It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It has taken me a few days to even be able to respond to this thread. The worst part, is that I haven't seen it mentioned in any other media outlet. It should be everywhere.

When the next new "terror" group pops up, and we are asking ourselves why, this is why! I can't blame these boys if they grow up to hate their own people and Americans as well. I wouldn't be surprised if all the anger over their abuse and resulting actions got them a labeled as being the new IS or Taliban.

edit on 9/25/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I watched most of this. I'm stunned. At first I thought well, these guys all easily fall within the intellectual functioning range of mild to moderate mental retardation. Then no, they are all on heroin. Then they sell their weapons. The marines ask them to not defecate in the showers and it makes them angry. Called the marines "idiots". They know about hygiene. They wash their hands before they eat.

They put a fence up for them to protect their base, and they tore it down to sell for scrap metal.

A marine is sweeping the area for landmines. One of the Afghan soldiers says "It doesn't matter, if they blow someone up it's only going to be an Afghan". A marine asks them to fill up sandbags. They stop a car with a family in it, and have the children in the car fill the sandbags for them.

As they were going off to a fight the guy in charge had to remind them "TRY to tell the difference between the Taliban and civilians." Then they shoot and shoot tons of ammo, at *nothing*.

It's hopeless. I finally got so disgusted I stopped watching. It literally seems, hopeless. The spirits and minds are broken, and those will have to be repaired before anything else can take place. That task alone would take years.

If you have time, watch some of it. It is mostly NOT about child molestation, but it is mentioned several times. Our good marines sound like Einstein/Jesus in comparison.

You are starting to get it. I couldn't be happier. Cause political upheaval, remove a monarch that was doing good, support Muslim fighters, bomb the s#1t out of a country, and destroy it's infrastructure in the "hunt for one man" (really regaining control of poppy fields for the flow of opium).

Hopelessness, all thanks to the great USA! We seriously don't export democracy, we export hopelessness.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Awesome?

Not hardly.

A reformed idiot? Much closer to the truth. But thanks for the complement.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Third World problems. Sorcery is a capital offense in Saudi Arabia, yet we send them weapons and do business with them every day. We cannot make the world over in our own image.
a reply to: seagull

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I think we can only do what we can do. At least we tried.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Parthin96

Maybe not. I agree with you.

But nothing says we have to do business with them.

I used to be in the school of whatever was good for the U.S. was good for the world. ...and in some ways, I still think in those terms...though not to the degree I used to. Not even remotely.

My little brother finished off what little soul he had left in Iraq. I hope to God I never find out what he might have done while over there... He's in prison now for the rest of his life.

I watched a kid I knew from when he was five be buried with full military honors. His helicopter was shot down over the mountains of Afghanistan. He was a good kid, who went on the become a good man, and father, and husband. I'm sure his widow was most appreciative of the folded flag, and the kind words. She'd probably have preferred to have her husband. Why did he have to die? Why did any of them have to die, to make the world safe for this? If this is how we're going to protect this nation, I'm not sure we deserve to be here.

Like I said, I used to think that whatever was good for the U.S. was good for the world...

Maybe, sometimes it is. Maybe. But I have to wonder, is the rest of the world good for us? This damned war is destroying us.

So, I will do what I can. Screaming from the rooftops my late in coming outrage.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why not just video it and put it up on social media? Shaming the culprits might do more than shooting them.

Sure some social media would censure such things, but WSHH might let it fly. Blur out the action but not the guy's face and name. Make him say his name.

Naive? Perhaps.

ETA: Oh, ok they just beat the guy. (That's kind of overt. Why not just have him fall down the stairs?) But, yeah, publicly shame the guy by removing the anonymity and making the individual sex 'vert if not accountable at least outed as responsible.

edit on 26-9-2015 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yep. They've been doing this since 2001. Not a new story, just new to the headlines.

Bacha bazi, google it. Literally "playing with boys" or some such.

Another strange one they have is Bacha posh or treating a girl as a boy because you don't have a son in the family.

The Afghans are a strange people and not necessarily indicative of Islam.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I really don't know what to do with this. Responsibility for this goes all the way up to the president, and then it comes back to the citizens who let the politicians take office. The people you're writing to are also complicit. If they get a few letters they'll probably be ignored. If they get enough they'll say I'm shocked, shocked!! to learn that this has been going on for so long. Then they'll bring out a scapegoat and give them a slap on the wrist. Maybe better to open a line of communication with an official early in their career? All I can say to my elected representatives is I can't support them, knowing what they do in my name.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

That's essentially what I've done. Even though, oddly enough, I didn't vote for any of my three congressional reps, I told them that there is no way that I will support them, unless/or until there are Congressional hearings on this matter. Public ones.

The opponants in forth coming elections will receive the same sorts of comments. I will stand before the little podium and ask them what they intend to try to do to remedy this. I will also try my damnedest to hold them accountable. I fully realize that my voice, by itself, will not do it. Or maybe it will? It certainly won't if I don't try.

So, here I am, shouting into the teeth of the storm.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
I really do feel sorry for those troops that have to deal with this on a daily basis.

It seems like there is no way that this cultural atrocities will ever be stopped...it is hard to change people culturally that see nothing wrong with these practices.

There is one way, and only one way.

Their entire culture must be nuked from orbit.

Put another way, the ideology of Islam (it is NOT a religion) must be wiped from the face of the earth.
edit on 6-4-2017 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2017 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Surely it was never mentioned. Not once. Though, I wish to this day the experiences I had there, could have been avoided. My solution...may not bode well with peace loving folk.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join