It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well-Respected Girls Coach Arrested and Charged for Cursing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Apparently and young mother was coaching a basketball game and may have used profanity after a foul call on one of her players. An undercover police Captain decided to arrest her and a district attorney decided to charge her for her cursing. This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I wonder if this cop was a fan of the opposing team or he just decided to abuse his power.

This incident reminds me of the rifle river incident where the young man was arrested for using profanity while boating in Michigan. What possesses these LEOs to arrest people for using a curse word in public.

Wouldn't a warning suffice?

Jessica Curs, a 31-year-old mother who’s a well-respected coach in the area, said she thought the man was just a fan who’d been “pestering” her throughout the game. He turned out to be Capt. Gary Melson of the Alvarado Police Department, who told Curs he’d heard her use profanity and was holding her there until local cops could arrive.

Source

edit on 2015/9/23 by Metallicus because: Spelling Correction

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus If the good Captain were arrested for every time he did that, he would be in for life by now.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No, a warning would not suffice. "Swear words" fall under morality, and it seems like there is no real legal standing for legal enforcement of laws based on morality.

It is an act of tyrannical aggression.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hmmmm, considering the many police brutality videos and the language they use taking down a person? Nah, she was robbed!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. This type of cr** is keeping us from evolving.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Haha. I heard our mayor say the -f- word the other day. I guess i should have tackled her and demanded a citizens arrest.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Constitution guarantees the freedom of speech and shall not be abridged. She should file a Commercial Lein against the cop and the District Attorney. A Commercial Lien does not require a judge to impose and can only be lifted by the person who filed it. Tie up all their assets and ruin their credit until they agree to uphold their oath. Commerical Lien can also impose fines, jail time, and monetary damages.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well the police better not ever stand outside my back door when I am cooking. Because for some reason I swear up a storm when I am cooking. Its not angry swearing but happy swearing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Useless Fat Cop with a power complex. The issue is he is a police Captain in #sville and everyone better damn well know who he is and that he is the law. Anyone crosses him and you will pay.

I hope she sues the # out of them.

dfw.cbslocal.com...
edit on 24-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If cursing leads to arrest, I would be jailed for life.

new topics

top topics

join