It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are our Government finding all this money at times of austerity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

I am so angry with this Conservative Government and especially David Cameron. What the hell does he think he is doing? Where is all this money coming from? It beggars belief that he can promise this amount of money when our NHS is falling apart, schools are buckling with the pressure, disability benefit and tax credits are being cut because of austerity, our police force are being reduced and our armed forces are being reduced.

On top of this we have said we will accept 20,000 refugees who are being given priority in cities where there are 10 year waiting lists for housing. The Councils who have said they will accept these refugees have said they will only accept them if the Government can give concrete assurance that funding will be put in place for 5 years to cover the costs of schooling, housing and all the rest. The Government have still not given those assurances.

At what point are they going to start putting the British people first? I've really had enough now, I am sooo angry. What do other British people think and feel about this?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's not really that much money in the great scheme of things. Besides, the aid budget is already budgeted for, so the money's already there.

On accepting refugees... It's the councils who are coming forward. Yes, it's unfair. However, there's a lot of pressure to do something and 20,000 is a reasonable concession. The councils who accept refuges need to make sure they can afford it. There's a number of councils run by morons, so that's that problem sorted.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I totally detest this government and their policies. If we are being forced to take refugees then that compulsory aid money should be used for that. I am wondering, however, how "rolling out mobile banking" in poor countries possibly counteracts 'climate change'. He seriously needs to sort out home affairs before giving so much away, can see his policies being popular with the 1700 people who have just been told the steel company they work for has just been mothballed and they are going to be jobless. What about the needs of those families who may have their houses repossessed or have to go to food banks in the near future. Bet there won't be any relief money for them in the pot.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They create money by diluting the wealth of yours. It does seem that UK might turn into a collapsing society depicted in the 2006 sci-fi children of men.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I'm not British, but I'll wager a guess that your children and grandchildren will look back fondly at these decisions to take in the wall of refugees today so that their generations can pay the bill tomorrow. (or their generation will look back at this as being an incredibly ignorant, irresponsible blunder by your government. Either or.)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi This is on top of the aid money!! It is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things when our own citizens are sleeping rough on the streets, when we are being told we are in times of austerity and there are lots of children in Britain living in poverty, when we are told there aren't enough school places to go round and that there isn't the money to build new schools, when we are told there just aren't enough homes, our young people can't get on the property ladder and rents are going through the roof, when our own citizen are being denied cancer drugs that would cure them. IT IS A LOT OF MONEY WHEN WE KEEP BEING TOLD WE HAVE TO LIVE WITHIN OUR MEANS!!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If the UK is anything like the US, and it prolly is.

The Bank of China.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think that you don't save money by opting out of the civilised world.
Also the UK benefits immensely from.the money we spend on foreign aid both directly and indirectly.
As for lack of spending on the NHS, welfare etc. That is purely ideologically driven, nothing to do with lack of money.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos exactly I am so bloody angry. If this government doesn't get his act together pretty swiftly I think there is going to be civil war. MP's in this country are just so out of touch with the British people it beggars belief. Its like they go in to politics as a normal person and then enter the House of Commons and go through some kind of brain washing. It reminds of the Faculty!!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Do most people look back at the 1930s and think we took in too many or too few refugees from Europe? I hope that future generations will have cause to admire us for our humanity not despise us for our small mindedness.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How did they win the election because I genuinely have not met a person who voted for them.
David Cameron is not the head of the conservatives or the country. It is obvious the decisions are not made by his cronies but by his bosses. Who are older members of a paedo group of psycopaths with lots of power.
it is divide and conquer. Why change what works for them. STOP THE DIVISION AND UNITE. After all the refugees will help to bring down these elites and give us our world back, not just countries.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Its us who are out of touch. They go into politics through a lie we all fall for. To feather their own nest. They see what they can get away with and how stupid the populace is and just fill their boots. All we do is write a letter.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Don't be fooled, austerity is just a cover to axe welfare and amputate public services. Reducing the state while at the same time giving tax cuts to the rich is not austerity, it's a con to shift yet more money from bottom to top.

On another note, I feel quite uncomfortable with this wave of nationalism that seems to have come out of the refugee situation. Personally I don't care where someone comes from if they need help, we are all human beings. Why is a British person's life more important than anybody elses?

Same goes for foreign aid, and not only that, but giving foreign aid actually benefits us (sorry to be cynical but if it didn't I doubt we would bother) especially when it comes to issues like global warming (the clue's in the name)!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well if UK is taking 20K how many will the US be taking. You asked where the money comes from, it comes from people who pay taxes i hope. The US will just print more money. Europe is in full guilt trip mode. This is what happens when you sit back and watch Syria/Iraq fall to #. If global warming is true, this is all just a dress rehearsal for full blown mass migrations.

You guys may want to go fill that big ass tunnel with concrete and all your nuclear waste.

V

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
You have to see the glass as half full. Think about it, if the refugees move to your area. Those fundings will help rebuild your area. More people means more housing being build. More students needs bigger classrooms, so bigger, newer schools. Refugees from a less developed country means, more medical supplies for the area. Also remember, usually refugees from less developed countries usually need less than the people who are native to that country. So what's extra, the natives receives.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Cameron is a disgrace and low level loser who is weak and is just another Etonion type

HE lies, has never had a job and is a damn joke of a human.

Giving money for these damn refugees who will bring in more crime and leeching behavior is disgusting. Send them on their way and take that David Cameron with them

edit on 2-10-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They print it out of thin air.

This is how governments work and why they almost always fail.

The banks are actually your governments.

Silly Lemmings.

top topics

join