until they are willing to change their mind.

Do these monsters have any idea what they sound like to actual human beings?

They are not trying to appeal to human beings. They are trying to appeal to brainwashed republicans that have no problem with torture.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oh look - more full retard from a US politician.

Remember to vote in 2016......because, something, terrorist, global warming, gays, blacks, gimme ya guns, defense budget, war, refugees, more tax, health care.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Sublimecraft because: meh

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hug a terrorist.
It really is time we start being waaaay nicer to terrorists. Maybe if they like us more, they'll be waaay nicer to us, too.

One thing is certain...they will tell us a lot more information, if we build them more million-dollar soccer fields at Gitmo.

Remember:
"You get more with sugar, than you get with vinegar!"

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Carly Fiorina really hates facts.

Adding to her reputation as an advocate of aggressive military and counterterrorism measures, Fiorina explicitly rejected a 2014 Senate report which found that waterboarding and other “enhanced interrogation techniques” never prevented a single terrorist attack. Instead, she said it helped “keep our nation safe.”

Well, we can't let a few facts get in the way, now can we? Carly's your first volunteer, Masqua.

edit on 9/29/2015 by Klassified because: reduce image size

edit on 9/29/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What's good for the goose is good for CEO's.

I wonder what secrets could be learned if a former Vice President
former Sec of State and a past New York Mayor were placed under
their beloved enhanced interrogation tactics ?

edit on 29-9-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: they would last 9 seconds

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Fiorina and Carson are gaining on Trump.......

Interestingly enough so are the attacks on these two.........

I smell fear from the left......and Trump heads, the left want Trump, if they get Trump the left are a shoe in for the presidency.....

A black man and a woman, and the left is freaking out.........BAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think this subject is a lot like sex.

A person really should give it a try before they try to speak like they know what they are talking about.

This would be like Dr. Ruth telling Martha Stewart how to bake a cake.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

It didn't work because people that never used it said it didn't work?

It didn't work because it produced no useful information. All useful information we got from these people happened before we started waterboarding them.

Who do you believe? Is it based on emotion, politics, or facts?

Apparently you don't want facts so you must be believing emotion.

It's just a sad fact that war by it's very nature is a bloody and brutal affair.

Our torturing these people didn't happen in a war it happened in a prison far away from the battlefield.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

A business leader? That's rich. I actually worked for HP -- as a contractor -- from 2003-2005. Carly was -- at best -- an affirmative action CEO for "women can be leaders too!" (they can, but she sucked at it).

As to waterboarding: Both the Japanese Kempeitai and German Gestapo used the technique during WW2, which, frankly, is enough for me to discount its use by us forever after.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I smell fear from the left

Fear? Hardly.

This is the best entertainment money can buy! It's like a real-life version of "Days of our Lives" mixed with Ren and Stimpy.

edit on 29-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Carly Fiorina just lost my respect.

Shame I kinda likes her.

Guess its only Rand Paul now........

Each candidate seems to make some dumb arse statement or stance.... Cant the GOP find ANYONE remotely sane?
edit on 29-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hug a terrorist.
It really is time we start being waaaay nicer to terrorists. Maybe if they like us more, they'll be waaay nicer to us, too.

One thing is certain...they will tell us a lot more information, if we build them more million-dollar soccer fields at Gitmo.

Remember:
"You get more with sugar, than you get with vinegar!"

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Your constitution is pretty much clear cut on the issue.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Did I miss the part where we made the foreign terrorist prisoners in a military prison facility on foreign soil, American citizens? Sorry.

Obama has the right idea...Droning them in Toyotas is so much more humane...and Hellfire missiles produce a lot more usable information.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I agree with Carly.

I seriously doubt the 'facts' we received during a clandestine operation. Especially when you consider they were used for political gain.

If anything, Carly hasn't read the liberal playbook so she doesn't always have the 'facts according to liberals' memorized for you guys to applaud.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join