It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

You have proven nothing. Keep your beer.

I've got to go to work now. Btw, if you only knew what I do for a living. You don't have a leg to stand on.

edit on 9/23/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

The answer is much deeper than this specific story. It goes to the heart of everything and it encapsulates true freedom, not the fake freedom that fake Americans parrot in robotically programmed fashion.

So the Nazi's were expressing their "true freedom" in WWII. Gotcha.

This is downright creepy.

What about the "true freedom" of the child victim who is screaming in pain, and begging not to be harmed? Does "True Freedom" only belongs to perverted males?

You are putting words into my mouth. Please stop making poor arguments. You are currently supporting a Nazi system. If you have problems with that you have a lot of research and fact checking to do. That's the downright creepy part, you support a Nazi system without realizing it.

Again, I'm sorry you are so plugged into the system that you have to twist words to make yourself look good.

True freedom comes when you realize that your mind, beliefs, and emotions have been and are purposefully manipulated to generate the desired reaction that THEY want out of you. When your personal power belongs to you and not a story that forces you to react the way THEY want you to react - that's freedom.

It's sad you don't even understand freedom. That you have to attempt to use my response to someone else to bend it around a child victim in a way it was never meant. *golf clap* ...for trying

Why don't you stop while you're ahead? I'm not the brick wall you need to be banging your head against.
edit on 23-9-2015 by WCmutant because: because COLOR!

edit on 23-9-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

They don't have time for veterans issues. They only care about women's health issues. PP x3 debates and votes.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
and these are the "oh so peaceful" members or islam that Europe is inviting into their contnante and Obama plans to bring here as well? lovely...i think my knives need sharpening.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CTRTCTRT

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: amicktd

a reply to: Shamrock6

Diddling other boys, growing or muling poppy to get money and get status so they can diddle other boys, doing something else to get status so they can diddle other boys, or using their government position to diddle other boys.

I certainly hope not.

Then you're ignoring the reality that is Afghanistan.
f you grew up in a country where this was the norm and you were told all your life that it was normal and you knew no different than it, I doubt it.

Unsure what you meant by that.

You know it's wrong to diddle boys and children, correct? How do you know that? Were you born thinking it? I doubt it. Which means you learned it as a value somewhere along the way.

Now remove whatever mechanism taught you it's wrong and replace it with a mechanism that tells you it's okay, and not only is it okay but it's EXPECTED. And there is zero outside influence to tell you it's wrong until some Americans show up 40 years into your life span. I doubt very seriously you would think it was any more wrong than any other Afghan does, because you wouldn't know any different.

Again, western thinking, eastern concept.

ETA - as for "hoping not:" since it's utterly common in the culture, I'm not sure why you'd even waste time "hoping" that they aren't doing it.

Honestly, I completely disagree with you. First off, I have morals as do most people, so no I wouldn't think it's ok to molest little boys because there isn't a law against it. Second, I also have a hard time believing just because someone said so that all Afghan men molest little boys. Plus, it's absolutely disgusting and any parent would agree.

So if you were born and raised in that culture you would still have western ideals and values, instead of the ideals and values of the culture you were raised in?

That makes complete sense.

What part of being raised in America, American culture, makes it ok for Americans to gun down 3000 kids a year? Because Americans do that year in and year out.

And how do you explain the fact that Europeans and Americas DID engage in child Prostitution rampantly through the 1800s.

What happened? Why did one culture change and another didn't...?

Are we saying that Afghan culture is as crap as US culture in the 1800s?

Did you have anything pertinent to the OP to discuss or were you just going to throw a bunch of tenuously related crap at the wall to confuse the issue? Pretty sure the OP is about present day Afghanistan, not what Americans were doing in the 1800s.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Diddling other boys, growing or muling poppy to get money and get status so they can diddle other boys, doing something else to get status so they can diddle other boys, or using their government position to diddle other boys.

I certainly hope not.

f you grew up in a country where this was the norm and you were told all your life that it was normal and you knew no different than it, I doubt it.

You know it's wrong to diddle boys and children, correct? How do you know that? Were you born thinking it? I doubt it. Which means you learned it as a value somewhere along the way.

Now remove whatever mechanism taught you it's wrong and replace it with a mechanism that tells you it's okay, and not only is it okay but it's EXPECTED. And there is zero outside influence to tell you it's wrong until some Americans show up 40 years into your life span. I doubt very seriously you would think it was any more wrong than any other Afghan does, because you wouldn't know any different.

ETA - as for "hoping not:" since it's utterly common in the culture, I'm not sure why you'd even waste time "hoping" that they aren't doing it.

Honestly, I completely disagree with you. First off, I have morals as do most people, so no I wouldn't think it's ok to molest little boys because there isn't a law against it. Second, I also have a hard time believing just because someone said so that all Afghan men molest little boys. Plus, it's absolutely disgusting and any parent would agree.

So if you were born and raised in that culture you would still have western ideals and values, instead of the ideals and values of the culture you were raised in?

What part of being raised in America, American culture, makes it ok for Americans to gun down 3000 kids a year? Because Americans do that year in and year out.

