It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The motto should be changed to "more ignorance"!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm not understanding how we can talk about things like the nwo, huge monopolies on media's, banksters, corrupt government, 9/11 and more and still not come together on a few key things.

I've seen so many posts saying things like..

"I hope this person does or doesn't get voted in"
"I can't believe this person is showing on the polls in this way"
"if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain"

And that's just one end of it. There's countless posts based on what the media puts on, but also countless posts, evidence, facts, studies, etc showing that the media lies, manipulates, controls, etc.

You're not being fed the truth, people! You don't vote for the President. The media just shows us some numbers and we all take it as truth, because they only ever shown us the candidates that the greater powers wanted in, in the first place.

I really like this website because of the alternative content. Because it features things the media won't touch, or aren't allowed to air because their bosses say so. But there's an overwhelming amount of threads that just expand the ignorance.

We really should be past taking things from CNN or fox news or msnbc and taking them as facts, things to talk about and figure out, we shouldn't be figuring out how to react to lies, or discussing such things, we should be finding ways to debunk them, ignore them, give them less power over us, especially on this website.
edit on 22-9-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

Edit: this isn't me just saying that I dislike what others talk about. It's me saying I dislike how a majority of members (likely) realize the msm lies to us daily, yet will make a thread in which they adamantly trust what's on the TV and wish to discuss it to death, and put so much energy into such topics.

My wish is that people question everything.. All of it. For instance Maybe Hilary is a really good person and she's trying to be shot down by the media ( probably not.) but let's open up our eyes and realize that the news channel is probably just lying, fear mongering, manipulating, or at the least doing all they can to earn a bit more money, and take whatever actions make them more popular.
edit on 22-9-2015 by deadlyhope because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

It reminds me of something I heard that weasel host from Hard Ball say one time, "It's my job to help the president succeed."

No, really, it isn't. Or at least, it shouldn't be. You should be giving an honest evaluation of issues as the arise.

Sorry to go off course there.... but I'm relating to the absolute lies we are fed. Or much worse, the issues that go totally under-reported or ignored entirely.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

There's not many places to find truth these days.

I'm glad ats is still one of them, I do dislike how much it's focused around main stream media topics still, but that's only one facet, and doesn't depict the entire site - hence the rant section.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
just look at the unbelievers as opportunities to hone your rhetoric and argument skills.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Amen to that!

As far as ATS.... I know I shouldn't be, as I should expect it, but I'm still finding myself surprised/disappointed that there are SOOOOO many people who are Kool-Aid drinkers when it comes to the Demoncrats and Republicants.

My side goooood. Your side baaaaaad.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yeah, I used to be a bit more that way. Power, greed, selfishness, agendas are what make things bad. Not Republican, or Democrat.

People on both sides are just looking out for themselves and the businesses and other politicians that back them.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's me saying I dislike how a majority of members (likely) realize the msm lies to us daily, yet will make a thread in which they adamantly trust what's on the TV and wish to discuss it to death, and put so much energy into such topics.

Cha ching…. Proponents of Main stream BS are here, too.

They needn't actually convince anyone of the lies the government tells us through the media, it is enough to also leave their trail of breadcrumbs behind any actual truth so people who are searching are still left with that tiny little doubt about it.

Like this, say… somebody grows weary of the lies and wants to know more about some subject or world events. They detach momentarily from the main stream feed trough and come to places like this to get an "alternative viewpoint".

Each time they read about the same old stories they see the alternate being as fiercely contested here as if the issue is in doubt. Depending on the strength of the conditioning they have undergone until now, they may not stay long or be left with lingering doubts about the "real story" behind the official one, then return to the main stream.

Denying Ignorance is about repeatedly punching through the main stream drivel when it rears its head here. At least there is a two sided conversation going on here, unlike the main stream. Its an ongoing battle of attrition on both sides.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Did you not get the memo? About 5-10 years ago ATS started becoming mainstream (slowly) and since then it's really just become a place for people to go to with their set opinion and argue to the death about who's right.

In that sense, it's become just like any other general public board. Like you say, most of the new topics are always about the tiny details of this entire facade with specific news articles that by their inherent design are meant to polarize people and stir constant debate.

Threads that are based on more 'classical' ATS topics are usually taken over/bombarded by people skeptical of the subject at hand, with the usual accompanying insults, and it ultimately all becomes more of an intellectual show down than any form of productive discussion.

This is because these discussions usually get mercilessly focused onto very specific instances of evidence, and hence the topic is rarely allowed to expand beyond the requirement to produce it (or falsify it). This is of course a problem when ATS is inherently based on topics that lack primary evidence - hence making them a conspiracy. The theories arise from secondary evidence by their nature.

Tldr version; Welcome to the Internet lol.
edit on 22-9-2015 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

And that's just one end of it. There's countless posts based on what the media puts on, but also countless posts, evidence, facts, studies, etc showing that the media lies, manipulates, controls, etc.... [snip] ...Edit: this isn't me just saying that I dislike what others talk about. It's me saying I dislike how a majority of members (likely) realize the msm lies to us daily, yet will make a thread in which they adamantly trust what's on the TV and wish to discuss it to death, and put so much energy into such topics.

