It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics & Gay Marriage: POPE Francis Optimistic, whereas Vatican Opposes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Milah
I would think most of the Vatican are ........... and non-straight men and that.

Based on....?

Don't know the numbers but it would be interesting. Almost every time there is a sex abuse scandal it involves a gay pedophile. Not that being gay makes you a pedophile or vice versa. But it is what has happened. Who knows what the numbers look like.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

I would think most of the Vatican are ........... and non-straight men and that.

Based on....?

Don't know the numbers but it would be interesting. Almost every time there is a sex abuse scandal it involves a gay pedophile. Not that being gay makes you a pedophile or vice versa. But it is what has happened. Who knows what the numbers look like.

A Pedophile is a Pedophile. That is their sexual orientation.

They are not Heterosexual or Homosexual. They are Pedophiles.

No matter what sexual act they perform they are Pedophiles.

Their attraction is children. Gender often is because of availability not a preference to one or the other.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Based on....?

Their attraction is children. Gender often is because of availability not a preference to one or the other.

If you say so. You have sex with same gender it's homosexual to me, opposite it's hetero, both its bisexual. Whatever helps someone wrap their head around it is fine by me though.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Based on....?

You have sex with same gender it's homosexual to me, . . .

It's not.

Committing the act of having sex with same gender is called a "homosexual act". This is often due to availability. Prisoners who have sex with same gender because that's all that's available to them does not make them homosexual. It's committing an act.

Same with Pedophiles. Priests had access to boys. But, when girls became Alter Girls --- they got molested too.

Homosexual orientation is inherent. It is the natural attraction to same sex. It is not the act.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Based on....?

It's not.

Committing the act of having sex with same gender is called a "homosexual act". This is often due to availability. Prisoners who have sex with same gender because that's all that's available to them does not make them homosexual. It's committing an act.

Same with Pedophiles. Priests had access to boys. But, when girls became Alter Girls --- they got molested too.

Homosexual orientation is inherent. It is the natural attraction to same sex. It is not the act.

Whatever floats your boat. If there were no preference but children I assume things like nambla which is a preference for little boys and some off shoots that have a preference of little girls wouldn't exist. But they do. They have preferences like anybody as far as gender. Prison is a little different but whatever your flavor these scumbags have them too.

Again, however you want to classify it, have at it. But there are pedophiles of various persuasion just like anyone. Gay, straight, bi. We will agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Based on....?

It's not.

Again, however you want to classify it, have at it. But there are pedophiles of various persuasion just like anyone. Gay, straight, bi. We will agree to disagree.

Pedophiles are Pedophiles. The sex act does not change or alter that.

You are wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Based on....?

It's not.

Pedophiles are Pedophiles. The sex act does not change or alter that.

You are wrong.

I might be wrong in your mind but if there were no preferences among pedophiles there would be no organizations or groups dealing with those preferences. Nambla, women's auxillary, a couple of others. Dealing with adults of either sex, wanting to assault children of either sex.

Call me wrong all you want. Considering what's out there it says otherwise. Have at it though.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Good post Barcs, I agree with darn near everything you said. Except Christians are not bound by Levitical restrictions. That's Old Testament, The Old Law. Scripture tells us we can chuck most of those. Orthodox Jews still abide by them though...more power to em.

It's the old law, but countless Christians (usually not Catholics but evangelical fundamentalists) cite it for the anti gay passages and use it to supposedly justify their dislike of homosexuals. They basically selectively consider that one law absolute literal truth, while dismissing most of the rest of Leviticus as old and outdated. It's hypocrisy at its finest. It's only a matter of time before homosexuals are getting married in the Catholic church. The Catholic church is moving in the right direction, IMO. These last couple popes pushed the envelope challenging traditional views. It's exactly what we need. The worldview needs to be modernized to the era we live in.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have to respectfully disagree here. Like anybody else, pedophiles can be straight, gay or bi. It's not just simply all children, indiscriminately. Some of them are attracted to boys, some are attracted to girls, and some are attracted to both. I believe attraction to children is completely separate from sexual preference/orientation. I say this because I use to know a "recovering" pedophile, and he was strictly into girls. Boys disgusted him, much like how a heterosexual man would think about having sex with a man. Pedophilia is not an orientation in the same sense as straight or gay. It might so happen that most pedo's are bi, but it isn't always the case.

Children isn't a sex, much like animal isn't a sex. In the same light, somebody that is into beastiality, might exclusively want female animals over male. Hetero/homo/bi is a separate thing from attraction to animals or children.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Yes, there's hypocrisy for sure. Life is filled with hypocrisy.

The age old question: what of the old do we adhere, and what do we abandon? What can't be abandoned is the natural law. The Ten Commandments are loosely grounded in The Natural Law. The Natural law is irrefutable Truth. God is Truth. Follow The Truth.

For the above reason, The Catholic Church will never "marry" people of the same gender. It's that simple.

The culture does not shape The Church. Jesus had the idea that it should be the other way around. It hasn't always worked out so well obviously. Hopefully this changes soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What's up with the second Vatican Council? Why do some consider that to be when the catholic church became evil and the pope the antichrist?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Anneeyeah folks in prison are gay or bi, otherwise they wouldn't be able to have sex with other men, they just wouldn't want to. no excuses people come on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join