It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be aggressive towards women. call them idiots.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
meh calling another person stupid, in a conversation is not a debate...

I tend to stay away from debates on forums nowadays, because it is unhealthy, not to mention most people on the internet forums lack manners and most times get personal. Yet some threads on ATS I do my best to interject some wisdom, experience, or intelligence, but most times I fail and the thread continues to derail and the thread is full of insults and arguments. It seems some of the most popular threads on ATS follow suit in this direction.

So my opinion is this male or female calling someone stupid is immature and I am not surprised by it at all.

Your right it is not right.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
meh calling another person stupid, in a conversation is not a debate...

I tend to stay away from debates on forums nowadays, because it is unhealthy, not to mention most people on the internet forums lack manners and most times get personal. Yet some threads on ATS I do my best to interject some wisdom, experience, or intelligence, but most times I fail and the thread continues to derail and the thread is full of insults and arguments. It seems some of the most popular threads on ATS follow suit in this direction.

So my opinion is this male or female calling someone stupid is immature and I am not surprised by it at all.

Your right it is not right.

I think you might have missed the point. its not about the merits of calling each other stupid, thats just an example, I was just saying try not to alter your argument style based on if the person you are talking to is women or men.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

edit on 9/27/2015 by Klassified because: Nevermind.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm glad you wrote this. I have no qualms telling a woman to shut up if she is being obnoxious. I did once, and the woman went bat-# crazy. It was hilarious. I think she went into a rage because I said it so calmly.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh for Christ's sake. People are looking just a little too deeply at this male V female debating garbage. It's a written or verbal exchange, be it general conversation or tangible ideas. Thinking you have to be chivalrous in a communication exchange where door-holding or some such is not socially expected is shorting yourself. You might as well be self-neutering. Don't self-neuter, I don't want a partial opponent in discussions, I want & EXPECT equal footing there. Bring everything to the table, lay it all out, take the retort, fire back. It's that simple.

Good lord, stop trying to make everything & how you go about it about gender.

edit on 9/27/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Oh for Christ's sake. People are looking just a little too deeply at this male V female debating garbage. It's a written or verbal exchange, be it general conversation or tangible ideas. Thinking you have to be chivalrous in a communication exchange where door-holding or some such is not socially expected is shorting yourself. You might as well be self-neutering. Don't self-neuter, I don't want a partial opponent in discussions, I want & EXPECT equal footing there. Bring everything to the table, lay it all out, take the retort, fire back. It's that simple.

Good lord, stop trying to make everything & how you go about it about gender.

so then because you are a woman I could speak to you like if I were speaking to another male??? you might not like the end result...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I can see Saturn now giving this a twist in a difference of opinion
with some female.

[ Lady, only an idiot would say something like that! ]

Just as her linebacker boyfriend of 6'5" is walk'n up.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
a reply to: ReadLeader

as a southerner, I also do the courtesy of the norm gender standards (things are getting a bit confusing with the new "gender fluid" stuff going on, so when in doubt, I drop the ma'am/sir bit, but remain respectful nonetheless

I value gender differences and society roles for the harmless stuff (such as opening doors)
I reject however treating people differently and softer mentally as a person. thats not some traditional gender role, thats a dated gender perception.

Yes, southern politeness is getting tougher and tougher. People elsewhere become ENRAGED if I politely refer to them as a sir or madam, as that apparently insinuates that they are ancient relics and I hate them.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

well biasness over gender in a debate makes no sense. I think I got your point, just focused on the example more.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
so then because you are a woman I could speak to you like if I were speaking to another male??? you might not like the end result...

Eh, I had in-law shrimpers in the family for a long time. You want "make a sailor blush" language, I can take as well as dish it

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Personally, I couldn't give a fat rats cracker what sex a person is in regards to debating - online or otherwise.

For instance, it is common knowledge in my mind that Hillary Clinton, just like her husband, is a lying sack-of-ship and I would have ZERO problem calling her that to her face. Likewise to Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ - she is the cow that the propaganda machine co-opted to lie under oath that Iraqi soldiers pull and murdered babies from incubators - she is also the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador at the time.