And how do you explain the fact that Europeans and Americas DID engage in child Prostitution rampantly through the 1800s.

Did you have anything pertinent to the OP to discuss or were you just going to throw a bunch of tenuously related crap at the wall to confuse the issue? Pretty sure the OP is about present day Afghanistan, not what Americans were doing in the 1800s.

You're the one who wanted to discuss the impact of culture on people's actions... I just took it to the logical conclusion... I know it sucks to have to deal with the consequences of your half-baked theories, but c'est la vie.

Blaming crime on culture cuts both ways...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Let's make this simple for those of us in the dark, til now. If I am in Afghanistan and I see a grown man raping a screaming boy, can I call the police? Oh, wait a minute, the pedophile is the police, correct?

If I am in Anywhere, US, if I see a grown man raping a screaming boy, I can call the police. I could also kill him with good reason.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I certainly hope not.

I think he's saying the same thing I tried to, just differently -- if you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones.

Present day Afghanistan is a direct relation to the meddling of the USA dating back to the 1970s and the support of religious zealots known as the Mujahideen.

Afghanistan was fairly progressive back then. We enabled them and perhaps looked the other way for the religious zealots to utterly destroy any semblance of social and economic progression the country had going on.

Let's start here:
1960s Afghanistan

Maybe these:
More 1960s Afghanistan

More...

You can watch this video and see many of the same pictures in addition to more. What you will see is a beautiful country that is progressive and tolerant. Not all the people were strict Muslim. They show women NOT wearing burkas and some wearing skirts.

Afghanistan is the hell hole that it is because of foreign involvement - US, Soviet, and Pakistani. Time to wake up people - WE ARE NOT SPREADING DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 23-9-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The contractors out of Houston and elsewhere have played along with this "tradition" since Cheney/Bush. These perpetrators and collaborators need to be exposed and held accountable.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Obama is the commander in Chief, is he not?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

It came back into vogue after 2001. Plenty of blame everywhere...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This is also quite informative

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Obama is the president. It's his call.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Obama is the president. It's his call.

It is NOW. But it was Bush's after 2001 until Obama was in charge, and it'll be on the back of the next guy (or gal) after Obama is gone.

The only consistent in all of this is the military folks, because every other body that could have a say has changed hands since 2001, and literally none of them have done anything, but cover it up, or pretend it doesn't exist.

Put it like this, blame Obama if you want, but if Jeb gets elected he's not gonna stop it, and you better have your outrage ready to go for him as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

www.youtube.com...

I this is a more interesting and stable version.

I learned lot, but what I learned will be probably missed by the first time viewer. As it was missed by me.

I should add that the it is much better if you can find a good copy of the full documentary, if you have the time. It is over two hours and I had to do it in parts.

edit on 23-9-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addition needed.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Actually, since we have spent so much time and money in Afghanistan, it does seem we should be able to assert descent human values into this vile and cruel form of child abuse.

During diplomatic talks, we might tell the government there, that we will be withdrawing any/all financial support from the country, unless they make child molestation a crime, and enforce it.

It wouldn't hurt to try, and I don't see any evidence that we've done that.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Who should we be fighting......the Taliban or these child rapists?

They are one and the same. Just acting till we leave. The U.S. army should grow a pair and shoot the sick bastards on site when caught abusing children. This crap will stop real fast if the U.S. troops are let off their chain to do some good.

Call them all out, insult them and their families so they will get in big terrorist units out in the open and then cluster bomb the hell out of them. No, the kids might find some unexploded ones. NAPALM , Its high time we bring that stuff back.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I never understood why we are in Afghanistan.

I never understood why anyone joined the US military - hell, ANY military - and expected something logical, moral or sane. I mean, REALLY?
Surprise! War is hell. You didn't hear?
Old news bro.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

www.youtube.com...

I this is a more interesting and stable version.

I learned lot, but what I learned will be probably missed by the first time viewer. As it was missed by me.

I should add that the it is much better if you can find a good copy of the full documentary, if you have the time. It is over two hours and I had to do it in parts.

100%

The teachers edition is missing stuff, which is why I didn't link to it... the best versions are on Vimeo, but you can't embed that here...

If you haven't checked out the rest of his stuff, you should, it's all as good if not better, especially The Century of the Self, which is probably the most important documentary that Americans haven't seen, and if I was President for a day I'd put it on every channel in the US... the biggest problem with American's is their ignorance... once they KNOW something they usually act pretty reasonably, but sadly so many have embraced ignorance... it's a long road to get back to a reasonable starting point... look no further than the Iran deal for a perfect example...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is also quite informative

Looks like a great video. I had to stop watching it because the sound is not working. It perhaps echoes much of what I have already said and hopefully expands upon it.

I wish that the first phrase of the documentary were true for every person -

"Increasingly we live in a world where nothing makes any sense. Events come and go like waves of a fever, leaving us confused and uncertain. Those in power tell stories to help us make sense of the complexity of reality. But those stories are increasingly unconvincing and hollow."

The reality that I have faced, and that many Americans fight, is that we (the USA) is the greatest virus in the world spreading to every country.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join