It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absurd 23rd schmurd.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I do not know what schmurd means.

But I thought it pertinent to compose this rant before someone else beats me to it, for i deserve this soapbox to spout some smack so I do.

Yes, so the 23rd has been and gone and nothing happened, did iiiiit?

DIIIID IIIIT? Yea, I'm being smug...not that I ever staked any claim before the 23rd, either way. I never got involed - so uninvolved was I there wasn't even a fence to sit on.

It's fake smuggery, I just wanted to make sure someone did the smug "I told you so" thing before another prediction was made...it ain't right for this 23rd prediction and paranoia thing to go by unmocked. Not that I've owt against people making predictions or that, don't bother me.

Don't bother me none so it doesn't.

I just wanted to be that guy...that smug guy, so that the next prediction can commence henceforth and forthwith - and I'll be satisfied.

I can't explain why it satisfies me to be one of the first to get in there and do the "I told you so" thing. I will go down in history.

Unless...

...I ain't left the house all day or read the news come to think of it...did anything significant happen?

Boy, would I look stupid if it turns out it did.
edit on 24-9-2015 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Boy will your face be red when something happens at 11:45 tonight...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It was a typo!
It's gonna happen on the 26th

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Don't tell me you all missed it?!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

More confused than red faced...I'm in the UK and it's just gone midnight...11:45 in my time zone or yours?

I dunno even where it is that you are...should I find shelter?

You gots to tell me, heh.

On a serious note, I know it sounds quite kinda mental and a bit nasty...but are you sort of disappointed sometimes when the predictions, even the bad ones...don't come true? Maybe more let down that disappointed, it's an anti climax.

I was hoping an alien invasion or something would happen, just one time I'd like to come on here and see that thread titled - IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

edit on 24-9-2015 by HeathenJessie because: Spelling's bloody abysmal so it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Where was the earth shattering kaboom?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you're reading this, you have been in the hospital in a coma for 11 years. An asteroid hit your house on September 23rd 2015. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this message will appear in your dream, but we hope we're getting through.

Please wake up!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Its just past 7 here so I still have five hours.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Its midnight where I am...

I would call it here if I were you. On this day, the twenty fourth of September, in the year two thousand and fifteen anno domini, I can confirm that nothing with immediate and world changing effects occurred yesterday!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I want to one day see the opposite of this thread...someone being smug because the predictions they made came true.

I told y'all that comet would give us all space herpes...but y'all ditten listen! </smug>

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Some of us were admittedly smug when all our concerns about data snooping on the part of governments were vindicated by the revelations of Mr Edward Snowden...

Does that count?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ahaa, yeah I suppose it does.

As you can see I don't pay much attentio-o-ooh look, tin foil!

Ahaaa! Shineeeey! Waaaaayheeeey, etc!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Well, we cannot all be walking around with a minimum of ten percent of our cognitive process involved in cogitation relating to the way the world is run....

Wait... Why is that again?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Heh, don't ask me bruv I don't even understand the question.

Love the avatar though, everlasting bottle - this bottomless vessel you wield is the most intriguing mystery of all! A fellow brit into the bargain - much obliged, kind sir.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ah yes! The ever lasting glass of Rum and Coke!

People sometimes ask me if I am an alcoholic based on my avatar, and I tell them "My avatar has been nursing that glass since 2013. If I was an alcoholic, I would have been raising an empty glass in the shot!"

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I made a point of getting some nookie, and having a Bloody Mary for breakfast.
Just in case this was the final day.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Turned out to be a big turrrd. DoOm on: There's going to be a blood moon this Sunday the 28th.

top topics

join