I think it's a little more complex, in that good posts require links from supposedly respectable news sources. Anything less (such as blogs) are immediately questioned by many, and sometimes for good reason. You seem to agree with me that NO news sources are respectable any more. But it does present a catch-22 when writing posts.

I would also suggest that people tend to use those news sources that support a premise they already believe and wish to discuss. My problem is that so many people believe they know what they cannot know. Look at the brouhaha over Trump not "defending" Obama from that mean and scary man who said Obama is Muslim... NO ONE knows what is in Obama's heart. We know that Obama once practiced the Muslim faith... we know that he has since attended a Christian church... we know that he claims to be a Christian now. But the reality is that only Obama knows for sure. Trump can give his opinion... But Trump cannot know either.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

My point is more.. We don't KNOW any of that. It's been reported to us. Or have you personally been inside a church with Obama? Question everything. Is my point.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

At times, other than citing specific data, I'm not sure how important it is to link to news stories (other than to help explain a general situation). In a way, a lot of what is discussed on this site is basically connecting dots, bridging two or more seemingly unrelated stories/issues to show an agenda that is not discussed in public outright.

Disclaimer: Even data from seemingly reputable sources can be misrepresented prior to being published, of course.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

You bring up some good points. i do still enjoy some of the boards on ats including philosophy and metaphysics, different sciences, belief systems and such. Some of these cause fights, and some people seem bat crap crazy, but I do think ats is now a mix of things a modern forum board with some alternative topics.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
ATS is as good as the members choose to make it,

Put a couple hours on a topical thread we improve ourselves.

We all wound up here for a reason....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

People are raised by their parents to think that way, then their bias is reinforced by the rest of society. I hope they come here, and I hope they learn something.

My mother is a Republican, my father is a Democrat. They've been trapped by their respective parties most of their lives, because they focus on the other party and not theirs. I have a libertarian outlook (perhaps not a stereotypical one). Arguing politics with my father was revealing. We'd get worked up and shout and rant. I hated the Democrats, he hated the Republicans. He was actually fairly conservative though. Democratic corruption was excused. He didn't like it, but he turned a blind eye to it because he was truly afraid of the Republicans; they had to be beaten at all cost. Due to the hypocrisy and outbursts of hatred in our discussions, I got the impression party bias was driven by the same mechanisms in the brain that go into racism. He gave me some books that put his politics into perspective: Yesterday's People, by: Jack E. Weller; and Bloodletting in Appalachia. My father's only recently become fed up with the Democratic party.

My wake up call came during Bush's second term. The Republicans controlled the house, senate, and presidency. Did they lower taxes and spending? Did they do anything to protect the rights of the unborn? Did they reduce government regulation? Did they leave the organizations that crippled our economy accountable to capitalism? Did they respect the Constitution? Their rhetoric was all worthless. It wasn't just the Democrats trying to create a huge intrusive government.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah, it's definitely not an all out bad thing. It's just more mainstream than it used to be.

My favourite part of ATS over time has simply become reading people's experiences, whatever they may have been. Sharing stories is such a human thing to do and we exemplify it well on here. It's taught me a lot over the years, as well as other message boards in general.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's interesting how you decry others for being gullible then use that opportunity to insert your own confirmation biases into what you are saying. How can you demand that everyone question everything while at the same time support claims about the NWO and other conspiracy theories? I mean part of questioning everything means questioning THOSE things too you know?

For instance, do you question the claim that the media lies to you everyday? Or do you just operate under the idea that that is a given? ME I'd think one would want to verify the truth of what the media is saying before assuming anyone is lying.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's more about seeing the evidence. What do I see in my day to day life, what has more evidence than just being on a screen, what's worth talking about because it has substance, not just because it made the headlines and is causing the exact results the media wants it to..

Some things from the media are these things, others, I guess each individual has their opinion.

I will admit I have my own biases and things I believe - but I try finding multiple sources, try finding people with personal experiences, I try finding unique voices that have opinions on the topic rather than hearing it on the nightly news and praising it as factual, true, and something to discuss to death with others.
edit on 22-9-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The majority of ATS has been divided and conquered by TPTB with the false election theatrics and other issues such as race baiting. The sad thing is that ATS is a reflection of society as a whole which has me worried as #

When SHTF I will be ready while the majority of them will be wondering WTF was going on..."How could my government let this happen to me?"

The poison I've seen on this site lately causes me to take special precautions.

If half the people on here act the same in a SHTF scenario as they act on here then we are in a load of trouble. Let them pretend to know it all, let them argue which phony candidate is better.

Just do what I do, laugh at them and worry about you and yours.

Let them lie in the bed that they made.

The sad thing is that I'm actually looking forward to it, time for a reset.

PURGE

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

So what if you are wrong?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For the record, I don't pretend not to have these problems myself. I definitely do believe something that is false - we all do.

I'm just slightly disappointed that now days, if you don't have a link to a msm website on a story, it might be called a hoax on here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join