My righteous vitriol knows no boundaries vis-a-vis penis or vagina.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am a woman. Your OP is the reason I have men in my avatar.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Hi folks. read before judging the content:

I came across a thread where people were discussing something and a male and female were debating something. well, the male was calling the opinion that the woman posted (not her opinion) stupid. she responded by saying it wasn't her thoughts, but if he wants to debate something, basically bring it.

The guys response was to say he wasn't intending it to be her..just used her by proxy..fine..but then he said it
he said he is never aggressive towards women, and it would be his first time ever to basically be unpleasant to a female online (aka, calling her stupid).

Right...this is not a new thing..its very common actually. men believing they are being chivalrous in being forever nice and pleasant in debates when they realize they are talking to a female

Problem is, they may not understand just how absolutely insulting this is.

Women are equally as capable at debating, taking and giving insults, and understanding complex ideas as men. they are genuinely equal here and should therefore be treated equally. To actively speak differently to a woman in a discussion than you would a man, to be softer to her, is to suggest that she is emotionally or intellectually inferior and you must protect her from your stronger words. basically, you are suggesting you need to treat women like children.
never make this mistake, and never assume by being pleasant to women in general moreso than men, you are somehow doing them a favor...rather, its a slap.

So, if you would normally call a man a idiot for saying something idiotic..feel absolutely free to call a woman the same thing. she isn't an idiot because she is a woman, she is a idiot because she...is an idiot.

however...

I would say it might just be better to aim for cleaning up your views towards men and using a tone of respect as the norm for everyone, avoiding insults of a person when discussing an idea.
ideas are often stupid..people...well, people can be complicated

I am ranting here, but also learning. for too long I have, through seemingly desired pleasantness, treated women differently than men as the norm. I have lately been seeing this not as some merit, but a disgraceful behavior.

naa, women..you are idiots just like men. trust me, it takes one to know one.

so, thoughts?
should this also be pushed onto things like opening doors for women? (I dont think it should. opening doors is an accepted gender norm not really saying anything about anyone as a person...outside of maybe men will use their greater strength to help women in physical matters (if you want to get really philosophical))

Love this ... Agreed women are worse as we are slightly superior

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PureHybAng

Love this ... Agreed women are worse as we are slightly superior

Sure, superior.
at sammach makin!

BAM!
I'll leave.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this seems like a good thread for a meaningless post so I can start a thread somewhere else

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
well no use screwing up more than one thread... I am a crazy bitch, and idiotQ!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Enough!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheShadows

I have 4 different usernames here

Uh... What? How does that work? I once had my computer fried by lightning, and could no longer access my previous email address, so I opened a new account here. Later we were able to access the older one, so I had two for a few days, and was eventually told that was a serious infringment of the rules!

How did you get around that?

edit on 16-1-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I haven't seen much of that happening around here, though I have experienced it online in the past.

I think there might be some reason for making a distinction in real life, with physical presence.
I think there might be good reason for men to do that sort of hostile attempts at ego bruising and confidence bashing amongst each other (personal insults and threats), and good reason a lot of women might want to avoid that.
Though if an individual express a desire to do otherwise (of either gender) then that should be respected, I think.

I think that online, there shouldn't be a distinction! The threat of physical exchange is absent, as is the body language exchange that can impact emotions. It's a medium which employs the intellectual skills, and "who can beat up who", or "make the other run away" personally is really irrelevant. Here, we put our ideas in the ring together, to compete, mate, mutate, inherit, propagate, or be killed...ideas have no gender.

The personal insults remain the white towel thrown in by the trainers, and repeated over time, will create a reputation for someone lacking in intellectual skills.

Play football, box, or go to the gym, for emotional or physical resistance training - online it's intellectual.
(though, I think that when it comes to minds, adjusting according to age might have some validity....)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I agree with equality but am also one to believe chivalry is not dead.

However, the holding the door thing and such... I never really understood this as a gender specific thing. Do a lot of you guys really only open the door for ladies?

I'll open and hold a door for most anyone, regardless of what's between their legs. I think there are gender norms and then there is common courtesy.

<< 1   >>

join